Ivey to Philly - 2 years "significant guarantee"

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,067

Re: Ivey to Philly - 2 years "significant guarantee" 

Post#21 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:01 pm

fam3381 wrote:That's not an unreasonable point about the other guys, but I don't see it belonging in a Royal Ivey thread.

Royal Ivey will most likely kick our ass in a game next year.....and probably look better there than he did here is my guess.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#22 » by jerrod » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:08 pm

i didn't read the article, did they guarantee him first choice of towels for each game?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,478

Post#23 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:15 pm

They promised him the 11th spot on the bench instead of the 12th.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#24 » by Buck You » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:30 pm

The Philly fans seem to think Ivey is a good defender.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#25 » by aboveAverage » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:36 pm

He is a good defender, in terms of staying in front of his man and putting forth effort on every possession. He just doesn't understand when not to foul and when to back off. Most of the time, he would put unnecessary pressure on the other point guard, resulting in quick fouls in the backcourt.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#26 » by jerrod » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:43 pm

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:The Philly fans seem to think Ivey is a good defender.

imagine that, fans of the team that just signed a player think that player is gonna be good and the signing was a great move
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#27 » by fam3381 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:55 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Royal Ivey will most likely kick our ass in a game next year.....and probably look better there than he did here is my guess.

Possibly, but he still won't be even an average player over the course of a full season.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#28 » by The Guilty Party » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:00 pm

jerrod wrote:
ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:The Philly fans seem to think Ivey is a good defender.

imagine that, fans of the team that just signed a player think that player is gonna be good and the signing was a great move

Wait... I don't know if anyone thinks signing Royal Ivey is a great move in Philly. As others have said in THIS thread, he'll be the 11th man here (his guarantee) and he'll waive a towel for 30 seconds straight while players like Andre Miller, Lou Williams, and Andre Iguodala handle all of the minutes at the 1 & 2.

Actually... I've changed my mind. The 1-2 punch of Elton Brand and Royal Ivey should be enough to get us past the Celtics this year.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#29 » by old skool » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:20 pm

Ivey is not a loss to the Bucks' roster. He is very replaceable. He is a competent third PG. He is good enough to find a spot on an NBA roster.

Ivey started 20 games for the Bucks last year. When Royal Ivey starts 25% of your games, you are not going to have a great season.

The same could be said for a lot of 3rd string PGs.

oLd sKool
jerrod
RealGM

Post#30 » by jerrod » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:26 pm

The Guilty Party wrote: [Wait... I don't know if anyone thinks signing Royal Ivey is a great move in Philly. As others have said in THIS thread, he'll be the 11th man here (his guarantee) and he'll waive a towel for 30 seconds straight while players like Andre Miller, Lou Williams, and Andre Iguodala handle all of the minutes at the 1 & 2.

Actually... I've changed my mind. The 1-2 punch of Elton Brand and Royal Ivey should be enough to get us past the Celtics this year.

i was directing that more towards the people who were really really happy with our tyronn lue signing

Return to Milwaukee Bucks