nuttinbutta Big Dog party
Junior
And1: 0

Bucks/Rockets - Round out both teams 

Post#1 » by nuttinbutta Big Dog party » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:28 am

Bucks send: Mo Williams and Charlie V.

To

Houston for: Luis Scola, Bobby Jackson, and Luther Head

For the Bucks, they get the defense orienatated PF they need with this team. Scola plays tough, and adds a nastiness to the front line, with Bogut. Bobby Jackson is a solid vet who is also expiring. He can come off the bench and run an offense. Luther Head is a throw in to make salary's work.

For Houston, they need a more dynamic PG than Rafer Alson, and someone to take some scoring pressure off McGrady. Having a sharpshooter like Mo not allow defenses to double McGrady. Houston also just drafted Joey Dorsey, and put a qualifying offer out to Carl Landry. They seem to have a bit of a log jam at PF. Charlie V can be an asset coming off the bench and scoring some point when that line comes in. He could compete to start with Landry.

Follow that up by signing PJ Brown to MLE.

Lineup:
Sessions/BJackson/CBell
MRedd/DMason/CBell
RJefferson/JAlexander/DMason
LScola/PJBrown
Bogut/Gadz

I am biased, but I like that team alot. Definate playoff team.

Thoughts? I don't know if this exactly matches up, due to Mo's BYC status on the checker.
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Re: Bucks/Rockets - Round out both teams 

Post#2 » by andonewheel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:50 am

Rafer Alston played pretty good for them last year and he's a lot like Mo except a better defender and slight offensive downgrade. I don't think they'd want Mo when they already have a handful of players who have the same role and are cheaper. Similarly, Scola was very good for them in the playoffs and I don't know why they'd want to give him up for Charlie V.

And PJ is not worth the MLE at all.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#3 » by Guy986 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:52 am

From Rockets point of view, i dont think we do this. And i like Charlie V's game alot.

Mo William, at first glance, seems like a good fit but he doesn't play defense and his contract is too large for us to absorb. We like Alston alot believe it or not and we'll rather hold onto Bobby Jackson's expiring contract until the trade deadline. And i believe Scola has significantly more value than Charlie V at this point of their career. I think Charlie will fit very nicely with the Rockets but i doubt we'll move 2 starters of a 55 win team unless we get an offer we can't refuse. Mo William and Charlie V isn't that kind of offer. For me Its a no. For other Houston fans who doesn't like Charlie V as much, i think its a hell no.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#4 » by Jez2983 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:26 am

As a Bucks fan, I'd definitely be down with this. I think the Rockets are good trading partners, and perhaps the parts could be swapped on the Rockets behalf to perhaps make it more appealing to them. I'm not sure what else we could offer other than future 1sts perhaps?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#5 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:55 am

how about offense for defense in the backcourt? Bucks get sum Head and B Jax

Mo for Bobby Jackson and Luther Head

Rockets have a 2 headed monster at the point Milwaukee style Mo/Rafer/
Guy986
RealGM

Post#6 » by Guy986 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:57 am

More Bang For The Bucks wrote:they offered Landry today so replace Scola with Chuck Hayes?

I'll do CV, Mo William for Alston, Bobby Jackson and Chuck Hayes.

But you guys won't.
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#7 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:09 am

Guy986 wrote:
More Bang For The Bucks wrote:they offered Landry today so replace Scola with Chuck Hayes?

I'll do CV, Mo William for Alston, Bobby Jackson and Chuck Hayes.

But you guys won't.

just noticed Chuck is only 6'6 and changed my mind! LOL The only guy I ever wanted under 6'8 named Chuck was Barkley :)
Guy986
RealGM

Post#8 » by Guy986 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:46 am

I think listing Chuck at 6'6 is quite generous. He's probably more like 6'5. O_o
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by Neapolitan Buck » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Wow, that's a very nice trade. I like it, I was thinking that we needed a veteran PG with defensive skills if we wanted to start Rondo, and this trade would give us a good one. I love Scola, and Luther Head is a very nice player off the bench. Only a note: Mason can't play as backup SG. That place is Luther Head bound.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#10 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:58 pm

Still don't get what people see in Scola. I saw a stiff last year who had zero shotblocking ability. If he was starting at PF for us I'd probably jump off the Golden Gate.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#11 » by Diggr14 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:57 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Still don't get what people see in Scola. I saw a stiff last year who had zero shotblocking ability. If he was starting at PF for us I'd probably jump off the Golden Gate.

If you play good defense.. and are physical the shot or two a good shotblocker that cant play a lick of defense matters little versus the solid player that causes misses.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#12 » by tedbrogen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:37 pm

While I like the idea of landing Jackson and Scola, I worry about what happens when Jackson inevitably gets injured. Then you are back to just Sessions and Bell as the only PGs on the team, and you can have that simply by trading Mo for a PF.

Also, I still don't see why Houston would take on Mo's contract when they have Alston who is on a better contract for less years, is as good a shooter and is a better defender than Mo. Mo might have a more well rounded offensive game than Alston but its not like they need offense. They have T-Mac and Yao for that.

And PJ Brown with the MLE isn't going to happen, he likes to play tag along with title contenders. Skinner is a more realistic option. He has played for the Bucks before and can't really get a bigger contract elsewhere (since the suns won't do a sign and trade as their owner is cheap and loves cutting salary, and no one who has cap space is offering Skinner an above MLE contract).
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#13 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:42 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Still don't get what people see in Scola. I saw a stiff last year who had zero shotblocking ability. If he was starting at PF for us I'd probably jump off the Golden Gate.

No offense Luke, but you must not have been watching the Rockets very closely, particularly in the playoffs. Not being a shotblocker doesn’t make Scola a stiff.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#14 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:48 pm

I have watched Scola plenty of times Chuck. I didn't see anything in his game that would make me want him as our starting power forward (I'd take him off the bench). If the guy did what he did at age 20/21, I might feel differently, but he's currently 28 years old, and is not getting any better than he is now. I'd take any of the yawner PF's mentioned in trades (Haslem, Collison, etc) over trying to acquire Scola as a starter. I'd keep CV over trying to acquire Scola.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#15 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:02 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I have watched Scola plenty of times Chuck. I watch a ton of NBA. I didn't see anything in his game that would make me want him as our starting power forward. If the guy did what he did at age 20/21, I might feel differently, but he's currently 28 years old, and is not getting any better than he is now. I'd take any of the yawner PF's mentioned in trades (Haslem, Collison, etc) over trying to acquire Scola. I'd keep CV over trying to acquire Scola.

That's fine, I probably would too. But that’s different than calling Scola a stiff and said you would jump off the Golden Gate if he was our starting power forward.

Scola put up 14 and 9 in the playoffs vs. Utah, and when he wasn’t in the game things were very difficult for the Rockets. He had similar minutes and production to Villanueva during the regular season but with a higher PER. He’s active and physical around the basket and a solid one on one post defender. Scola knocks down shots from mid range, makes good decisions and plays hard. I don’t see what’s not to like about the guy.

Of the other two players you mentioned, Udonis Haslem is 28 and Nick Collison will 28 by the start of the season.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#16 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:22 pm

Scola is a nice player. I just had heard he wants to head back overseas. What would we pay him?
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#17 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Scola is under contract for over 3 million for the next two seasons. Aren’t you sure you aren't thinking of Walter Hermann?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#18 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Scola is under contract for over 3 million for the next two seasons. Aren’t you sure you aren't thinking of Walter Hermann?

I overheard some radio report last week that Scola wanted to play overseas. It was specfically Scola. Houston was then going to meet with him to discuss his thoughts. The announcer was questioning whether it would affect how Houston would treat draft night. Not sure if their info was accurate.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#19 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:47 pm

That's interesting and very surprising. Scola has a pretty good situation in Houston and is getting paid pretty well. He could probably make more in Europe, but I’m not sure if it would be that much more. Sometimes the top clubs go crazy and throw massive dollars around. The thing with Scola is that he’s already dominated at that level and banked a ton of cash. Now he’s in the midst of proving that he can produce in the NBA. European guys are often quick to head back overseas if they feel they aren’t being utilized properly, but I can’t imagine Scola feels that way. I frequent an international basketball board where all kinds of rumors are posted about who’s going where and for how much (a lot of times they are right on the money). I haven’t read anything about Scola there, but I’ll check it out.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#20 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:59 pm

T-Mac for Redd+Mason?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks