Woelfel on 1250...8/11

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Re: Woelfel on 1250...8/11 

Post#41 » by trwi7 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:51 am

fam3381 wrote:
cam2win wrote:Maybe we can trade Mo for Twirl, he seems like a funny guy and makes me laugh so I'm sure he'd be a good "chemistry" guy. Hey addition by subtraction right.........what a joke.

Twirl needs to be making at least $6.6024 million to make the deal work under the cap. Expiring, preferably :)

I'll reluctantly sign it although I'd prefer to be making the most amount of money possible for it to still work under the CBA. Especially if I'm only signing a one year deal.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#42 » by Fort Minor » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:00 am

xTitan wrote:The last thing I remember is that if the Bucks didn't take Alexander they would have taken Augustin..........if someone heard more please fill in the blanks.

In that case, I'm very glad we have Joe Alexander.
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#43 » by fam3381 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:00 am

trwi7 wrote:I'll reluctantly sign it although I'd prefer to be making the most amount of money possible for it to still work under the CBA. Especially if I'm only signing a one year deal.

You can make up to $10.541 million and still be traded straight up for Mo and his $8.353 million salary...but that would put us over the luxury tax threshold.

Still, I'd say you're worth every penny, Twirl :)
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#44 » by Nowak008 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:03 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I have no desire to get into one of those tireless and extremely fruitless arguments with Mo Nation over how great or not great he is..

We accept your surrender. Mo Nation wins another battle in the name of life, liberty, and the pursuit of reasonable arguments. :usa:
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
fam3381
General Manager

Post#45 » by fam3381 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:07 am

Nowak, I can't be the first person to have asked you this: have you considered legally changing your last name to Mowak?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#46 » by trwi7 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:11 am

Nowak008 wrote:
carmelbrownqueen wrote:I have no desire to get into one of those tireless and extremely fruitless arguments with Mo Nation over how great or not great he is..

We accept your surrender. Mo Nation member, twirl wins another battle in the name of life, liberty, and the pursuit of reasonable arguments. :usa:

Fixed. I am the one who made pretty much the entire argument. :wink:

fam, that's hilarious. Maybe I should change my name to Motwirl. It'd be like a mo-hawk except Motwirl means the waxing of ones shoulder hair.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#47 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:12 am

Nowak008 wrote:

We accept your surrender. Mo Nation wins another battle in the name of life, liberty, and the pursuit of reasonable arguments. :usa:
I am not surrendering just praying that this trade hurries up and goes though.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#48 » by Nowak008 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:16 am

fam3381 wrote:Nowak, I can't be the first person to have asked you this: have you considered legally changing your last name to Mowak?

Come on Frank, thats ridiculous. Now a tattoo, that would sweet!!!
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#49 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:25 am

I suggest Mo Nation matching shirts with Mo's actual teen wolf like hair glued to the letters of his name... I'm sure they have bags and bags and bags of his hair sitting somewhere waiting for a special pick up just from that one wax job he had.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
fam3381
General Manager

Post#50 » by fam3381 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:30 am

If Mo does stick through camp we'll need to print up some shirts...Teen Wolf, Mo Nation, Mogut, MoJoe, Mo Williams show...the t-shirt possibilities are endless.
icat2000
RealGM

Post#51 » by icat2000 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:30 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:

just praying that this trade hurries up and goes though.

+1
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#52 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:43 am

icat2000 wrote:Thought only Mo and Bell asked to be traded?

Bobby Simmons, Charlie Villanueva, and Jake Voskuhl as well.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#53 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:45 am

Was Gadzuric in Vegas to gamble or was he trying out for our summer league team?
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#54 » by bango_the_buck » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:50 am

The sad part is that if a trade goes down, all the 'Mo-Haters' will be on here proclaiming that their criticisms were justified, since we're going to be a much better team regardless - in the same way that it's Mo's fault that we sucked last year (never mind that we had a rookie coach and starting PF who didn't know what they were doing, rotation players that were unhappy and out of shape, etc). It's amazing to me the tunnel vision some fans have with regard to their favorite and/or least favorite players...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#55 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:52 am

I've been loyal to Redd for so long. I loved his game before the big contract, especially when he was playing with other good players. He didn't force any shots because he didn't have to, and he was ridiculously efficient. He was also a very good rebounder and a better defender than many of his more well-compensated teammates (Big Dog, Allen, Thomas, Cassell).

But since he started playing more minutes and has had to be the man, he hasn't been nearly as much fun to watch. He doesn't even make a token effort to rebound or defend, and he does less to get his teammates involved than almost any other max contract player except Z-Bo. His weaknesses have been brought to the forefront, and they are fatal flaws for a franchise player. It's time for me to let go of the image of Redd I've held for years and realize that the player he is now is not the player I thought he was.

That said, I am officially applying to join Mo Nation because I think they should keep Mo and trade Redd. Here are some very good reasons that are hard to refute:

-Mo has given us every reason to believe he can be just as good as Redd if given the opportunity to be the #1 option. In fact his career trajectory is uncannily similar to Redd's.

-Mo can play his natural position of sg on offense if the Bucks acquire a pg with enough size to guard sg's on defense, and say what you want about Mo's passing but he would be a much better passing sg than Redd has ever been.

-Mo is 25, Redd is 29.

-Mo makes half what Redd makes.

-Redd has started to have knee problems almost every year, and he has more wear and tear than most 29 year old guards because he once played a full season at 20% body fat. 20%!

-I repeat: Michael Redd, the Bucks' max contract franchise player, once thought so much of his teammates, coaches, gm, owner, and fans that he elected to come into training camp at an atrocious 20% body fat and stayed that way the entire year. I don't see Mo doing that. In fact, I can hardly think of any guards who have done that ever in the history of the NBA. Khalid El-Amin maybe, but he was of little consequence.

-It's possible that the Bucks could get more for Redd than they could get for Mo, altough I don't know why that would be the case.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,033

Post#56 » by midranger » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:54 am

bango_the_buck wrote:The sad part is that if a trade goes down, all the 'Mo-Haters' will be on here proclaiming that their criticisms were justified, since we're going to be a much better team regardless - in the same way that it's Mo's fault that we sucked last year (never mind that we had a rookie coach and starting PF who didn't know what they were doing, rotation players that were unhappy and out of shape, etc). It's amazing to me the tunnel vision some fans have with regard to their favorite and/or least favorite players...

Agreed. We'll be better next year no matter what. With or without Mo.

Hell, take Redd away for nothing, and I bet the team wins more than 26 games.

Welcome aboard CHL.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#57 » by Nowak008 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:59 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I suggest Mo Nation matching shirts with Mo's actual teen wolf like hair glued to the letters of his name... I'm sure they have bags and bags and bags of his hair sitting somewhere waiting for a special pick up just from that one wax job he had.

Personal attacks will not phase Mo Nation. We are a strong industrious people with a doctor, business student, rapper, computer guy, and a message board master (and whatever carwin does) that make up our people. Not too many nations can boast such a claim. You will have to do better then that to beat us.

EDIT: and whatever CHL does for a living!
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,308

Post#58 » by rilamann » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:03 am

midranger wrote:What's a 5 five?

I have no idea what a ''5 five'' is lmao.

In my haste to get set up for the Packer game when I made that post I made a typo.

Meant to say ''high 5''.

I give you a high 5 DB for pointing out my typo,I obviously didnt notice I wrote that,kinda funny haha.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
smalls
Junior
And1: 0

Post#59 » by smalls » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:03 am

bango_the_buck wrote:The sad part is It's amazing to me the tunnel vision some fans have with regard to their favorite and/or least favorite players...

+1
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#60 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:03 am

Nowak008 wrote:
carmelbrownqueen wrote:I suggest Mo Nation matching shirts with Mo's actual teen wolf like hair glued to the letters of his name... I'm sure they have bags and bags and bags of his hair sitting somewhere waiting for a special pick up just from that one wax job he had.

Personal attacks will not phase Mo Nation. We are a strong industrious people with a doctor, business student, rapper, computer guy, and a message board master that make up our people. Not too many nations can boast such a claim. You will have to do better then that to beat us.
That is not a personal attack.. it was a suggestion to help identify Mo Fan-addicts every where! I was offering support. :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks