ImageImage

OT: Craigslist

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

OT: Craigslist 

Post#1 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:38 pm

Sorry for the off topic post. Just curious if anybody has dealt w/Craigslist mainly for buying tickets for sporting events? My understanding is you don't really deal w/a company, just sellers that post ads. But curious if there is alot of scams to be wary of. I never really used it before but seems like another tool to use if looking for tix for something.

Thanks.
RAtheMONsession
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: OT: Craigslist 

Post#2 » by RAtheMONsession » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:45 pm

hey, ive never bought tickets but i have bought other things from craigslist.

I have bought an xbox 360, and also some golf clubs. Since doing that my girlfriend also bought a Wii for here dad on there, and my friend also bought ]an xbox 360. There have been no scams, no problems. Just great deals :D

I wouldnt worry about scams. You dont go through a company. Its simply the person selling the item posts it on the website, then you can email or call them (depending what tehy have posted), and then you ask them about it and if you want it... just set up a time to pick it up. Pretty simple
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#3 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:46 pm

I use Craigslist a lot when i'm at school in Minneapolis. I sell all sorts of gopher tickets, I don't really buy much. There isn't really a big risk of scams when buying tickets. You usually meet some where in person to do the exchange, so unless the tickets are fake or something there isn't any risk of scams.

In general if you want to avoid scams on Craigslist just don't pay buy using money orders and other questionable transactions. Do everything in person, there are a lot of scams on craigslist, so you have to be wary of offers to good to be true. There is also a link on their website that tells you what to do to avoid scams.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#4 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Cool, thanks for the replies. I was just curious b/c in some of the postings are pretty vague. I guess its a matter of being smart like anything. Good to know that people have used it and haven't had problems though, thanks!
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#5 » by jeremyd236 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:51 pm

I've probably purchased over 10 tickets from craigslist. It's what I had to use last year to get student tickets to the Badger football and basketball games since I didn't get season tickets.

I think it's a pretty reliable/useful source, although you should watch out for the spammers and companies that are selling tickets through there. Stick to the individuals looking to get rid of tickets.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,428

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:55 pm

As long as you pick up the tickets in person it's fine. Never do a paypal transaction. If you get ripped off craigslist won't do a thing about it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks