We should offer Redd for Kirilenko

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Re: We should offer Redd for Kirilenko 

Post#61 » by Profound23 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:57 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Yes another Redd for AK47 thread..........and 14 pages to follow.

I will say what I have said in these same threads since they started being posted back when it was S&T Redd for AK47 years ago.

I would love it. When AK had a bad year I still wanted to and thought at that time it was possible. Now it is probably not anymore but I would welcome it with open arms.

How about this...an all white front court

Bogut-AK-Alexander
It always comes down to color doesn't it? I would hate that frontcourt.

Not because it is "all white" like many of you envision but because it stinks. None of those
players are worth going to see. NONE OF THEM!

When you build a team you also want them to be appealing as well. You don't give up Redd for AK because not a physical PF and would get his ass beat in the East!

That roaming, cheating, help defense style he has goes well in the up and down West....BUT NOT IN THE EAST!

He is as good as he was because of the conference and Jerry Sloan's system. Take him away and he is another scrub! You all have to remember that.

Some players are good players no matter where they are and some a good because of a system or style of play. Kirlilenko is not worth Redd straight up. To get him here and want him on this team just by the color and pigmentation of his skin shallow...

Can he play? Can he win? No, I mean here? That remains to be seen...

I am in favor of the trade......just thought it would be funny to see an all white front court. How many NBA teams can say they have that?

bentley wrote:Redd for AK47 even up is ridiculous. Redd may not be a superstar or even an all-star but he is a star. Call him a scoring star if you must.
His points are difficult to replace (see Glenn Robinson)

AK47 is a starter at best--not a star, not a superstar, not an all-star. That having been said having
AK47 on the team as a PF would be a plus certainly, even in the EAST.
But even up for Redd who can score on any team anywhere---NOT A CHANCE.
Redd has tremendous trade value if, in fact, he is indeed traded.

Mo or CV for AK47 might make some sense for the Bucks. For Utah ???

I would say AK is as good defensively as Redd is offensively. AK's offense is better than Redd's defense.

Look at the organization Hammond was last a part of and how they handled similar situations.

They had allstars in Jerry Stackhouse and Grant Hill (both offensively players who are defensive liabilities), they made transactions with both players for Rip Hamilton and Ben Wallace............and won a title with that team. So going off of history this is not only a deal Hammond would do, it is a trade he should do easily.

However, Sloan knows defense is what wins and I doubt he would trade AK for Redd any Buck, minus Bogut.
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#62 » by smooth 'lil balla » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:09 pm

i'm a redd supporter, but this is a no brainer in my opinion.

Definitely do this deal.
dunhill
Junior
And1: 0

Post#63 » by dunhill » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:13 pm

thefloorgeneral wrote:Any one who thinks Kirilenko for Redd is an even trade please reconsider.

Look who Kirilenko plays for. A team overloaded with forwards that all play the same position, and make it very easy for AK to get a few weak side blocks a game. One on one against perimeter oriented forwards (pretty common in the east) AK is mediocre at best.

LOL. Someone who has never watched the guy play. That forward depth is recent. He's always been a shotblocker. prior to Boozer/Millsap etc etc etc he has always been a shotblocker. If you make an ASG on your defence alone that says you are something special. Only one other guy can claim that in recent memory - Dikembe Mutumbo

Look who Redd plays for. A team overloaded with jumpshooters that all play the same position, and an offense that makes it very easy for Redd to get his 20ppg. One on one against defensively oriented guards (pretty common in the NBA) especially in the 4th quarter Redd is mediocre at best.

That roaming, cheating, help defense style he has goes well in the up and down West....BUT NOT IN THE EAST!

I've seen a lot of things in my life that are ridiculous but this is right up there. Consider this team doesn't defend at all let alone rotate and help, you'll say its won't be effective? because the West runs a lot? Do you even watch the NBA? The teams that run the halfcourt offense best are out west. Were you even paying attention this season. This team got torched by some B-grade guard talent because help was late or just non-existent. Holy crap 1+1= 11? Also you can cheat when your instincts are correct. How's that bad defense? ANTICIPATION - all great defenders have this.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#64 » by jerrod » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:24 pm

Sigra wrote:CV for Salmons? Interesting. It would be good value for CV but I want team full of star veterans. Like Rip, RJ, AK47 and Bogut for example

i just want you to know that i noticed how you tried to slip bogut in there at the end :reporter:

:D

and i'd happily do this deal, either redd/ak, redd/ak and almond, and redd and dez/ak and brewer

andthen cv for salmons would be cool with me
thefloorgeneral
Ballboy

Post#65 » by thefloorgeneral » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:38 pm

Actually, I've watched him play more than I care to because TNT/ESPN seem to be in love with the Jazz. I don't think there's a need to get cocky.

I see your point, but how can your comment about a team full of jumpshooters make it easy for Redd to get his points? That makes sense if we're talking about the Suns or Nuggets, but the Bucks only average 97ppg last year. I'm not in love with Redd, but to say he isn't an offensive talent in the right system is crazy.

The big man depth has always been there in some form or another, that's the only reason the Jazz have ever done anything in the West since the Stockton days. AK works for the Jazz, I'm not arguing that. Put him on a small team in the east, and I don't think he's nearly as effective.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#66 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:46 pm

I don't think that the Jazz would be interested in this deal, mainly because they are already a very good offensive team.

I also don't think the Bucks would be interested in this. Kirilenko has a history of injury when he plays the 4 spot. We would be left with not enough reliable scoring. And, it seems the plan is to have Redd, Jefferson, and Bogut as our reliable scorers, and fill in around them.

I'd persue a guy like Marcus Camby. The constant rumors are that the Nuggets are trying to dump his salary. He is a better shot blocker, rebounder, and just as good of a point forward as Kirilenko, but he also knows his role and doesn't want to be a scorer.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Post#67 » by Profound23 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:06 pm

thefloorgeneral...

Redd is an offensive star with no defensive capabilities

AK is a defensive star with some offensive capabilities

Personally I trade the best offensive player in the league (if he has no defense) for the best defensive player in the league (if he has no offense).........now look at the fact that AK does have some offense and this trade is easy to see it benefits us, which is why Hammond does it....Utah doesn't.
thefloorgeneral
Ballboy

Post#68 » by thefloorgeneral » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:13 pm

Profound23 wrote:thefloorgeneral...

Redd is an offensive star with no defensive capabilities

AK is a defensive star with some offensive capabilities

Personally I trade the best offensive player in the league (if he has no defense) for the best defensive player in the league (if he has no offense).........now look at the fact that AK does have some offense and this trade is easy to see it benefits us, which is why Hammond does it....Utah doesn't.

Agreed
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#69 » by paul » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:44 pm

Here's my problem with this trade - AK is just so damned hard to like. He's a whiner. A good to very good defender, runs the floor well etc, and a whiner. Every time I watch the Jazz play I find myself shouting at the screen for him to quit his bitching. But anyway -

I think a point that has been largely overlooked here is that guy is yet another freaking 3. He's had some success at the 4 but he's not a true 4 and will more than likely spend plenty of time on the injured list if played against banging 4's all season long. We're all trying to convince ourselves that Alexander is a 4 not a 3, so everyone keeps proposing other deals for 3's masquerading as 4's. We got the BPA in RJ, now let's make a 'team' out of the roster by filling our needs with the right guys, not a square peg that we'll try to squeeze into a round hole.

This deal would also leave us with two roster problems as best I can see -
1. We would absolutely have to keep Mo as our starting pg if this deal was to go down or else we'd be scoring 70 a night (and lots of us have been on record previously about the whole pass first PG topic) and
2. This would clog up the lane on offense massively by taking away our 'floor spreader' 2 and adding an 'offensively challenged' 4, meaning much less room for Bogut to operate and RJ to slash.

He's just not the right fit imo.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#70 » by old skool » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:26 pm

Redd has arguably improved his game every year. Even this past year when his shooting efficiency declined, he improved his rebounds and assists. The regular changes to his game, as he evolved from strictly an outside shooter to someone who can drive to the basket and hit the mid-range jumper, have been impressive, and have shown me that he is somewhat receptive to coaching.

Kirilenko, on the other hand, seems to have plateaued. His game has gone backward. He has had health issues. He has had conflicts with his coach. It might not be reasonable to expect him to revert to his production of several years ago, just by putting him back at PF.

If I had to choose between the Redd that we know, and the Kirilenko that we hope can reemerge, I would opt for Redd. In theory, the Bucks have more in-depth information on which to base a comparison.

oLd sKool
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#71 » by JustinCredible » Thu Jul 3, 2008 5:51 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:I don't think that the Jazz would be interested in this deal, mainly because they are already a very good offensive team.

I also don't think the Bucks would be interested in this. Kirilenko has a history of injury when he plays the 4 spot. We would be left with not enough reliable scoring. And, it seems the plan is to have Redd, Jefferson, and Bogut as our reliable scorers, and fill in around them.

I'd persue a guy like Marcus Camby. The constant rumors are that the Nuggets are trying to dump his salary. He is a better shot blocker, rebounder, and just as good of a point forward as Kirilenko, but he also knows his role and doesn't want to be a scorer.

+1. I'm definately in the Marcus Camby camp....that guy is what this team needs. Find a way to get Hinrich and we have:

PG- Kirk Hinrich
SG- Michael Redd
SF- Richard Jefferson
PF- Marcus Camby
C- Andrew Bogut

I don't think we have enough assets to get both Hinrich and Camby but that would be a sweet lineup. Also don't know if that is realistic salary wise....but I still like to imagine that being the Bucks starting 5.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#72 » by Nebula1 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 6:07 pm

kirilenko = :sour: :falloff: :sigh: :ouch: :noway: :banghead: :nonono: :curse: :falloff: :falloff: :falloff: :sad: :sigh:

just no. same goes for any absurd varejao suggestions.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#73 » by Sigra » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:58 pm

Nebula1 wrote:kirilenko = :sour: :falloff: :sigh: :ouch: :noway: :banghead: :nonono: :curse: :falloff: :falloff: :falloff: :sad: :sigh:

Looking forward to Redd dunking?
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#74 » by jerrod » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:36 pm

Sigra wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:kirilenko = :sour: :falloff: :sigh: :ouch: :noway: :banghead: :nonono: :curse: :falloff: :falloff: :falloff: :sad: :sigh:

haha, i had no idea what he meant,

i commend you on your smiley to english translation
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#75 » by Nebula1 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:47 pm

Sigra wrote:

Kirilenko is in the absolute perfect environment with the perfect coach and PG and he's still a headcase. He's skinny and never plays an entire season. No way I trade our best player for a glorified role player. The guy is vastly overrated. Granted he blocks some shots, but big deal. He is not in Michael Redd's class.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#76 » by Nebula1 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:49 pm

jerrod wrote:
Sigra wrote:

haha, i had no idea what he meant,

i commend you on your smiley to english translation

It means I wish there was a puking emoticon. Redd is unfairly bashed on this board and AK is glorified for some odd reason. By no means are we adding wins to our record by making a Redd for AK trade. We'd trade for him and he'd get hurt like he always does.
Ace_Maverick
Banned User

Post#77 » by Ace_Maverick » Fri Jul 4, 2008 6:25 am

Terrible Idea. Trade Allstar and Oylmpic Team Member for a head case whose game has been on the decline. No thanks. Now if it was Boozer for Redd then I'd say go ahead and lets do it.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,033

Post#78 » by midranger » Fri Jul 4, 2008 10:52 am

Kirilenko is an All-Star and Olympic Team member too.

Btw, is there a statute of limitations on being an All-Star? Or is it like the presidency?

In 20 years will Jamaal Magloire be introduced as All-Star Jamaal Magloire? How about All-Star Antoine Walker?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#79 » by Sigra » Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:32 am

Nebula1 wrote:
Sigra wrote:

Kirilenko is in the absolute perfect environment with the perfect coach and PG and he's still a headcase. He's skinny and never plays an entire season. No way I trade our best player for a glorified role player. The guy is vastly overrated. Granted he blocks some shots, but big deal. He is not in Michael Redd's class.

How is he in perfect situation? He is PF forced to play SF. It is terrible situation for him. What good he has from his PG when he is not used for offense? Williams is pick and roll PG and Sloan run his offense through Williams-Bozer pick and roll featuring Okur streaching out defense with his outside shooting and AK47 also shoting from outside and from weak side. It is HORIBLE situation for AK47 both at offense and defense.

Skinny? Yeah. Just like Kevin Garnett. When he plays at PF AK47 is great great defender. In Garnett's league. He would improve our defense the way how Garnett improved Boston's defense. He would be defansive play maker and leader of our defense just like KG was for Boston. And with Bogut there and Skiles on bench I think we could have the best defense in NBA.

Redd? The guy can't dunk without injuring himself. Is lazy player whos lazy personality took over entire team (logical considering his contract). REDD HAS TO GO
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#80 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:21 pm

Sigra wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:
Sigra wrote:

How is he in perfect situation? He is PF forced to play SF. It is terrible situation for him. What good he has from his PG when he is not used for offense? Williams is pick and roll PG and Sloan run his offense through Williams-Bozer pick and roll featuring Okur streaching out defense with his outside shooting and AK47 also shoting from outside and from weak side. It is HORIBLE situation for AK47 both at offense and defense.

Skinny? Yeah. Just like Kevin Garnett. When he plays at PF AK47 is great great defender. In Garnett's league. He would improve our defense the way how Garnett improved Boston's defense. He would be defansive play maker and leader of our defense just like KG was for Boston. And with Bogut there and Skiles on bench I think we could have the best defense in NBA.

Redd? The guy can't dunk without injuring himself. Is lazy player whos lazy personality took over entire team (logical considering his contract). REDD HAS TO GO

Wait, Wait, Wait,
KG = 7 Time NBA All-Defense First Team, 2 Time 2nd team, and a DPOY Award
AK47 = 1 Time NBA All-Defense First Team, 2 Time 2nd team

Ok so I guess they both made the 2nd team the same amount of times, thats really the only comparison. Other than that, idno what the hell youre talking about.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks