ImageImage

Milwaukee Bucks - Evaluation Sheet

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Re: Milwaukee Bucks - Evaluation Sheet 

Post#221 » by midranger » Mon Sep 1, 2008 3:52 am

I'll certainly let things play out. I hope to God the Bucks are a great team next year.
It's just that after the last 4 years, I'm skeptical of the notion that things will suddenly change for the better just because I want them to.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM

Post#222 » by midranger » Mon Sep 1, 2008 3:57 am

If people want to point to Bogut's offensive improvement late in the season, one could just as easily point to his decline in defense as the year wore on. IMO, that was one of the major factors in the record falling from bad to worse. Bogut stated the year at a DPOY type level and steadily regressed back to below average at the end when we were giving up 115 points per game.

My guess is that Skiles knows where his energy is needed.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#223 » by LUKE23 » Mon Sep 1, 2008 3:59 am

I agree mid. But to me, right now at the least the team is making a determined effort to change the style of play that has led us to garbage seasons the past how many years. Will it work? Maybe, maybe not, but they brought in a coach that is the exact opposite of what we've had, broke up the shoot-first backcourt (and yes I have my reservations about the Ridnour trade overall still), and upgraded easily our weakest starting position (SF).

This was a very hard roster to flip overnight. I know some want to rebuild completely, but IMO I don't think right now this organization would have survived the aftermath of that (team very high possibility of moving).

To me, there is a lot more to be optimistic about with this team than there has been the last few years. I know, it's not that hard, but at least it's something. At least there is some unknown to this team with a different type of core.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,067

Post#224 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Sep 1, 2008 4:42 am

Mo Nation needs to set the crowbars and wrenches down for 90-days. They'll be plenty of time to bitch at Bogut starting December 1st if he doesn't step up.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
midranger
RealGM

Post#225 » by midranger » Mon Sep 1, 2008 11:09 am

Or you could admit yourself that there is PLENTY of room for disagreement about Bogut's game and that that has nothing to do with Mo Williams.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#226 » by paul » Mon Sep 1, 2008 4:56 pm

Then one would question why it's been Mo's biggest fans who've been pretty much the only one's bitching about Bogut in this and many other threads recently.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#227 » by jerrod » Mon Sep 1, 2008 5:04 pm

paul wrote:Then one would question why it's been Mo's biggest fans who've been pretty much the only one's bitching about Bogut in this and many other threads recently.

you may not love how he plays but mo produced without many excuses almost the entire time he was here. at some point people need to just shut and produce for a season.

you guys are convinced that anyone who likes mo loves people who don't play defense, well i'm starting to wonder if you guys just love excuses
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#228 » by Max Green » Mon Sep 1, 2008 5:53 pm

It's no coincidence that the doom and gloomers around here who's spreading nonstop negativity are the same people who were chronic Mo defenders.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#229 » by paul » Mon Sep 1, 2008 6:01 pm

jerrod wrote:
paul wrote:Then one would question why it's been Mo's biggest fans who've been pretty much the only one's bitching about Bogut in this and many other threads recently.

you may not love how he plays but mo produced without many excuses almost the entire time he was here. at some point people need to just shut and produce for a season.

you guys are convinced that anyone who likes mo loves people who don't play defense, well i'm starting to wonder if you guys just love excuses

You got all that from my question? Wow. It's become very difficult to have any sort of dialogue around here lately.
midranger
RealGM

Post#230 » by midranger » Mon Sep 1, 2008 6:56 pm

The reason is, because the Bogut-Jockers have needed to find some scapegoat for Bogut's mediocre play since he got here. First it was Stotts (I was there with you), then it was the Austrailian guards, then when Stotts was gone it became Mo Williams, most recently it was Goorjian (spelling).

If you don't see Mo Williams as the root of all evil, it's much easier to see Andrew Bogut for what he is, i.e. a mediocre/good center than we used the #1 pick on.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#231 » by jerrod » Mon Sep 1, 2008 7:57 pm

paul wrote:
You got all that from my question? Wow. It's become very difficult to have any sort of dialogue around here lately.

right, the last thing you want is dialogue

all you do is try to stop any dialogue by blaming anything negative about bogut on people loving mo without even considering the validity for a second

and then you don't understand why it's all arguments :roll:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks