ImageImage

ot: anyone have any thoughts on the "bigfoot" finding?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ruben Douglas
Veteran
And1: 25

Re: ot: anyone have any thoughts on the "bigfoot" finding? 

Post#21 » by Ruben Douglas » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:44 am

If Big Foot was real don't you think that some random hikers would have found the body? I find it convenient that actual "Big Foot" trackers have found the body of a Big Foot. It's just a bunch of losers trying to justify their life of looking for something that doesn't exist. Harry and the Henderson's is not nearly as good of a movie if this is true.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#22 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:45 am

MajorDad wrote:that's not big foot.

that's Bamm Bamm Bigelow! That's the way he looked at his funeral. I was there.

Why would big Foot be in Georgia? to watch the dog fights? perhaps he was after mike vick. or on his vacation to Disney World?

Were you really? Bambam was by far my favorite wrestler of all time. The beast from the east. HIs feuds with Doink the Clown were the stuff of legend.

If you're not messing around, do you mind sharing why you were at his funeral?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#23 » by LUKE23 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:46 am

lawrybeard wrote:Geez, Mark Eaton really let himself go..

Gold Jerry, Gold...
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#24 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:49 am

MajorDad wrote:Why would big Foot be in Georgia? to watch the dog fights?

I believe he had an affinity for alligator meat.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by MajorDad » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:51 am

all of this on the same day as the passing of the world's tallest woman. RIP.

and the woman's swimming relay team losing their event for the first time in Olympic history.

and now thre is proof that several Chinese Gymnast's age certificates were forged and she's not 15 afterall. We knew well in advance their ages were forged, but waited until they won the event before revealing the truth. and our own gymnist admits she had a broken ankle, but still went forward to compete. (Sounds like a typical US excuse for losing). her grittiness cost the US the gold. but we'll get it anyway by claiming the Chinese cheated.

and you people scoffed at my ping pong ball speculation.

it's almost too much for me to take in one day.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#26 » by MajorDad » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:56 am

Bamm Bamm was my cousin on my father's side.

it's sad how the great ones always die too early in life.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#27 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:05 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
jerrod wrote: i know, fox news ugh, but it sums it up

I don't want to derail your thread, but it seems like you make the above statement assuming some kind of consensus (at least among people here) that people have a poor opinion of Fox News. I don't know what the split would be here, but in any given situation you should be prepared that roughly 50% or more would not agree with such an opinion and as such it would be distracting from whatever else you are trying to say. The same would apply to a comment made about MSNBC or CNN.

But the same would not apply to News Hour with Jim Lehrer, because that show is the best.

:bowdown:
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#28 » by jerrod » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:17 pm

Simulack wrote:
Anyone remember a few months ago when some guy thought a peeping tom was watching his daughter and installed a video camera aimed out the window (excellent parenting!) ? They had some press conference in Colorado because he supposedly caught an alien on tape. The press conference was billed beforehand as something that was going to be earth-shattering, conclusive proof for the existence of extra-terrestrials. Of course nothing materialized out of it.

i never heard anything about that. but like i said before, the only reason this one sticks out is that they claim to be so willing to have it verified. so we'll see.

pp, i see your point, but if the unlikely event that people looking for bigfoot found a body, they'd know the money making potential. obviously it didn't say where it was found, but if it's real it probably wasn't laying acrossed some hiking trail somewhere
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,029

Post#29 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Not that I believe it, but it says a cop and his friend found it then got the bigfoot hunter to look at it.
So its not like the hunter did get it
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,464

Post#30 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Well crap. I was thinking of becoming a Bigfoot tracker and now there is no need.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#31 » by Mags FTW » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:53 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Well crap. I was thinking of becoming a Bigfoot tracker and now there is no need.

Based on all of those hours spent at Art's, I already thought you were a bigfoot tracker.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,464

Post#32 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:55 pm

You are confusing foot with butt
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#33 » by MajorDad » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:55 pm

there is always a need for big foot trackers Mickey. but like web graphic designers, it's a field that has become saturated in the past 5 years. part of the problem is location. to get the good paying big foot tracker jobs, you must be willing to relocate. As i speak there are several job listings unfilled in tahaiti and the Cayman islands. Starting pay for a big foot tracker with minimal sightings is $36,000 with $4,000 incentives for each subsequential big foot sighting. A phelps sighting doesn't count. neither do Bob Lanier or Will Purdue big foot sightings.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#34 » by MajorDad » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:58 pm

I've heard Dave meyers sightings are rarer than big foot sightings. perhaps he became a big foot tracker.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#35 » by jerrod » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:00 pm

i know you're kidding, but if this is real, that could become a lucrative thing.

you could be the first person ever to be eaten by a bigfoot. you'd go down in history
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#36 » by MajorDad » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:22 pm

I seriously believe that big foot exists. people talk about where are his bones. that's a good question. Every year deer and elk and moose lose their antlers. they deteriorte and decay within 1-2 months. one would think with all the boy scout hikes i've taken in the woods, i would have found an antler by now. but I haven't. We all know skunks , coons and possums die. But with all the hiking i've done, i've never found any of their bones either. Big foot could have died and mother nature took care of his remains.

for all the doubters of big foot , I would offer factual evidence that new animal species are identified each year. I believe big foot may be or may have been a freak of nature. he may still exist, or may now be extinct. it's factual that dogs have sex with other breeds of dogs . Mules are a combination of two different species. perhaps Big foot is also one of those genetic combinations. What would that bullets center named murecevz (SP) look like if he was lost in the woods for 30 years?

Could big foot be a genetic combo of man and gorilla? or gorilla and bear or man and bear? we think these things could never happen. but when you're out there all by yourself, you get lonely. the general public never believed the rumors of the sexual happenings of male prisons until the truth came out.

we all have inside sources on something. i have inside sources on UFOs. The majority of UFOs that were sighted were real and did exist. the reality was that most of these UFOs were actually US Air force test projects that just looked unlike the typical aircraft people were used to seeing. the US Air force did have a round plane. they also had one that was actually a flying disc. the SR -71 looks like an alien spacecraft from a distance. the stealth fighter was flying for more than 10 years before the US admitted it existed and it looks really cool when it flys at night. . NASA and the Air force experimented with many different types of aircraft and luner landing vehicles which occassionally were seen and photographed. the photos people see were real. it's just the spacecraft was US made, not by aliens.

I truly believe bigfoot exists. although, I don't believe he died in some freezer. I also believe there are many things that are real that can't be explained. the older i get, the more i know. the more I know, the more i realize there is so much i don't know.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#37 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:08 pm

Huge shout out to the guy that brought up "Monster Quest" a few pages back. I love that show, it makes me laugh so hard, for so many reasons. But I have never come accross anyone else who has ever actually watched the show. Here are my thoughts on "Monster Quest"..

- they frame every episode around the premise that they are using leading expertise and technology with the high probability that they will uncover new evidence... but they have never actually snapped a single picture or gathered a single hair that proved reputable
- the "eyewitnesses" are always about one step up from a carnival worker on the "white trash ladder". The guy from Danville Illinois who claims to have been picked up by a teradactl when he was 8 is my favorite guy in the world.
- after 1/2 way through season one, they ran out of monsters anyone had heard of... so they started inventing things and pretending like these were longstanding americana legends (a wolf dog in Maine? a swamp ape in the bayou? a wherewolf in Minnesota?)...
- every once in a while they actually interview a reputable scientist, and they are so agitated to even entertain the questions asked, that I kind of giggle
- then they always find these quasi-scientists who fuel the theories... and they show them in their "labs" which are basically like a basement with a microscope and some newspaper clippings of alien abductions on the wall and some bigfoot bobbleheads...
- my favorite episode is the second bigfoot one, when they decided that bigfoot had not been found becuase he distrusted men, so they sent an all female expidition... and they check the "camera tracks" and get a bunch of pictures of cars... nice work ladies.

Nevertheless... it is an entertaining show, and from time to time they do show clips and footage that make you wonder.... (like the grainy film an indian in a canoe took in an Illinois swamp in the 70's of a "thunderbird"... I swear the bird is at least 14 feet long.)
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#38 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:10 pm

And there is also a bush pilot from Alaska that has video of a bird as big as his plane (a cesna). That stuff is cool...

But 99% of it is hoaxy and humerous.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#39 » by jerrod » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:41 pm

i watch it religiously but i agree completely. the only thing they ever "found" i think was some footage they got in the giant squid episode from the first season.

the 2 best imo were the flying things that kept popping up in random videos, they checked out all of these possibilities and i was really wondering what they were by the end....when they came to the conclusion that they were artifiacts from the cameras. i was talking to another realgm poster on aim at the time and he was into it too, but i won't say who.

and the beginning of i thnk the first ever bigfoot episode had that 911 call where a guy sees or claims he sees a guy walking around outside his house, then kinda freaks out and says the guy must be 7 feet tall and tells th police they need to hurry. could easily be fake, but it's dramatic as hell.

you're definitely right about making up monsters, they've had like 12 different bigfoot variations.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#40 » by MajorDad » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:37 pm

there was supposed to be a press conference today in palo Alto. Anybody attend or hear the results? Supposedly, they were going to show pictures and DNA evidence proof tha the latest finding is a big foot.

i have to wonder about the DNA evidence. if this is the first Big foot found, how can you compare its DNA to anything? it's a big foot because we can't compare its DNA t o anything else? is that the reasoning they will use?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks