Steve Blake errrr Luke Ridnour on WSSP in 45 minutes

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Re: Steve Blake errrr Luke Ridnour on WSSP in 45 minutes 

Post#21 » by europa » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:55 pm

DrugBust wrote:
europa wrote:I don't know anybody here who is expecting him to be an offensive threat. The hope is that he'll run the offense intelligently, won't look to dominate the ball and play selfishly, will get people involved and allow the offense to function in a team-oriented approach. Nobody is expecting him to go out and score 15-20 points a game and it's pretty obvious Hammond and Skiles don't want their starting PG to be a guy who goes out looking to score a lot.

I have zero expectations for Ridnour defensively although I do think he could be a little better than Mo given how awful Mo is defensively. But overall, I'm not expecting him to help the team much on that end of the court.

That's going to be a problem when the defense fails to respect any part of his game.

It wasn't a problem for the Sonics in 2004 when Ridnour was their starting PG.
Nothing will not break me.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#22 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:56 pm

I'll judge them on wins......this has to be a 41-win team minimum next year.

I've still also got my money on Ridnour being the back-up to Magic. Lue will ride the pine much of the year IMHO save for being a speed spike on occasion when needed.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#23 » by xTitan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:58 pm

I am happy that there are more than 2 people who actually like to pass the ball....I am not kidding, the selfishness of the previous teams led myself and alot of people I know to really sour on NBA basketball.....nothing worse than selfish basketball...its ugly.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#24 » by europa » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:01 pm

xTitan wrote:I am happy that there are more than 2 people who actually like to pass the ball....I am not kidding, the selfishness of the previous teams led myself and alot of people I know to really sour on NBA basketball.....nothing worse than selfish basketball...its ugly.

Agreed. I don't know how good this team will be but I'm happy that the selfishness of the past two seasons looks to be a thing of the past. That alone makes next season something to look forward to.
Nothing will not break me.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,287

Post#25 » by rilamann » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:13 pm

Great post Titan.

The Bucks didnt aquire Ridenour to be an ''offensive threat'' they aquired him to get the ball to Redd/RJ/Bogut and improve the production and effcientcy of those guys and the rest of the team.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#26 » by BDUB_30 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Boy im excited ... i honestly think collectivly we are all selling Ridnour short ...im easily impressed though given what weve seen here on this club ... To echo what Titan was saying , ive become a bit turned off to nba basketball due to the selfishness weve seen on this club, its year in - year out ...we dont even get beat , we beat ourselfs ... Hammond now has clearly communicated what kind of pg MO was / is ... i personaly didnt see it , i wrote mo's shenanigans off as a team problem ...but ill trust a man of hammond's expirence before ill trust my own ....

a very ...almost shocking statement hammond made during this interview ..

" I think lebron will get MO the ball in the right positions at the right time " .. :lol: that IMO speaks VOLUMES ! >>>

that is all we need to know about how hammond felt about mos ability to run the pg ...I can say that i didnt see it , i didnt see much of an offense here in milwaukee under stotts or krysko and i viewed mo as more a victim to circumstance.. I guess i was wrong about that one ...

Call me crazy but i think hammond and skiles feel not only did they improve the pg position , but they also improved our finacial situation ....amazing move .... heres to watching 5 man basketball again in milwaukee .... lets just prayyy redd gets on board , cause if he does .. we will be a good team ..
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#27 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Anybody can defer to a better player. Damon Jones could have done that. I thought the Sonics would have to give up something of value to get some team to take Ridnour, but not only do they not give anything else - they get two nice role players with expiring contracts to boot.

I didn't like Mo but the Bucks would have been better off trading Redd at this rate...
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#28 » by xTitan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:29 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Anybody can defer to a better player. Damon Jones could have done that. I thought the Sonics would have to give up something of value to get some team to take Ridnour, but not only do they not give anything else - they get two nice role players with expiring contracts to boot.

I didn't like Mo but the Bucks would have been better off trading Redd at this rate...

The problem is that I don't believe Redd had anymore value than Mo then you still do not have anyone to run your offense unless you acquired a PG, then you have a small backcourt.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#29 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:54 pm

xTitan wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:Anybody can defer to a better player. Damon Jones could have done that. I thought the Sonics would have to give up something of value to get some team to take Ridnour, but not only do they not give anything else - they get two nice role players with expiring contracts to boot.

The problem is that I don't believe Redd had anymore value than Mo then you still do not have anyone to run your offense unless you acquired a PG, then you have a small backcourt.

I bet Redd could have fetched a lottery pick, especially Eric Gordon of the Clippers, and it would have been nice to get rid of his contract. Mo brings most of the same things to the table, except he doesn't sacrifice his body to get to the rim - although Redd has only done that in one of his seasons anyway.

My vision would have been starting Mo and Sessions with Ramon, at a tall 6'3", guarding sg's. Then bring Bell off the bench. But I have no idea what Redd would have been worth so I guess I shouldn't make assumptions.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#30 » by old skool » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:42 pm

I don't see any way that the Clippers would give up a lottery pick for a max contract like Redd's.

I was surprised that they signed Davis - something that the Clips seldom do.

If they aren't willing to give Elton Brand a boatful of money, why would they pay big dollars to Redd?

oLd sKool

Return to Milwaukee Bucks