ImageImage

Bogut interview- Alpha magazine

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jimmy_n13
Junior
And1: 15

Bogut interview- Alpha magazine 

Post#1 » by jimmy_n13 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:44 am

Was perusing Alpha magazine's (an Australian magazine) August issue earlier today and saw an interview with Bogut. I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to do this but I'm going to retype some of the questions relevant to the Bucks (quicker than scanning). Sorry if its already been posted or is boring.

Speaking of the US, how would you assess your third season in the NBA?
From a team perspective, it was very disappointing to have another losing season. To miss out on the play-offs again was tough to swallow. It might have given me more time off, but that doesn't mean a thing. Personally, I did a better job than the year before, but I still have a long way to go. I can become a much better player.

Over the past season, you imporved your averages in all your important stats. What did you do differently?
I just felt more comfortable in the NBA: The travelling the games and the lifestyle. I've acclimatised to it all so I can play my real game. I'm no longer in awe of all the stars, because I know I belong there. I'm not a superstar yet; I still have a way to go to establish myself, but who wants star status if your team isn't in the play-offs?

Do you feel uncomfortable about earning so much money?
I definitely feel that way. The problem is people only want to talk about how much money you're earning. They can go on the internet and see exactly how much you make, which is frustrating. But there's more to me than just money, and there are more important things in life. Yes, it does make me feel uncomfortable to make so much money when other people are working in factories, 14 hours a day, for the minimum wage.

What will this contract mean to you?
It'll mean more problems and more stresses, mate. A lot of people you don't really know come at you for the wrong reasons. And family members who you've never heard of come out of the woodwork. Hopefully, I can use it to provide for my family and, in the future, it'll mean my grandchildren should all have decent lives.
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Re: Bogut interview- Alpha magazine 

Post#2 » by upnorthfan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Thanks. Bogut is such a good guy.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#3 » by REDDzone » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks for posting. It seems like Bogut really, really wants to win. Hopefully he gets his wish sooner rather than later.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#4 » by smauss » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:46 pm

Thanks for the post! Bogut's attitude is definitely refreshing!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator

Return to Milwaukee Bucks