ImageImage

Alternate Jersey

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Re: Alternate Jersey 

Post#21 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:23 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I may be having brain lock, but has any other NBA have a picture on their jersey? I've see claws and stuff on the back but nothing as big as the buck. Wonder if the NBA still allows them

Yeah that 90s craze

Theres a bunch of others too
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#22 » by jokeboy86 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:42 pm

I thought it was going to happen but its probably not until they start winning. The Bucks have never really sold alot of merchandise even when they were winning cause those purple jerseys and their colors now are just terrible. Of all the Wisconsin teams, they have the absolute worst colors. But at the next press conference someone should really ask why they refuse to wear throwback jerseys since Gary Payton was here and they played Phoenix. This team had such a history in the 70s and 80s it would only make sense to wear one of those jerseys to remind people.

But maybe this all goes back to what Kohl says in that he loses money on the Bucks every year. Why spend money you don't have on things non-basketball related?
Todd_Day
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#23 » by Todd_Day » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:05 pm

I think people would buy the old stuff like there's no tomorrow.

The Nike Rewind stuff from 2003 2004 is pretty fun and is nowhere to be found, I think a ton of it got bought up.
The Milwaukee Bucks. Still the only major Milwaukee team to get closest to a title since the mid 1980's.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#24 » by jerrod » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:09 pm

i think the raptors, suns, pistons, and jazz jerseys on this page are cool
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#25 » by BobbyLight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:36 pm

jerrod wrote:i think the raptors, suns, pistons, and jazz jerseys on this page are cool

I like the Raptors and those Suns jerseys are some of my all time favorites. The Pistons and Jazz are pretty terrible IMO. I also think that Hawks jersey is one of the worst ever worn on a basketball court. A big ass flying hawk AND a graident jersey? Ouch.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#26 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:52 pm

That should have been the templete for the 2006-2007 re-design.

They should also go back to the old Bango logo. Why mess with something that is classic, whimsical, and unique. Something that looks inviting.

Right now with the current logo and jersey style, the Bucks look like a B-Grade Chicago Bulls.

Love that Suns jersey.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#27 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:16 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:Ever since the color switch, a red alternate jersey has always been rumored, but has never transpired.

The NBA doesn't allow alternates during the first two years with new jerseys. This upcoming season is the first possible opportunity for alternates to transpire.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#28 » by THE DINJ » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:01 pm

No more red jerseys plz.
Comet
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#29 » by Comet » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:47 pm

THE DINJ wrote:No more red jerseys plz.

I agree. There are 5 teams (Bulls, Cavs, Rockets, Clippers, Raptors) that have red road jerseys, and 5 teams (Pistons, Heat, Nets, Sixers, Blazers) that had red alternate jerseys. I hope we don't just take the easy way out and get red jerseys.

I've always kind of hoped we would have a black alternate jersey; but then again, it only looks good on the Heat, and probably not in red and green.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#30 » by BobbyLight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:04 pm

I've been hoping for something along these lines:

See below for the designer.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php ... 0&hl=bucks
BlueJeep
Junior
And1: 0

Post#31 » by BlueJeep » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:28 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Image

I'm ready for a throwback.
I am the only one that actually liked these. I thought they were unique.

OT.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uvb-1wjAtk4
dont ask me why i was watching this video but at the 4.15 mark, theres a little suprise. anyone know who that was?
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings
BigThree131034
Ballboy

Post#32 » by BigThree131034 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:17 am

A little creative googling (doesn't that sound wrong) reveals that the guy sporting the Ray Ray jersey is Damon Dash, a co-founder of Roc-A-Fella records. That scene in the video was Kanye's "chaining day" when he officially became part of the label.
The NBA - Where fixing the 2001 Eastern Conference Finals happens...
BlueJeep
Junior

Post#33 » by BlueJeep » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:00 am

what did you google to find that
?
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#34 » by jerrod » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:07 am

told ya
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#35 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:26 am

Although outdated today, I always liked those green alternates from like 1996 that you have above. I remember buying a Big Dog replica of that when I was in jr high or whatever. Definitely unique, wished they would've wore them more.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#36 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:31 am

I've since sold it, but I really liked the Nike Swingman I bought of Gary Payton's from the summer after he was traded to us (and then signed with the Lakers). It was the style of the mid 80's but was grey w/black and green trim. I really liked the style. I'll try getting a pic...

Found it...

Todd_Day
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#37 » by Todd_Day » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:44 pm

yeah, those nike jerseys are fun.

i think any alts should echo that period for sure. that was a happy time in milwaukee.

the raptors now have some of that side bar stuff going on like 80's bucks style.

i have the shorts that match that glove jersey that n8 frog posted. one of my favorites to throw on at the gym.
The Milwaukee Bucks. Still the only major Milwaukee team to get closest to a title since the mid 1980's.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#38 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:54 pm

If you swap out that lighter green for red and have our current green in place of that darker green, we could actually have a jersey like that. Silver is one of our colors so it would be allowed. That would be awesome. Damn GAD get on the phone with the people you know with the Bucks and bring that up :lol:
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#39 » by bango_the_buck » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:17 am

So it's definite that they aren't coming out this year? That's too bad - I was looking forward to them (I was actually planning on getting a red Yi jersey because there's a large Asian population in my lab :lol:). Call me boring and old fashion, but I'd like to see a simple palette swap of the green jersey's, but with 'Bucks' replaced with the 'Milwaukee' word mark they released in an arc above the numbers. It's a little more classy than some complete random whacked out jersey like the Washingtons of the league. I'm also in favor of having more throw back games...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks