Mike Bibby?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,455

Re: Mike Bibby? 

Post#41 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jul 6, 2008 1:47 am

Jennings is a mental midget. That doesn't mean he can't play in the NBA some day but I wouldn't count on it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#42 » by Buck You » Sun Jul 6, 2008 2:33 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Jennings is a mental midget. That doesn't mean he can't play in the NBA some day but I wouldn't count on it.

He's playing in Europe this year right?
Reggie White
Junior
And1: 5

Post#43 » by Reggie White » Sun Jul 6, 2008 2:35 am

Can Bibby play defense? I would think that any acquisition the Bucks consider making under Hammond/Skiles regime would start with their attitude on playing defense. My pre-conceived notion about Bibby is that he's not fond of playing defense. Am I wrong?

In the Mo vs. Bibby argument, I don't think we need a pass first PG, we just need one that is going to have good shot selection. TJ Ford was a great distributor of the ball, but defenses could sag off of him because he didn't have the ability to knock down shots to keep the defense honest. Both Mo and Bibby have that potential ... which one would play better defense?
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#44 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sun Jul 6, 2008 12:53 pm

Mo and Bibby are the same style of player, with Mo being better and younger. If the trade is done as a salary dump I guess that's fine, but how are we going to get a power forward?
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#45 » by paul » Sun Jul 6, 2008 2:49 pm

Like a few others the only way I do this is if it's Mo OR CV and Gadz, not both Mo and CV. It would take care of our salary issues and gives us a reasonable replacement for Mo, as well as leaving us with either Mo or CV to use to get a PF. I'm pretty sure Sessions would start in front of Bibby.

As a side issue - everone seems to be panicking a bit thinking there are no more moves coming - I for one tend to think there is a real chance that Hinrich will be obtained and Mo will be moved for Haslem after the moratorium. I know we're not hearing anything but we didn't hear anything before the RJ trade either.

If I had to guess I'd say within a week we'll be hearing something like -

CV/Des/2009 first for Hinrich
Mo/2009 second for Haslem/Cook

Well I hope that's what we'll be hearing anyway......

Return to Milwaukee Bucks