ImageImage

Marbury the Cancer

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: Marbury the Cancer 

Post#21 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:46 pm

LUKE23 wrote:As far as "players improving substantially", you don't think that the fact they improved after Marbury left is coincidence do you? It's not.

Yes it is. All of those guys were extremely young when Marbury played with them. Garnett (Garnett's 3rd season was Marbury's last in Minnesota) and Stoudamire (rookie) were straight out of high school and Joe Johnson was basically a rookie (21 year old second year player in Marbury's last year in Phoenix).

I understand that you need to tear people down who don't live up to your lofty ideals, so carry on.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#22 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 pm

jerrod wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote: [
It seems to me that the Bucks organization did last season, if you were to go off the way he was promoted. Of course, Marbury is more talented, but the have comparable styles.

what are you talking about?

I'm talking about the player introductions and things of that nature. Williams was always last with Mike Redd.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#23 » by eagle13 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:But yes, let the judging continue. Who am I to interupt the hate fest?

Does that mean your going to stop your moronic logic? If so Thank you.

And yes I am a HATER of how Marbury plays basketball...
And yes I am a HATER of how Marbury is as a teammate...
And yes I am a HATER of how Marbury whines and his ego...

And I am almost sorry for the Knix - almost :lol:
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#24 » by jerrod » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:
I'm talking about the player introductions and things of that nature. Williams was always last with Mike Redd.

so by your logic then, if being introduced 4th means the team thinks he's a star then every team in the league thinks they have 2 stars.

you're just grasping at straws while you try to defend marbury

but i guess being introduced 2nd to last is better than a team trying to pay you to go away.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#25 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:57 pm

Yes it is. All of those guys were extremely young when Marbury played with them. Garnett (Garnett's 3rd season was Marbury's last in Minnesota) and Stoudamire (rookie) were straight out of high school and Joe Johnson was basically a rookie (21 year old second year player in Marbury's last year in Phoenix).

I understand that you need to tear people down who don't live up to your lofty ideals, so carry on

I would actually like to see for his career Marbury's teams record with him vs. the record for the first three years after his departure and see how big the discrepancy is. Marbury doesn't make players or teams better, and that is why individuals have improved after he has left, and team W-L has followed suit. I'm not "tearing people down", I'm calling a spade a spade.

You don't think that the fact that all of the Knicks players and the Knicks new coach badly, badly want Marbury gone is telling?

But I'm sure that yahoo article is just a "witch hunt". It's not based in reality at all.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#26 » by BuckFan25226 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:12 pm

This thread is hilarious. I didn't know there was anyone other then MBBOT who would actually defend Marbury.

The guy is a unbelievable talent, but for many reasons mentioned earlier, he's a complete cancer.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#27 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:23 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

I would actually like to see for his career Marbury's teams record with him vs. the record for the first three years after his departure and see how big the discrepancy is. Marbury doesn't make players or teams better, and that is why individuals have improved after he has left, and team W-L has followed suit. I'm not "tearing people down", I'm calling a spade a spade.

But you're ignoring the fact that all of those eventual franchise players where extremely young and early into their careers when they were playing with Starbury.

LUKE23 wrote:You don't think that the fact that all of the Knicks players and the Knicks new coach badly, badly want Marbury gone is telling?

But I'm sure that yahoo article is just a "witch hunt". It's not based in reality at all.

I didn't read any thing from the players, coaches, or management that quoted them as saying they want him 'badly, badly gone'. Can I get a link to an article that provides this? Did you watch the Marbury video I provided in my first post?

It's all relative. 8-)

old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#28 » by old skool » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:38 pm

There is no comparison between the productivity of Marbury and Ray Allen.

Marbury drags teams down. Teams improve when he leaves.

Allen elevates teams. They are better when he arrives and falter when he leaves. The difference in impact of these two players is unmistakable.

At best, Marbury has played for marginally successful teams. The kind of teams that barely make the playoffs and get bounced in the first round.

Allen has played for Division and Conference Champions. He has helped teams go deep in the playoffs. Allen has played in more playoff games than Marbury (63 to 18). And his production has been much better. Marbury has stunk in the playoffs, taking 20 shots per game while shooting at a horrendous clip - 36.5% FGA% and 26.7% 3FGA%. Allen takes fewer shots in the playoffs, makes a much higher percentage and score more points per game. Marbury doesn't get it. He thinks that he is a star because he scores a lot during the season.

oLd sKool
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#29 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:38 pm

So there needs to be outright quotes? Haha. Yeah, I'm sure they are going to get their names printed in the media when he's still on the roster, yeah, that sounds like a recipe for success. Of course they aren't going to put anything in print while he's still on the team.

Did you even read the article?

Yep, I'm sure that teams and players only improved because all of the good players Marbury has played with were young at the time.
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#30 » by redred9 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Marbury is terrible. Absolutely terrible. That quote about wanting to dribble around for 22 secs says it ALL. No wonder every team he's on badly underachieves. Plus he seems to be completely bonkers these days as well.

I can't believe anyone is defending Marbury. By MMBOT's account, the Knicks, with Randolph and Marbury should be title contenders! But oh, that's right, it's actually Curry holding them back..
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#31 » by InsideOut » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:05 pm

I give you credit Rock, I've never seen anyone defend Marbury before. All the bases have been covered. The guy is about as far from a winner as you can get. Teams and players get better when he leaves and his new teams never seems to go anywhere. The biggest telling factor for me is how teams want to get rid of him. I mean if the guy is so great then why do teams want to keep getting rid of him? You'd think they'd be looking to lock him up and keep him instead of trying to move him.
bucksbrewerspackersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#32 » by bucksbrewerspackersfan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:57 pm

Yeah it is all Eddie Curry's fault... I am kidding it is the whole team from Marbury to Curry on why the Knicks are so bad. Marbury is to much of a me first player kind of reminds of Derrick Coleman a lot of potiental only Coleman was just lazy :lol: and Marbury is just plan out for himself and not the team. You can try and convince other people but I can say this much Marbury does not get no love because he never gave any love in a easy to put it. If he put the love of the team first the team would be a lot better. But he can't because look at how he got traded out of each team he was on. It could be funny to watch the great loser team of all time Marbury, DC, Z-Bo, Eddy Curry, and Steve Hensen :evil:
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#33 » by Nowak008 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:54 pm

Would Starberry been any worse then Ivey or Blake when they were here? I honestly think that we would have been better (marginaly) with a healthy Marrbery on our team last year. Sure he is a cancer, but we had like 5 cancers on our team last year whats one more?

[/making an arguement just because]
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#34 » by emunney » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:32 pm

I'm hungry. I think I'll have some raspburys. Maybe some strawburys.

Uh oh. I had too many. I'm dead. You'll have to berry me.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#35 » by BuckFan25226 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:04 pm

I also think the quote in regards to Nash dribbling around for 22 seconds is hilarious because Marbury should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Steve Nash. For one, Steve Nash is one of the rare people that is allowed to do that because of his rare and exceptional ability to create for not only himself, but for his teammates. Also, add in the fact his FG% and 3P% are miles ahead of Marbury's.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#36 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:34 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:But you're ignoring the fact that all of those eventual franchise players where extremely young and early into their careers when they were playing with Starbury.

Dude your argument holds no water. You are proving yourself wrong.

Weren't these same players no seasons more experienced when Kidd came and took them over?
Didn't Jason Kidd also have 2 flatout rookies as major contributors?

And wasn't the team Nash inherited but one year younger when he turned them into a contender?

What about Minny?
I could be wrong here, because I did not check it, but wasn't the year after Marbury was traded was the same year Terrel Brandon came to Minnesota and they improved?

And the Knicks?
I can't squarely put blame on Marbury's shoulders, for that team had a plethora of problems starting at the top with severe poorly made personell descions, but a lot, a lot of the fault is on Marbury as the self proclaimed and rightly so, supposed leader of that motley crew of castoffs and derelicts.

Face it, he is an unbelievable talent that makes people around him worse.

I am also not judging him when I say he is crazy, I am just stating the obvious.

Would anyone disagree with me that Steve O, Ron Artest or Britney Spears are crazy?
Probably not, cause it's pretty obvious.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#37 » by jr lucosa » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:15 pm

He was good for 20 and 9 every year and you guys are talking as if hes the most selfish player in the history of the NBA, who was the last bucks player to average 9 assists a game throughout a season? I would agree he's gotten selfish and has gone a little nuts, but I disagree that hes a cancer, that word is so overused these days that its getting rediculous.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#38 » by Basti » Wed Oct 1, 2008 1:56 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:But you're ignoring the fact that all of those eventual franchise players where extremely young and early into their careers when they were playing with Starbury.

Dude your argument holds no water. You are proving yourself wrong.

Weren't these same players no seasons more experienced when Kidd came and took them over?
Didn't Jason Kidd also have 2 flatout rookies as major contributors?

And wasn't the team Nash inherited but one year younger when he turned them into a contender?

What about Minny?
I could be wrong here, because I did not check it, but wasn't the year after Marbury was traded was the same year Terrel Brandon came to Minnesota and they improved?

And the Knicks?
I can't squarely put blame on Marbury's shoulders, for that team had a plethora of problems starting at the top with severe poorly made personell descions, but a lot, a lot of the fault is on Marbury as the self proclaimed and rightly so, supposed leader of that motley crew of castoffs and derelicts.

Face it, he is an unbelievable talent that makes people around him worse.

I am also not judging him when I say he is crazy, I am just stating the obvious.

Would anyone disagree with me that Steve O, Ron Artest or Britney Spears are crazy?
Probably not, cause it's pretty obvious.

yep Minny got Terrel Brandon and a lottery pick for a disgruntled Marbury. then again, I wish we would have never traded for Marbury and would have kept Allen instead.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#39 » by emunney » Wed Oct 1, 2008 2:15 am

jr lucosa wrote:He was good for 20 and 9 every year and you guys are talking as if hes the most selfish player in the history of the NBA, who was the last bucks player to average 9 assists a game throughout a season? I would agree he's gotten selfish and has gone a little nuts, but I disagree that hes a cancer, that word is so overused these days that its getting rediculous.

By "every year" do you mean "never"?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#40 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 1, 2008 2:26 am

jr lucosa wrote:who was the last bucks player to average 9 assists a game throughout a season?

Sam Cassell.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks