ImageImage

To court S Jax?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Re: To court S Jax? 

Post#41 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Mon Sep 1, 2008 2:03 am

Probably not, but is it even possible Ellis was already hurt and hid the injury until the ink dried on the contract??? Was he working out and healthy when he signed the deal?
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#42 » by old rem » Mon Sep 1, 2008 5:42 am

midranger wrote:I ask because with Monta Ellis going down today, I think GS should be looking to tank the season early. They were going to be bad as is, but now they'll be awful.

I think Damon Jones (expiring PG) and Adrian Griffin (instant cap/tax (are they in the tax?) relief) could be appealing pieces. S Jax is the guy I'd have my eye on. My guess is that they'll jettison him ASAP.

Jones, Griffin, 2nd for Jackson

He'd give us AN option off the bench and a very good one at that. And I could definitely see alot of spots where we could go small with Jefferson, Jackson, and Redd all in the game at the same time.

Worth thinking about.

Get serious.

Jackson outscored KG, Paul Pierce,Duncan,Iggy among other name stars and he's a pretty good contract with 2 yrs left. No sane team just dumps him for a handful of useless crap that gets paid off for a year.

GSW may be willing to deal Jax but in the Bucks case, you start with Joe Alexander and fill the deal on both ends.

GSW would MUCH rather pay Jax to be a 20 pt scoring,good D starter 2 years then to have 2 turkeys for a year who either are buy outs (wasted $) or seldom seen 3rd string roster clutter-displacing prospects who might have a future.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#43 » by old rem » Mon Sep 1, 2008 5:52 am

emunney wrote:
Profound23 wrote:THere is no way GS will tank.

Mullin spent a lot of money and he has to see his investment make a quick return or he will be gone.

I agree with you in theory, but it seems like Mullin's such a golden boy in GS that he's unfireable. Look at what he's survived in the past.

Mullin's mistakes cost the ownership hard cash. He has to show he's learned from mistakes rather than is inclined to repeat them. Nellie negated most of his draft moves and Mullin's big trade for Baron is now cancelled out. Mullin could be toast with one big mistake at this point.

For Mullin to go the Tank route (before April) or give away Jackson would be in effect accepting defeat early and trying-weakly-to do some damage control. If he took that route I think his career is hanging by a thread.
CENSORED... No comment.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#44 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Sep 1, 2008 10:39 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
SJack came up hard and it shows in his game. Came through the NBDL and had a hard knock life so you know he can scrap and he has.

You don't ever question his desire though and to me that is crucial at this point. He plays with a chip and an energy and urgency with apprecative passion similar to Charlie Bell and Mo before their contract.

Huh? Stephen Jackson was in his 2nd year in the NBA when the NBDL launched, he never was with any NBDL team.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#45 » by midranger » Mon Sep 1, 2008 11:07 am

I don't know how those words got in my quote, but I never said that.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#46 » by Jez2983 » Mon Sep 1, 2008 1:18 pm

Mid - think KIAM meant to direct that comment at MBBOT and accidentally quoted you.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#47 » by trwi7 » Mon Sep 1, 2008 6:12 pm

midranger wrote:I don't know how those words got in my quote, but I never said that.

Ever since realgm switched formats and added the nested quotes instead of just the one you want to quote that's happened. He probably had too many nested quotes so he had to get rid of some of them and forgot to delete your name so MBBOT's quote showed up nested under your name. realgm = teh blow.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#48 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 1:04 am

Not sure how this would fly but:

The Warriors covet Ramon Sessions. I know you guys love him, but to do a deal like SJax we'd have to get back a young talent like Sessions.

Gadzuric is out because of the length of his deal, but Damon Jones and Griffin, plus Sessions will get the job done from the Warriors perspective. Problem for the Dubs would be roster spots. We'd not have space for all 3 so something would have to be done on our end.

Jax is a gritty winner who always has his teams back. He does things that make you scratch your head from time to time, but there's no doubt he's a gamer and skiles would love to have him. Jefferson would love to see him as well and there's something to be said for that.

So if you guys consider Sessions, I think the Warriors would have to listen seriously.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#49 » by Bernman » Tue Sep 2, 2008 1:47 am

Mylie10 wrote:Not sure how this would fly but:

The Warriors covet Ramon Sessions. I know you guys love him, but to do a deal like SJax we'd have to get back a young talent like Sessions.

Gadzuric is out because of the length of his deal, but Damon Jones and Griffin, plus Sessions will get the job done from the Warriors perspective. Problem for the Dubs would be roster spots. We'd not have space for all 3 so something would have to be done on our end.

Jax is a gritty winner who always has his teams back. He does things that make you scratch your head from time to time, but there's no doubt he's a gamer and skiles would love to have him. Jefferson would love to see him as well and there's something to be said for that.

So if you guys consider Sessions, I think the Warriors would have to listen seriously.

It's not an unreasonable offer, but acquiring a player like Stephen Jackson would be a luxury after netting Richard Jefferson already this offseason. Jackson would be our 6th man and a short term contributor to the franchise.

Even though Ramon Sessions will likely be coming off the bench also, his role will be pivotal because he ensures us, in conjunction with Ridnour, 48 minutes where we'll have a point guard on the floor who makes his teammates better, be it marginally or immensely, depending on that particular game. And that's an ultra important quality when both our starting and bench units consist largely of players who can't create their own shot.

Look for the 6'3" Sessions and 6'1" Bell to be a dynamite nontraditional guard duo off the bench for the Bucks. Ramon's size and Bell's quickness will allow Skiles to invert them defensively, limiting Sessions' liability on that end of the court, which was previously caused by mediocre quickness/anticipation to guard points. He will have a quickness advantage against 2 guards.

In addition, a then seasoned, but still youthful Sessions, may be called upon to replace Ridnour when he becomes a free agent.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#50 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Tue Sep 2, 2008 5:02 am

trwi7 wrote:
midranger wrote:I don't know how those words got in my quote, but I never said that.

Ever since realgm switched formats and added the nested quotes instead of just the one you want to quote that's happened. He probably had too many nested quotes so he had to get rid of some of them and forgot to delete your name so MBBOT's quote showed up nested under your name. realgm = teh blow.

Yea idno how i **** that up, ill fix it now though.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#51 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 6:09 am

I would trade with Portland for Travis Outlaw and or Frye or Webster whom (Outlaw) the Bucks have been after for years, and move Joe Alexander, Adrian Griffin, Damon Jones and possibly Gadzuric there to fortify our bench.

Portland has Fernandez and Bayless on that second unit, they need some veteran help to move forward who can defend and slow up the ball so they can utilize shotblockers Pryzbilla and Oden to trigger their break.

But I do like SJack too now..

The Blazers might not want to take on Gadzuric but I would take on Raef LaFrentz's expring if that is an issue...They still have to pay Darius Miles so they need some flexibility as well.

Just a thought...but I do like Outlaw and Webster and Frye.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Re: Too late to make Mo trade a 4-way? 

Post#52 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 6:15 am

DannoMac20 wrote:Jackson is also the type of guy that would be pissed off if Skiles told him he was coming off the bench.
Why do you assume that? Jackson has had many roles his whole career.
He was a sixth man in many places. Indiana for a time, and San Antonio, and some for the Warriors.
That is irrelevant to him as along as he gets his minutes...

But like I told you before, I am a SJack fan, but if he has an issue I would look to Portland or Utah who have some breakout players who only need some minutes and the right situation to flourish.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#53 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 6:21 am

REDDzone wrote:I guess I just don't want S-Jax. Sure, if we could get him for the proposed deal, I'd do it. But if we had to give up any type of asset whatsoever besides an expiring, I wouldn't.

He is a horrible rebounder for his size (his reb-r proves that his raw numbers mostly come from pace), and his shooting numbers prove him to be a horribly inefficient shooter. How many 6-8 or 6-9 guys shoot 40% from the field in the league? Ridiculous. Chucker at best.

Just not interested in a head-case, inefficient player who isn't really above average in any aspect of the game and who is suffiiciently below average is several aspects of it.
You not getting him to rebound...

LOL...you gettting him to do what he does! WIN! COMPETE! BATTLE! HUSTLE! ENERGIZE!

You are getting him to scrap, to defend, to be a vital cog on both ends of the floor starting or off the bench like he has been where ever he has been!

Who cares what his personality is. No one is asking you to date him or take him out to lunch! He is here to help us win!

SJackson has a ring on his finger!

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#54 » by gswhoops » Thu Sep 4, 2008 4:36 pm

I'd be interested in Alexander but Gadz would be the 3rd string C and he's WAY too expensive for that...

Would subbing Mason instead make this deal impossible? It seems like you wouldn't need him anyway with Jackson/Jefferson/Redd taking all the 2/3 minutes.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#55 » by REDDzone » Thu Sep 4, 2008 8:37 pm

gswhoops wrote:Would subbing Mason instead make this deal impossible? It seems like you wouldn't need him anyway with Jackson/Jefferson/Redd taking all the 2/3 minutes.

Mason who? No Mason on the Bucks.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,738

Post#56 » by emunney » Sun Sep 7, 2008 7:08 am

Bumped for the simple fact that it now seems that Monta injured his ankle in a motorcycle accident, will likely be out more than the 3-4 months, and will probably not return to his previous level of athleticism. Too bad for basketball fans, too bad for Warriors fans, too bad for the Warriors franchise, and too bad for Monta, who could potentially face legal action from Warriors' owner Chris Cohan.

For the first six weeks his ankle will be immobilized. The following six weeks will be devoted to rehabilitation. At that point, Ellis will be evaluated to determine whether his ankle is fit for full-contact practice.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_10400653

Is Ellis assured of being a top-notch player after he comes back?

Doc: Under the best circumstances to repair the deltoid ligament to a perfect orientation and length is difficult. The difficulty is compounded by rehabilitation where you try to return it some some flexibility. Ellis could get a stiff ankle or a tight ankle. When he tries to pivot he might stumble. He might not be able to push off as much or accelerate or explode to dunk. He might not be as explosive as he is now -- his game is based on super quickness and acceleration. I am not saying he's through. But this is a bad injury.

Zohn: The Warriors are saying he'll be playing in three months. Is that realistic?

Doc: I don't believe so. Based on the little I've read, to play at an NBA level in three months is very unrealistic. He has a long road ahead of him.

http://cohn.pressdemocrat.com/default.a ... 8557&mode=

Now that that's all out of the way, I continue to wonder what they'd give for a point guard, any point guard. They currently have Marcus Williams and CJ Watson.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#57 » by midranger » Sun Sep 7, 2008 10:42 am

Monta Ellis, dumb as ever.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#58 » by raferfenix » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:15 am

So the more I think about Jackson on the Bucks the more I like the idea. He is an incredilbe defender at the 2, but more importantly he'd be the energizer and emotional kind of player our team has lacked for far too long. In fact, I think this deal would immediately be compared to Joe Dumars trading for Rasheed Wallace, and theoretically it could work for us too.

However, I jsut don't see it working if we are keeping Redd, if only because I think Skiles would vastly prefer to play Jackson ahead in the rotation. I'm thinking mroe and more that I would trade Redd for Stephen Jackosn and Al Harrington if the offer presented itself somehow.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks