ImageImage

If Sheed gets traded to Charlotte....

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,574

If Sheed gets traded to Charlotte.... 

Post#1 » by Frank Nova » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:20 am

Can the Bucks work themselves into the trade to land some depth?

I would love to trade 1 of our pg's - Lue or Jones for a another sg personally and our PF depth isnt all that great neither so I wouldnt mind snagging up Maxiell

Unless Sheed gets traded for another PF tho I couldnt see Detroit parting w/ Maxiell, maybe Amir Johnson tho

I think it would be in our best interest to rid ourselves of Jones Griffin or Lue already to add some depth for immediate help

Both teams have interesting pieces I think the Bucks would be silly not to atleast inquire about

Here are the players from each team I'd like to see Milwaukee add to our current roster w/ out moving CV or CB

Detroit -
1. Jason Maxiell
2. Amir Johnson
3. Arron Afflalo

Charlotte -
1. Sean May
2. Jared Dudley
3. Maybe even Adam Morrison if all we gave up was Ty Lue

Lue is the biggest waste on our team IMO, I'd rather play DJ over him and I'd rather have both them not leave the bench so to me Lue is easily the odd man out and honestly I'd rather give someone like Adam Morrison who has been nothing short of AWFUL a fresh start in Milwaukee to get Ty Lue out of my life

Nothing really against Lue but w/ Bells ability to play alittle PG, all Lue will do this season is slow Sessions progression down so eliminated him from the roster is imperative to me

Stupid signing to be honest and then to trade Mo for 2 more pg's makes it even worse

Competation in practice is much needed but DJ can stand there just as good as Lue can and DJ can atleast start a GQ Milwaukee branch while hes at it

So whats everyone think?

Lue for Morrison or DJ / Griffin for 1 of the other 5 mentioned?
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Re: If Sheed gets traded to Charlotte.... 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:31 am

Maybe I'm stupid, but I haven't seen any Sheed to Charlotte rumors.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#3 » by Nebula1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:44 am

Love Sheed. Always wanted him here. I'm also stupid and haven't heard these rumors.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#4 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:54 am

trwi7 wrote:Maybe I'm stupid, but I haven't seen any Sheed to Charlotte rumors.

Nebula1 wrote:Love Sheed. Always wanted him here. I'm also stupid and haven't heard these rumors.

Lil Wayne told him :lol:
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#5 » by Fort Minor » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:51 am

There was a 'Sheed to Charlotte rumor in early June, but nothing came of it and I haven't heard anything else related since then.
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Post#6 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:59 am

maybe he can be shipped to Atlanta for a day or two and then to a contender? I hear Atlanta's ownership sucks.
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#7 » by THE DINJ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:09 am

But what if Shaq got traded to Philly? Hmmmmmmmmm????
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#8 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:30 am

What if Battier gets traded to the Mavs???
Milwaukee'sBEST
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#9 » by Milwaukee'sBEST » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:35 am

What if Zendon Hamilton signed with The Tulsa 66ers????
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I hope Dallas takes Elliot, he won't get them anywhere.

Keeping this in here to remind Turk how silly he is.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#10 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:45 am

I've said it for years...Sean May is a warrior! I would love to have him on the Bucks' roster. But I don't think the Pistons are giving up Amir or Maxiell.

Sean would awesome to get if he is over his injury issues. I love is motor and his aggressive on the low blocks and PF.

Sean has soft hands and nimble feet with good agility for a wide body and a great touch around the basket, nice mid-range game. A bit of old-school in him which I also like in young players.

Sean can also play with his head and his heart and control his emotions when need be and also get nasty and forceful when he has to that inspires his teamates and pushes them to do better and to match his intensity.

May can he is tough as nails and works his butt off to get great low post position, boxes out and runs the floor okay. Average elevation but good wingspan and knows how to use his body and play the position game. Is not afraid of contact and putting a body on guys to wear them down in the half court...

Sean May to me, and from what I have seen has the heart of a lion...and winner. He has just fallen on hard times with injuris. I've always liked the way he played. Much like his pop back in the day...

But our team depth must be addressed for sure. I would see if the Bucks want to revisit the Redd for TMac rumors or last year but that is just me...

