ImageImage

Brandon Roy's knee surgery - ouch

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Brandon Roy's knee surgery - ouch 

Post#1 » by Debit One » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:17 pm

It cannot be pleasing to Portland or their fans to see that Brandon Roy is undergoing knee surgery. Added to his chronic heel difficulties, you have to wonder if they are going to be able to keep the guy healthy. It's sad, because he's a terrific talent.

It makes our griping about the return on Mo Williams seem small by comparison.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,268

Re: Brandon Roy's knee surgery - ouch 

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:38 pm

Even if Roy dropped dead tomorrow, I'd still trade our roster for theirs, and it would take me about .00000000000000000000001 seconds to make that decision.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#3 » by jerrod » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:47 pm

Debit One wrote:It makes our griping about the return on Mo Williams seem small by comparison.

i guess i'm missing the connection between a player getting hurt and a gm getting a lot less talent back in a deal
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#4 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:15 am

Debit One wrote:you have to wonder if they are going to be able to keep the guy healthy. It's sad, because he's a terrific talent.

Well, that was what caused Roy to slip in the draft in the first place. If not for concerns about him being able to stay healthy, most believe he would have been the #1 overall pick, or at the very least the 2nd pick.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#5 » by tedbrogen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:34 am

That's the thing with their team, they are incredibly young and talented, have an owner who is using his financial advantage to screw other teams out of quality players (they buy late 1st rounders like its going out of style and stash them in Europe), and everyone is assuming they will win multiple championships in the future.

However, their 2 best players both have knee problems that could derail the entire thing before it gets started.

All that said, I expect some epic OKC-Portland playoff matchups starting in about 3 years. Throw in New Orleans, and that is the top three of the Western Conference starting in about 2011 (although NO is really already one of the top 3 arguably).
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,155

Post#6 » by midranger » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:02 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
Debit One wrote:you have to wonder if they are going to be able to keep the guy healthy. It's sad, because he's a terrific talent.

Well, that was what caused Roy to slip in the draft in the first place. If not for concerns about him being able to stay healthy, most believe he would have been the #1 overall pick, or at the very least the 2nd pick.

Colangelo.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#7 » by Debit One » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:15 pm

tedbrogen wrote:I expect some epic OKC-Portland playoff matchups starting in about 3 years. Throw in New Orleans, and that is the top three of the Western Conference starting in about 2011 (although NO is really already one of the top 3 arguably).

Portland - I can see that.
New Orleans - Yes
OKC - ???????
a_sensei
Analyst
And1: 658

Post#8 » by a_sensei » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Roy is fine. They just did a quick scope of his knee and took out a bit of cartilage. He should be on the court when we open in LA on October 29th.

Btw, good luck with the season. I think Ridnour may end up being an okay point guard for you guys if Skiles gives him the reigns. He played really well during his last two years with Nate in Seattle... and helped Allen and Lewis have their best years and the Sonics win around 50 games.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#9 » by tedbrogen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:21 pm

I put OKC in that group because they have a nice young core to build around Westbrook, Durant, Green; a ton of draft picks coming, a tremendous cap situation, and their owner will probably go back to trying to win now that he has gotten them out of Seattle.

But its all dependent on Durant reaching his potential.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#10 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:19 am

Debit One wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:I expect some epic OKC-Portland playoff matchups starting in about 3 years. Throw in New Orleans, and that is the top three of the Western Conference starting in about 2011 (although NO is really already one of the top 3 arguably).

Portland - I can see that.
New Orleans - Yes
OKC - ???????

My thoughts exactly.
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#11 » by JoeHova » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:42 am

Jeff Green was terrible last season, he was the Adam Morrison of his draft class. He played a lot, yes, but he played very poorly. I think it's hard to count on him as a huge part of the future landscape of the NBA. He could improve, but he would have to improve quite a bit to even become an average player.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks