ImageImage

NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy about Trade

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy about Trade 

Post#21 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:46 pm

There aren't too many players that are happy to be traded, unless they've been demanding one.

RJ knew his name has been on the block for a year and he almost went to IND for J'Oneal.

It's always better to be traded during the offseason so he has time to adjust and settle into our city.

I'm sure RJ will find new places to hang out, new people, etc. It just takes time.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#22 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:49 pm

As long as he plays hard and well once the seasons starts, I could give a crap how he feels right now.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Re: NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy To Come! Ho Hum... 

Post#23 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:50 pm

drew881 wrote:You are perhaps twisting the words of the article into a hyper sensitive Richard Jefferson doesn't want to COME to Milwaukee statement when the article says that Richard Jefferson is not happy that he was traded, meaning perhaps, he is upset about LEAVING NJ. It really is two separate things, considering maybe that he only wanted to play for one team.

After Yi's fiasco and knowing that no free agents really choose to come to milwaukee, I think we are all a bit sensitive in defending the city, and interpret things personally when they might not be.
I figured he wasn't happy, but my problem with the quote from the NY Post is that it's a little too vague. The comment that "he didn't seem happy" doesn't tell us about what... He could have been telling Thorn via text to kiss his @#$@~@!$#$@%^$^&^$^^$%, but that doesn't mean he has some hate for Milwaukee or disdain for this team in general. Perhaps he was having a Desmond/Snake moment, where he was under the impression that he wasn't going to be traded only to find out later that the team is/has moved him. With all the trade rumors in the media speculating he was going to be traded for ths or that guy in the league, it would not be unusual to find out that Thorn and the Nets org. guaranteed him he was apart of the team long term... and then this happens. In that case, RJ would be calling Thorn and the Nets organization any words that could come to mind and never mentioned his true feelings for playing for the Bucks whatsoever.

I don't know. I don't like how vague this was or his failure to make a public comment.. however until we hear something more concrete then I'm not really sure what he is upset about. If he is as unhappy as both Steve Blake and KVH to come here than we will have a problem. If he is able to adjust like Desmond Mason did, then we will be perfectly okay.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#24 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:54 pm

I was kind of wondering when we were going to see something like this article. I figured since we didn't hear anything from Jefferson right away, we would end up seeing something like this.

Ironically, I bet many of us (even those of us who had very high hopes for Yi) did experience some relief of not having to deal with that whole situation, only to have some slight deja vu now with Jefferson allegedly not being happy with becoming attached to the Bucks.

I realize the two situations have their differences. And it very well could be that it is more Jefferson not happy about being traded FROM the Nets as opposed to being traded TO Milwaukee. We'll have to wait and see.

I'm not all that concerned.
I always think it isn't very classy to talk about not being happy with a trade, etc.
That ultimately is insulting to your new team and their fans on some levels, whether you mean it that way or not. The players should keep that to themselves or not let it be known to anyone who isn't a close confidant.

However, I am going to give Richard Jefferson the benefit of the doubt here. I didn't see/hear Jefferson himself say anything like that. We heard from Rod Thorn, who I think should have kept that communication private. That seems kind of inappropriate for Rod Thorn to be sharing that. Jefferson isn't even on their team anymore. That's not being respectful to our organization.
It is possible Richard Jefferson expected his communication with Rod Thorn to be private and not end up in the New York Post.

What is the reason that Thorn had to share this?
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#25 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:56 pm

Bballer2306 wrote:We have not even heard anything from Jefferson yet, that was just Rod Thorn speaking.

You twisted his words also. Of course Jefferson is not happy about the trade, but that does not mean he does not want to play for Milwaukee. Jefferson has not even commented on anything yet, so I would not worry.

No matter what happens now he is not going back to New Jersey. So he has two options.....

1. Play for Milwaukee Bucks
2. Leave the NBA

I think we all know which option he would choose. He will be playing for Milwaukee next season, I guarantee it.
These aren't his only two options. As someone stated earlier he could immediately demand a trade, which we could either accommodate or we could not. He could refuse to report and face reprecussions from the NBA and the Bucks. And he could also come in play like garbage (Steve Blake style) and end up forcing a trade because he isn't playing up to his capabilities. Leaving the NBA is probably the last option on the list.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,426

Post#26 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:56 pm

Have we heard from Bobby or Yi yet?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#27 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:57 pm

GAD do you have a real source on that or is it speculation based on that report that "someone in NJ" fits that description? Just curious - I don't care either way.

Richard Jefferson will be happy when he learns that the commute to his new stadium doesn't reek of rotting eggs and turnpike exhaust. He also gets an upgrade in the abilities of his teammates. Say what you want about the playing style of Redd/Mo, but Bogut/Redd/Mo is a definite talent upgrade over Carter/Harris/Krstic. He should win at least 5 more games in Milwaukee than he would have in NJ with no trade. Maybe more.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,718

Post#28 » by msiris » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:58 pm

Does not matter. He will get over it. Hr has too if he wants to get paid.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,718

Post#29 » by msiris » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:00 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Have we heard from Bobby or Yi yet?
They most not be happy , since we have not heard from them. :D
Ride the tank
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#30 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:03 pm

We already know how Yi feels.. The kid has on his shades and is waiting to go kick it at the 40/40 Club with Jay-Z. Bobby wanted to be traded during the season, and although he was happy Kryskowiak is gone and perhaps was happy with the hiring of Skiles.. I doubt he is losing sleep over being traded. The only one probably cursing about this deal from a Bucks standpoint is CV. He would have loved to be moved closer to home and not have to "possibly" face playing basketball the right way under a coach that will definitely bench him for his laziness.

LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#31 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:05 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Have we heard from Bobby or Yi yet?

Bobby just got a 15% raise, and Yi walks into a situation where he has no competition for minutes at his position, and a huge Chinese population. There are lots of neighborhoods (such as the one I live in) where all the store fronts have both English and Chinese signs, and the Chinese restaurants serve actual Chinese food.

I'm sure they're both feeling fine.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#32 » by Diggr14 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 pm

hey, if he wants to void his contract..... im ok with it as long as NJN take Dan G too and send us Williams back. Yi+2 garbage contracts for a good backup = priceless.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Re: NY Post Says: Jefferson Not Happy To Come! Ho Hum... 

Post#33 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
Debit One wrote:
Wise1 wrote:He lives a unique lifestyle and now will, by distance, be cut off from his circle of trust. .

What does that mean?

Wise is referring to something that is one of those things you'd have to tread carefully on if it were to be discussed in a venue such as this forum. To many people it's not exactly a revelation, but at the same time it isn't widely known either. And if someone wishes to keep their private life private, I personally choose to respect their privacy.

I considered not even writing what I just wrote, but I figured the above two posts would end up getting responded to anyway, so I choose to make a suggestion that we just leave that alone.
He will be just fine here.. there is "plenty" of what he's used to here and in Chicago. If the Milwaukee Community is diverse enough for him, tell him just to jump in his car and head over to Chi-town.

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#34 » by Profound23 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:21 pm

Thorn did not say he was unhappy just because it was Milwaukee, he said he was unhappy to be traded.

CV and Ford were unhappy to be traded. Dez and Magloire were unhappy to be traded. KVH and Tim Thomas were unhappy to be traded. It happens.

But even if it is because this is Milwaukee, he will adapt. Hell it is almost the same team he played with last year minus Kidd. He played next to a ball hog in Vince Carter, now he plays next to a ball hog in Michael Redd.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#35 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:28 pm

Ok, I don't understand why we can't just say it. Jefferson is assumed to be gay or bi-sexual? This is the first I've heard of that. If people aren't mature enough to handle that fact or rumor then I guess this thread will have to be locked. GAD, I had never heard of this. Although he did get married last year.

Either way, I hope he ultimately gets to Milwaukee, settles in and learns to like Milwaukee like many athletes have.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#36 » by halfHAVOC » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:28 pm

imagine he demands a trade
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#37 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:38 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:Ok, I don't understand why we can't just say it. Jefferson is assumed to be gay or bi-sexual? This is the first I've heard of that. If people aren't mature enough to handle that fact or rumor then I guess this thread will have to be locked.

It's actually the first I've heard of it too. There was a report last year after what's his name came out that an active player in NJ was gay as well. I didn't give it any thought and never heard mention of who it was. Maybe GAD has information that says it's RJ. Don't think it matters one way or the other whether none, half, or all of our players are gay.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#38 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:41 pm

adamcz wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:Ok, I don't understand why we can't just say it. Jefferson is assumed to be gay or bi-sexual? This is the first I've heard of that. If people aren't mature enough to handle that fact or rumor then I guess this thread will have to be locked.

It's actually the first I've heard of it too. There was a report last year after what's his name came out that an active player in NJ was gay as well. I didn't give it any thought and never heard mention of who it was. Maybe GAD has information that says it's RJ. Don't think it matters one way or the other whether none, half, or all of our players are gay.

Yeah, I agree. Although I do understand why he would be upset with any trade or move from NJ if he is gay or bi-sexual. If that's what he does and that's his "unique lifestyle" then I can imagine NJ to Milwaukee being a difficult transition.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#39 » by WRau1 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:42 pm

If thats the case, I wonder how he feels about playing next to God's number 1 super fan.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#40 » by jerrod » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:42 pm

i don't know if it would really matter, trying to keep it secret while being such a public figure might be easier in a smaller city with less less media running around. but being an nba player, that would be pretty hard in any city

Return to Milwaukee Bucks