Maybe Redd is worth more on the market now that he has actually been part of a winning team and has won a medal? Perhaps his stock has risen as far as it is gonna go for the rest of his career.

Now is the time to use his Olympic success and acclaim and move him while the iron is hot and his value at 30yrs old is high in his prime. Some were throwing out Melo and TMac last year for him in some form of package...

How about it now...?
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#11 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 am

adamcz wrote:What if Battier gets traded to the Mavs???
What if David Noel starts for the Mavs and they bring in Reece Gaines!?

LOL...I begged the Bucks to keep David Noel...but no they refused.
Rosco4
Banned User

Post#12 » by Rosco4 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:03 pm

i agree that we need another power forward... my top 5 favorites for milwaukee that could realistically come here are 1. Sean Williams 2. Udonis Haslem 3. Jason Maxiell 4. Amir Johnson 5. Channing Frye (frye wud be higher but realistically not someone i see portland parting with)
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#13 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:40 pm

If Duncan gets traded to the Knicks we should totally get in on that and steal Tony Parker and Ginobli.

They won't even know what hit them!
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#14 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:35 am

great idea but Redd and Ridnour make more than Parker and Ginobli combined so I don't see SA taking the bait :lol:
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Frank Nova » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:57 am

Evening Scoop: Rasheed to Charlotte?

By: Bill Ingram Last Updated: 8/28/08 9:28 PM ET | 5895 times read

Adjust font size:I've had a couple of emails today from Charlotte Bobcats fans who saw a report in Sports Illustrated suggesting that the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats and Detroit Pistons might be working on a trade - or could eventually work a trade - that would send Rasheed Wallace back to his old stomping grounds near UNC. Now that Larry Brown is coaching the Tarheel-laden Charlotte Bobcats, you're going to see a lot of rumors about former Tarheels returning home to bring the state's only pro basketball franchise up to the level of their impressive collegiate programs.

That feat will require more than a trade for Rasheed Wallace, as those North Carolina college teams are pretty darn good! But that's beside the point right now.

What the real agenda here? We've all read and re-read the many accounts of Joe Dumars talking about how he wants to make a blockbuster deal to improve his team. The problem with blockbuster deals is that they often decimate both sides for a period of time. Considering that Pistons are not only an elite level team in the East as constructed, with three All-Stars in their starting lineup, and that they already have the next round of starters in training behind those All-Stars, you have to wonder just how much improving there is to do. All the talk of trading Chauncey Billups and Tayshaun Prince seemed ridiculous to me, as you'll never find a better clutch performer than Billups in the trade market and Prince is the glue that holds everything together. We all know what happens when you dissolve the glue.

But here's where the "eventually" part of SI's logic comes in. Wallace will be a free agent next summer, meaning roughly $13.6 million will come off the books. The Pistons can either keep Wallace and use that cap space themselves - to re-sign Richard Hamilton or perhaps lure a replacement like Ray Allen to Detroit - or they can deal him at the deadline to acquire a player who helps them long-term. Gerald Wallace would certainly look good in a Pistons uniform.

On the flip side we have the Bobcats, who have an incredible amount of talent in their lineup but weren't able to put it together under head coach Sam Vincent. If it gets to be February and Larry Brown hasn't had any better luck in that department, Rasheed Wallace could be the guy who comes in a makes an impact. He might just be the piece that gets them into the playoffs.

Right now it's almost silly to speculate, though that's what August is for. The Pistons should stand pat and let their core group have another shot at a title. Plenty of people will pick the Pistons to come out of the East as constructed. As for Charlotte, they need to give Brown a chance to see what he can do with the talent they already have before they start blowing things up. That team could be very good for a very long time if they come together the right way.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Frank Nova » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:06 am

stupid speculation all around i guess but interesting none the less...

us getting involved in a trade like this as a 3rd party would really do us alot of good to land someone of importance instead of the lack there of we have been acquiring so far

oh and I guess that Bill Ingram changed his name to Lil Wayne sometime over the last 3 days since this article was posted on Hoopsworld.com on August 28th

Kohl is a mome is hilarious for that :lol:

U think of that 1 all by urself little buddy? :wink:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks