ImageImage

Not Enough Rod Benson

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,734

Not Enough Rod Benson 

Post#1 » by emunney » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:37 pm

We should sign Rod Benson, and we should sign him immediately. Why? Not because he has the funniest blog of any active professional player.

Because he has turned himself into a rebounding machine.

The numbers speak for themselves. Over 12 rebounds per game in under 34 minutes in the D-League. Gets to the line plenty and doesn't embarrass himself once he's there (67.5% on 5.1 attempts/game last year). 23 years old.

We need a rebounder. This guy happens to have a real personality as well. Why is he not on a roster? More importantly, why is he not on OUR roster?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Re: Not Enough Rod Benson 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Yay, it's the annual let's sign a D-Leaguer. If we do it's playoffs for sure!!!!11!!11!!!!1
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#3 » by bigkurty » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:35 pm

Yeah I don't understand why Rod can't get a look. He was perhaps the best big man in the D-League last year and he couldn't get any burn whatsoever in the summer leagues. Scouts must see something in him where even though he is good down there, they just don't think it will transfer over or something. At this point I think Rod has to quit the D League and go to Europe. He keeps thinking someone is going to give him a chance and it never happens.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#4 » by jerrod » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:38 pm

i think he was hurt during the summer league this year
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#5 » by DanoMac » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:04 pm

Isn't there a Rod Benson on TMJ4?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:08 pm

DannoMac20 wrote:Isn't there a Rod Benson on TMJ4?

There's a Rod Burks and Charles Benson.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#7 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:21 pm

Plus we'd get actual coverage of the team that the JS is too lazy to provide.
MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#8 » by MajorDad » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:49 am

when I saw that title, it thought it was about some blues or jazz singer. Rod benson just sounds like some guy who headlines at the house of Blues.
Merwin
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Merwin » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:24 pm

Benson is off to Europe to play with Euroleague team SLUC Nancy from France according to Ballin Europe.

Benson is probably better known for his own blogging than for his actual basketball career. But now, according to the once-again excellent I Love Basket Blog, he will take the big step to Europe and play in the best league on the Continent. Being a tough rebounder, Benson should be the last piece for the Nancy management to add to their inside sector. Let’s hope he gives them as much energy as he invests in his own video productions.

http://www.ballineurope.com/european-basketball/euroleague/rod-benson-signs-with-sluc-nancy/

Return to Milwaukee Bucks