ImageImage

Kwame works out w/Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

thefloorgeneral
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Kwame works out w/Bucks 

Post#101 » by thefloorgeneral » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:32 pm

MetroDrugUnit wrote: Think about the beginning of Jermaine O' Neal's first few years were he was considered a bust, although he was deep on the pine on a real good team where as Kwame has had his opportunities.

Good point. Although Jermaine didn't have the character isssues that Kwame has had, they are very similar players. But to Kwame's credit, he's never been in a system (except for his short time in Memphis) where he could find his game. He's always been expected to contribute this or that, and be the starting big man - worthy of a #1 pick. Don't get me wrong, I hate him just as much as the next guy, but maybe in Milwaukee, as a back-up, he finally finds himself.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,496

Post#102 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Big Kwame and Skiles would mix like oil and water.

He thought he was demoralized by M-Jeff.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#103 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Debit One wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:No thanks for me. Any guy who can rack up as many DNP CD's as he has is not worth the trouble.

Interesting position to take given your screen name and apparent affection for a guy who had 16 DNPs in 06-07 and averaged 14 mpg.

I plead international rookie on that one. Little bit of a difference. Plus for all of the people who think Skiles can get the best out of him, come on, he was a turd for Phil Jackson he'll be a turd anywhere. Again nobody has explained how he can be a lazy and still a good defender.

Pretty impressive game log for a guy in his 7th year in the league. How many 0 -5 min games? Let's move on to a player worth the money.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?playerId=981
smalls
Junior

Post#104 » by smalls » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:01 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Just a quick little trip down memory lane for those that don't know about Kwame Brown "Baby Man"

Also don't forget to visit http://www.kwamebrownsucks.com

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dy ... Found=true

"He's mature, articulate, he's 6-11, and got all this talent, and you think he's ready to help us immediately," Collins says. What they couldn't see was the inside of him. The lungs that were underdeveloped. The softness that came from never having been really pushed, from not having lived alone in a big city, from never having been away from his mother. "Inside, he's mush," says his youth pastor from Brunswick, the Rev. John Williams.

There was the time they discovered that he was eating Popeyes fried chicken for every meal, including breakfast, because he didn't really know how to grocery-shop. The sports management firm that represents Brown, SFX, assigned Richard J. Lopez, a 36-year-old business manager, to shepherd him. Lopez found that he essentially became a parent.

Lopez took Brown to a Giant supermarket and helped him fill a cart with food. Then Lopez drove Brown home to his rented apartment in Alexandria and hard-boiled a dozen eggs for him and put them in the refrigerator.

One morning before a Wizards game, Brown called Lopez, and said, "I have nothing to wear. Everything's dirty."

Lopez knew Brown had a closet full of new suits – he had helped hang them there. "Kwame," he explained, "you have to take those suits to the dry cleaners." That was fine, Brown said, but he didn't know how to do that, and he still didn't have anything to wear.

Lopez drove over to Brown's apartment, and found the suits in a heap by the bed. Each time Brown wore one, he would take it off, wad it up and throw it in a corner.

Lopez picked up a suit from the pile, got out the iron, and began ironing.

It was Lopez who helped Brown find his apartment, a four-bedroom condo in Alexandria. Lopez also got him a deal on a Mercedes S500, and a free cell phone, and helped him set up his cable service, and get an ATM card, and all the other things that go with being an adult. At first, Brown's mother, Joyce, was there to help, and there was a temporary roommate to keep him company, an acquaintance from Brunswick attending Howard Law School. But then his mother went home to care for her other children, and the roommate got a place closer to campus.

seriously there are some people who i normally consider sane and knowledgable about the NBA. who r advocating this guy to be on our roster. I think i am in bizzarro world!!! The article ahead should be enuf even if the guy could play to not want him around this mass culture change that we r trying to establish here, then u add the fact that he is and has been throughout his NBA career an absolute turd on the court. I want no part of this guy, at all. there has to be some d leaguer or international that at least has some heart desire and a touch of skill/hands that we can find. The only thing from what i can tell that Kwame has succeeded at is not getting himself arrested or suspended for a substance violation.
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#105 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:13 pm

I think that rapper out of Chicago in the late 80s with the fro who wore polka dots was tougher than Kwame Brown
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#106 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:24 am

Kwame Brown for all his faults is still one of the best post defenders in the league. I'd love to sign him on if the price was right.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#107 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:39 am

I guess I would point out that Skiles has had to coach some pretty dumb players so far with the Bulls: Curry, J Crawford, Sweetney, Chandler (early), Tyrus Thomas and he has had some success with them. I'm guessing if they had him in for a workout, the big question that Hammond had for Skiles was "do you think you can get him get anything out of him?"......I don't think he's a guy you bring in if there are other options, but for big men with his size and quickness there are few options that provide his "upside"....(if you can even say that anymore.)
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#108 » by MetroDrugUnit » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 am

I see Kwame made almost 9.4 million last year. What kind of an offer do you think he's looking for now? Anyone know what we have to offer now? MLE?
htr
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#109 » by htr » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:05 am

I doubt he'll get the MLE, but people thinking he'll sign for the minimum here are crazy. I would sign him for half the mle for 2-3 years in a heartbeat. And if we don't, I know some team will give him a deal like that.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#110 » by bango_the_buck » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:28 am

MetroDrugUnit wrote:What kind of an offer do you think he's looking for now?

My guess is he'll get a 3yr/10mil deal...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#111 » by europa » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:53 pm

htr wrote:I doubt he'll get the MLE, but people thinking he'll sign for the minimum here are crazy.

I don't know if anybody said that he would sign for the minimum - what CBQ said and I seconded is that the Bucks should only offer him the minimum. If he doesn't like it, he's free to go somewhere else and piss that team off. Frankly, I'd prefer that he did.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#112 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:55 pm

europa wrote:
htr wrote:I doubt he'll get the MLE, but people thinking he'll sign for the minimum here are crazy.

I don't know if anybody said that he would sign for the minimum - what CBQ said and I seconded is that the Bucks should only offer him the minimum. If he doesn't like it, he's free to go somewhere else and piss that team off. Frankly, I'd prefer that he did.

I think we should grab Chris Andersen or just plain look in a different direction. For all the "culture change" that Hammond is trying to instill, Kwame Browns addition would take us back about 3 years. He's got the body, he just doesn't have the brain or the drive.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#113 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:40 pm

Chris Andersen has the brain and drive?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#114 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:47 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Chris Andersen has the brain and drive?

He's been out of the league for two years. I've read plenty of reports on his workout habits and how desperate he is to get back in the league. I can't comment on his bball IQ, but he's got plenty of drive. Moreso than Kwame who may never get it.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#115 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:52 pm

Kwame doesn't have the inner drive to play on a higher level for more than brief periods of time during a given game. Whereas a guy like Chris Andersen is aggressive (sometimes overly so) all the time and although he's not the most skilled big man, he seems to know how to play his role. Both are knuckleheads it seems though...so there is a downside to both of them.

However for me, whether we sign one, both or someone entirely different guy all I want is the following:

-Rebound (offensive and defensive glass)
-Play consistently well on defensively
-play within the system and maximize whatever minutes they get
-run the floor
-finish at the basket
-don't turn over the ball being butter fingered
-and most importantly don't cost us too much money
-stay out of trouble

If they can do that then it doesn't which one they sign in my opinion.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#116 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:16 pm

Um, at least Kwame has managed to stay in the League instead of kicking it with Keon Clark and talking about their glory days.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#117 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:30 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Kwame doesn't have the inner drive to play on a higher level for more than brief periods of time during a given game. Whereas a guy like Chris Andersen is aggressive (sometimes overly so) all the time and although he's not the most skilled big man, he seems to know how to play his role. Both are knuckleheads it seems though...so there is a downside to both of them.

However for me, whether we sign one, both or someone entirely different guy all I want is the following:

-Rebound (offensive and defensive glass)
-Play consistently well on defensively
-play within the system and maximize whatever minutes they get
-run the floor
-finish at the basket
-don't turn over the ball being butter fingered
-and most importantly don't cost us too much money
-stay out of trouble

If they can do that then it doesn't which one they sign in my opinion.

This is my concern with Kwame. He can't/won't/doesn't play within himself. He's always out there trying to "prove" himself to his teammates, coaches, the league. I have horrible visions of Kwame demanding the ball in the post against much better opponents.

Chris Anderson I think would come in and just play his game. Which is rebound, block shots, slam dunks. I don't think he would be throwing up turn around jumper, post up moves, hook shots, etc.

But, what do I know. Kwame has the physical tools to be far more effective against bigger bodies, so that may be the difference when choosing who to sign.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#118 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:39 pm

Kwame may lack the "passion" Andersen has, but is certainly the more talented player. If Skiles is such a great coach, maybe he can reach Kwame. I have no problem on taking a small chance on him. Overall, I think it's a very interesting move by the Bucks.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#119 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:54 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Kwame may lack the "passion" Andersen has, but is certainly the more talented player. If Skiles is such a great coach, maybe he can reach Kwame. I have no problem on taking a small chance on him. Overall, I think it's a very interesting move by the Bucks.

Hey Neb, do you live in Madison. If yes where?
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#120 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:56 pm

Doug Collins and Phil Jackson are both tough coaches for rookies to play for. And MJ made the Washington situation a terrible one for Kwame. But the kid has been in the league a long time, and expectations have been relaxed for him for a long time.

I love Skiles, but Kwame is not his kind of player, and it seems like a bad fit.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks