ImageImage

Sonics with Luke and Luke with Sonics

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Re: Sonics with Luke and Luke with Sonics 

Post#21 » by msiris » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:19 am

Funny I am white. I wanted Mo gone, but I wanted Sessions to start. I have seen Luke play and consider him boring.
Ride the tank
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#22 » by unklchuk » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:13 am

With Mo mentioned above, I thought I'd slip in this quote by Mo from the J-S article on Gilbert welcoming him to Cleveland. I suppose it's another sign that Mo and the Bucks wasn't working for either side.

"Williams was asked about his defense and how he would fit into coach Mike Brown's plan.

"Defense comes with a lot of different things," Williams said. "You've got to want to do it; you've got to have the mentality to do it. I've got away from that the last few years, for whatever reason. We can go on and on for the reasons."

Sounds like he may well take the new situation seriously, and if so he'll be a good player for them.
AFAIK, IDKM
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Post#23 » by Sigra » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:28 am

paulpressey25 wrote:You and I both like this trade....but we also wanted Blake to start as well at PG two years ago... :)

I know :D Big diference now though. Blake had Mo there and it was clear that coach like Stotts would not start Blake over Mo. Blake also came to bad organization that promoted selfish basketball. Therefore he was not happy to came here in first place. Luke is coming in diferent organisation. This franchise now care about team basketball. It is honor to play for coach Skiles and Luke love this trade. GM already said that Luke is starter. Blake didn't have SF. 100% diferent situation. Put Blake in this situation and he would look grea as well. I have no doubt about that.

paulpressey25 wrote:I attribute the Sonics 50 win season more to Ray Allen playing his ass off for a new contract than I do anything Seattle did or didn't do that year.

It was not just Ray PP. Lewis also improved with Luke at PG. And not just one season but all 3 season that Luke was starting PG. Hammond rightly recognized that and reacted. All doubts that I had about Hammond are gone now. Now I see that guy knows his basketball. I am even ready to be more patient with Alexander now. That's how great this trade is. Briliant move.
Sigra
RealGM

Post#24 » by Sigra » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:34 am

raferfenix wrote:The parallels between that Soncis team (which took the spurs to 6 games in the first round of the playoffs) and our team are quite apparent.

They played 11 playoff games that year. I think they beated Kings in first round and then lost from Spurs in 2nd round. Or something like that
Sigra
RealGM

Post#25 » by Sigra » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:49 am

cam2win wrote:Can you imagine how good Luke could have been for us the last 3 years. I mean how could a passing PG not be successful giving it to dominant wing players like Mason, Patterson and Simmons, and then you add to that the great inside theats the likes of Skinner, Ruffin and Gadzuric.

Shame on Mo for not deferring to this revolving door of rejects.

My intention isn't to hijack this thread but to point out our lack of help around Mo and the role he was asked to play. Ridnour would have sucked with our crap coaches the same as Mo did.

I think both you and midranger missed a boat here. I did make excuses for bad record in his 2nd and 3rd season as starter. BUT only in regard to that 50 win season. I made excuses why he didn't have 2 more 50 win seasons. Mo NEVER had 50 win season so we don't know is he capable to do that at all. That is big diference. You can't say "Mo would also win 50 games if that and that hapened" because he never did. You can say "Luke would win 50 games if that and that hapened" because he did in past.

The point of this thread is to show that Luke didn't have only one good season. He made good influence on his wings in all 3 seasons as starter. When they were healthy and with coach and with any frontcout they won 50 games. We know that. Could Mo do the same thing? Maybe he could and maybe he couldn't. We don't know that and can only guess. Considering how Luke did that (passing and runing offense for SG and SF) and considering that Mo always shot if he can and pass only if he can't shot then I guess he couldn't.
Sigra
RealGM

Post#26 » by Sigra » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:58 am

msiris wrote:This thread is pointless. Like Luke made Allen and Lewis better. Give me a break.

He did and their stats show that. They had best seasons with him at PG. You may not understand that but he really did. He made sure that he always know where those 2 are. He was playing for them. His job was to play PG for team that score from SG and SF and he did great job. His stats will hardly show that but their stats show it just fine.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,455

Post#27 » by steger_3434 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:08 pm

The way that Sigra is hyping up Ridnour has me hating this trade even more. Wasn't it just a couple years ago that Sigra was hyping up another white, no talent, scrappy, bad defense PG as a great starting PG for us?
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#28 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:14 pm

steger_3434 wrote:The way that Sigra is hyping up Ridnour has me hating this trade even more. Wasn't it just a couple years ago that Sigra was hyping up another white, no talent, scrappy, bad defense PG as a great starting PG for us?

Sure...but interestingly enough, once Blake left he found success in Denver and then actually had a mini bidding war occur that summer for his services between a number of teams. The entire NBA seemed to acknowledge that whatever took place in Milwaukee for those two months was a mulligan that was the Bucks fault and not Blake's.

Plus I think this team can be more successful than the 2006-07 team with a pass first guy because now we've got Jefferson to pass to and also have a reasonably improved Bogut on offense. (and a healthy CV that wasn't around for the 06-07 season)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#29 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:21 pm

xTitan wrote:
msiris wrote:This thread is pointless. Like Luke made Allen and Lewis better. Give me a break. If it was Nash than Allen would have done 40 a game and Lewis 30 a game. Session can do the same thing. Luke is Blake all over again.

Hey the racist a-hole is back

What? I don't understand this at all. Because he likes Sessions better than Ridnour?

Sessions is the better player, so why wouldn't he?

Maybe you're making a statement about yourself?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#30 » by LUKE23 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:25 pm

Ridnour is better than Blake, but the comparison is a valid one. One thing people are failing to mention is that Ridnour is as poor of a defender as Mo Williams is, but without the scoring threat. The biggest argument I've seen for Ridnour is that he "gets the ball to players in spots where they can maximize scoring ability". We shall see. He has to do that because he really brings nothing else to the floor (shooting, defense).
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#31 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:31 pm

LUKE23 wrote:He has to do that because he really brings nothing else to the floor (shooting, defense).

Can't we really say the same thing about Joe Alexander's hustle and work ethic?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Sigra
RealGM

Post#32 » by Sigra » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:32 pm

steger_3434 wrote:The way that Sigra is hyping up Ridnour has me hating this trade even more. Wasn't it just a couple years ago that Sigra was hyping up another white, no talent, scrappy, bad defense PG as a great starting PG for us?

When we traded for Blake I said that if he start for us he will be perfect fit but if he doesn't start for us he will sucks. Was I wrong?

Same with Ridnour. Just like Blake, Ridnour is not bench player. He is born to be role playing PG who works for his teamates. Brain of team.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#33 » by LUKE23 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:35 pm

What does Alexander have to do with the PG discussion?

I'm discussing Ridnour's apparent value to this roster. To me, the only thing I can find is getting teammates the ball in better positions to score. He's never had high assist totals though, so it's kind of an arbitrary thing to say about the kid.

I'll be watching Redd, Villanueva, and Bogut's shooting percentages very closely this year. If all three of those guys scoring efficiency does not increase, then Ridnour is not doing his job and he's worthless to have on the floor.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#34 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:35 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:He has to do that because he really brings nothing else to the floor (shooting, defense).

Don't you mean Potsie?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#35 » by WRau1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:53 pm

#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#36 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:58 pm

At least we got a smart player. Oh wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soVJ3lZZsH0
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#37 » by steger_3434 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:00 pm

trwi7 wrote:At least we got a smart player. Oh wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soVJ3lZZsH0

HAHAHAHA......My god what an idiot.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#38 » by steger_3434 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:01 pm

Great defensive player as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACsUxnjgssI
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#39 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:06 pm

I guess Luke is a pretty big Christian, I now know why the Reverend targeted him. 'Good man, good faith'.

As long as we're posting videos, I hope nobody missed this one when it got lost in the trade thread. It's Luke getting stuck in a peculiar place. 12 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLy5geo4hgs
Go Bucks!
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#40 » by upnorthfan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:06 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:You and I both like this trade....but we also wanted Blake to start as well at PG two years ago... :)

:wave:
So did I

Me too.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks