OR

Mo & CV to Bulls for Hinrich & Cedric Simmons
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Re: TI would anyone do this? 

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:22 am

Why are the Bucks giving up a pick and not getting one?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#3 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:25 am

The Bulls would do it if they wanted 2 Ben Gordons.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#4 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:31 am

Honestly, I can understand how people can have this 'grass is always greener on the other side' outlook, but Hinrich was awful last season. The Bulls just passed on the best college player in recent memory, a guy that plays the position and offers exactly what they need, just so they could replace him. The contracts are comparable and Hinrich is two years older than Mo.

But again, Hinrich was simply awful last season.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:41 am

Quick, where's Mags FTW's sig? I need to post it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Post#6 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:15 am

because the Bucks can suddenly win now and Skiles is the coach...................top 15 protect that pick and I'm down. Bulls don't do it unless Gordon leaves. I think they should resign Deng and do this deal with the Bucks 8-)
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,565

Post#7 » by Profound23 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:18 am

Hinrich was awful LAST SEASON.

I would love Hinrich over Mo on the Bucks, but I do not want Mo on the Bulls.

Bulls have to move Hinrich for expirings to re-sign DENG/BG or move a combination of the two for a superstar player like Joe Johnson.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#8 » by Mags FTW » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:27 am

trwi7 wrote:Quick, where's Mags FTW's sig? I need to post it.

8-)
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#9 » by paul » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:45 am

Profound23 wrote:Hinrich was awful LAST SEASON.

I would love Hinrich over Mo on the Bucks, but I do not want Mo on the Bulls.

Bulls have to move Hinrich for expirings to re-sign DENG/BG or move a combination of the two for a superstar player like Joe Johnson.

I do find it a little ironic that half the board is saying they would take Brand over Bogut at $20m more when he didn't even PLAY last season, yet there's no way we want Hinrich on the team over Mo. Hinrich has been vastly superior to Mo as a PG over the course of their careers and had one poor season, much like the rest of the Bulls roster did last season. The team was in disarray, there were rumblings about the GM, the coach was fired, the players were fighting with each other and the coach's, Deng and Gordon both also declined etc etc.

Apart from all that Hinrich is a much better fit on our current roster than Mo imo, but I think there are better deals to get it done.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#10 » by Debit One » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:44 am

Profound23 wrote:Bulls have to move Hinrich for expirings to re-sign DENG/BG or move a combination of the two for a superstar player like Joe Johnson.

How desperate do you think that the Bulls are for that cap space?

The Bucks could offer Mason (expiring), Bell (not an expiring but provides some G depth until Rose is ready to be the 35 mpg PG for the Bulls) and a future 1st for Hinrich.

You then use Mo to get a PF (yes, perhaps that dreaded Mo for Haslem deal).

Bucks:

PG - Hinrich, Sessions
SG - Redd, Hinrich (need to acquire some depth here)
SF - Jefferson, Alexander
PF - Acquired PF, CV
C - Bogut, Gadz
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#11 » by Sigra » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:07 pm

Mason, CV and a future 1st (protected) for Hinrich still makes most sense IMO. Both teams could do that.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#12 » by europa » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Sigra wrote:Mason, CV and a future 1st (protected) for Hinrich still makes most sense IMO. Both teams could do that.

Yup. Unfortunately, the current signals suggest the Bulls will keep Hinrich and part ways with Gordon. If that's the case, then Hinrich unfortunately is out as an option for the Bucks. And if the Bulls choose Gordon over Hinrich, they'll have no need for Mo since they already have Gordon so the original idea of Mo for Hinrich wouldn't interest them.

My guess is Hammond has made inquiries about Hinrich already and possibly made an offer but the Bulls haven't decided if they're keeping him and moving him to SG or keeping Gordon and trying to deal Hinrich. If all it will take is Harrington to get Hinrich, then I think the Bucks could trump that offer. They may not even need to include the future protected first. I'd rather have Villanueva than Harrington at this point plus you get Dez's expiring deal as well.
Nothing will not break me.
treis
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#13 » by treis » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:49 pm

DrugBust wrote:Honestly, I can understand how people can have this 'grass is always greener on the other side' outlook, but Hinrich was awful last season. The Bulls just passed on the best college player in recent memory, a guy that plays the position and offers exactly what they need, just so they could replace him. The contracts are comparable and Hinrich is two years older than Mo.

But again, Hinrich was simply awful last season.

And he was great the season before that: 16.6 ppg, 6.3 apg, 2.3 TO, 44.8% FG, 41.5% 3P, and All Nba 2nd team defense. If Kirk and Mo are both at their best, Kirk is a lot better.

Everyone thinks that because we drafted Rose we are just going to throw Kirk away. We aren't, at least we aren't yet. Rose would benefit from going up against Kirk in practice, and as a player to learn from on the court. Kirk's salary only becomes a concern if we want cap room in 10, or if we have to give big money to Tyrus. That gives us a year and a half before we'd have to just dump Kirk. Until then, we will happily use Kirk as our starter, or as a great backup when Rose develops.

Sigra wrote:Mason, CV and a future 1st (protected) for Hinrich still makes most sense IMO. Both teams could do that.

This is the problem with a lot of Bulls deals. We have no use for Mason or CV. Mason isn't a better option than Deng or Noc at the SF, and CV is not a better option than Gooden, Noc, or Tyrus. At best, those two just crowd an already crowded rotation. At worst they get 0 minutes. Once you look at the players like that, we've just traded Kirk for a future protected first. Not a smart move at this point.
europa
RealGM

Post#14 » by europa » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:54 pm

treis wrote:This is the problem with a lot of Bulls deals. We have no use for Mason or CV. Mason isn't a better option than Deng or Noc at the SF, and CV is not a better option than Gooden, Noc, or Tyrus. At best, those two just crowd an already crowded rotation. At worst they get 0 minutes. Once you look at the players like that, we've just traded Kirk for a future protected first. Not a smart move at this point.

That's my take on the trade as well and it's similar to what I posted before the draft when this rumor first started making the rounds. This trade makes a ton of sense for the Bucks, but I'm not sure why the Bulls would do it.

However, if there's any truth to the Harrington for Hinrich rumor than this offer from the Bucks is a superior offer and I'd say it's considerably better. As I said, I'd rather have Villanueva than Harrington plus the Bulls would get a protected first as well.
Profound23
RealGM

Re: TI Mo/Hinrich 

Post#15 » by Profound23 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:57 pm

FYI, Bulls shut down Rose for the Summer League and are doing an MRI for tendinitis in his knee.

If it is serious, they have to keep Hinrich as an insurance policy. Personally I think the Bulls should just keep Hinrich, because he had a bad year last year.

He would start off the Bulls season at PG, play well and raise his trade value. Once Rose is ready, Hinrich can be traded for much more than Mo or CV/Mason. And if he plays poorly again (I doubt it), his trade value would still be about the same in this era where everyone wants a PG.
europa
RealGM

Post#16 » by europa » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:58 pm

Yea if I was Paxson I'd keep Hinrich and let Gordon go. Hinrich is a much more valuable player in my opinion.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#17 » by Profound23 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Gordon is a player like Mo Williams/Jamaal Crawford.....on a rookie deal he is a great player to have.

Now that he wants a huge deal, I do not want to retain him. The problem Gordon is one of the only Bulls who can consistently hit the three and since Rose has no shot at all, but is a great play making PG who can create threes for others, the only way we can let Gordon leave is to trade him and someone else for another SG who can shoot the three.
treis
RealGM

Post#18 » by treis » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:34 pm

Gordon is a lot better than Jamal Crawford or Mo Williams. I realize that I easily might be a homer here, but I think that our guys are being underrated after last year. Last year was a very unusual confluence of events that led to an epic fail. Guys were upset after not getting contracts, Kirk got married and was banged up, and Ben Wallace completely sucked as a player and became a cancer, Skiles lost the team as the coach, and we tried to work in under performing sophomores.

The year before that, we were a 49 win team behind the core of Kirk, Gordon, Deng, and to a lesser extent Noc. Besides those guys, we really didn't have many good players. Ben Wallace was a once every three games player, PJ Brown sucked, Malik Allen sucked, Thabo and Tyrus weren't anything useful, and Duhon was mediocre. We didn't have a legitimate starting big man on the roster, and yet we still managed to win. I think that with a more experience core of Kirk, Gordon, Deng, and Noc, plus Gooden and a more developed Noah/Tyrus the Bulls could be a 50 win team. That's the context I look at when evaluating our player's value. Maybe it's a homer view, but that's what it is.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#19 » by Sigra » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:25 pm

treis wrote:
This is the problem with a lot of Bulls deals. We have no use for Mason or CV. Mason isn't a better option than Deng or Noc at the SF, and CV is not a better option than Gooden, Noc, or Tyrus. At best, those two just crowd an already crowded rotation. At worst they get 0 minutes. Once you look at the players like that, we've just traded Kirk for a future protected first. Not a smart move at this point.

I know that you don't need Mason or CV at all. But you can trade them for something that you do need. They do have some value even if they don't for you. And they are expirings too. So you would trade Kirk for a future protected first AND for whatever you get for CV and Mason.
treis
RealGM

Post#20 » by treis » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:31 pm

We likely won't get anyone that will be in the rotation for us, and we probably won't get a 1st round pick. It's likely that they would just walk for nothing after this year.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks