ImageImage

trade rules

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Redbeardwirc0830
Banned User
And1: 0

trade rules 

Post#1 » by Redbeardwirc0830 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:34 pm

My question is mainly with damon jones. I am wondering if we can package damon with anyone.

is it possible to package damon jones, charlie villanueva and a pick together? If it is we should see what that package could get us. also it would have to be a somewhat protected pick.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Re: trade rules 

Post#2 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:07 am

Redbeardwirc0830 wrote:My question is mainly with damon jones. I am wondering if we can package damon with anyone.

is it possible to package damon jones, charlie villanueva and a pick together? If it is we should see what that package could get us. also it would have to be a somewhat protected pick.

Yes. There is no longer any trade restriction when it comes to Damon Jones. That only went until October 13th, and even then he could be packaged with other Bucks. The restriction was that we couldn't use his salary for aggregation purposes. Now we can.

The only Bucks with remaining trade restrictions are the FAs we signed: Lue, Allen, Elson. They can't be traded at all until December 15th.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#3 » by bigkurty » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:26 am

Aren't Lue, Allen, And Elson all non guaranteed contracts though or is that incorrect? I would love to just drop Lue and pick up a guy someone else drops if a decent replacement can be found. Hell the Minnesota guys were talking up Blake Ahearn. Granted he sucks too but can he honestly suck worse than Lue?
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Joana » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:36 am

bigkurty wrote:Aren't Lue, Allen, And Elson all non guaranteed contracts though or is that incorrect? I would love to just drop Lue and pick up a guy someone else drops if a decent replacement can be found. Hell the Minnesota guys were talking up Blake Ahearn. Granted he sucks too but can he honestly suck worse than Lue?

Nah, they're all guaranteed. Lue rejected an offer from the Celtics to play in Milwaukee. But I concur it seems we should have waited. For instance: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... ey_hunter/
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#5 » by bigkurty » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:43 am

Damn Lindsey is old but he has to be better than Lue right? Hell whatever happened to Boykins? I would take him over Lue right now too.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#6 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:40 am

bigkurty wrote:Aren't Lue, Allen, And Elson all non guaranteed contracts though or is that incorrect? I would love to just drop Lue and pick up a guy someone else drops if a decent replacement can be found. Hell the Minnesota guys were talking up Blake Ahearn. Granted he sucks too but can he honestly suck worse than Lue?

Those guys all have guaranteed contracts, unfortunately.
Adrian Griffin doesn't though. His contract is NG'd
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#7 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:01 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:

Those guys all have guaranteed contracts, unfortunately.
Adrian Griffin doesn't though. His contract is NG'd
Uugh! Just a horrible unappealing team to go see.

I won't go to a game this year to watch the Bucks unless they make a major trade. I will go to see the other teams coming in to play them if I go at all with this economy.

Just a horrid team to watch. I will go to UWM Marquette and High School games first...and foremost.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#8 » by trwi7 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:05 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:The restriction was that we couldn't use his salary for aggregation purposes.

Another CBA question. Can we aggregate the emoticons used in MBBOT's posts with his posts to get us a higher salary poster or is that against the rules?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#9 » by jr lucosa » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:34 am

bigkurty wrote:whatever happened to Boykins?

He's out of the NBA, playing on a European team after spending half of last year unsigned and the other half on the Bobcats bench.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#10 » by jerrod » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:32 pm

isn't like the highest paid player in his league, i thought i read that. in italy maybe
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Joana » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:59 pm

jerrod wrote:isn't like the highest paid player in his league, i thought i read that. in italy maybe

Correct. www.virtus.it I'd like the Bucks to have the draft rights to one of his backups, Koponen (they belong to Portland... quelle surprise...)

bigkurty wrote:Damn Lindsey is old but he has to be better than Lue right? Hell whatever happened to Boykins? I would take him over Lue right now too.

Hunter still played one of the best on-the-ball pressure defense I've watched in the league last season. He doesn't have anything else left on the tank, but I'd still take him as a 3rd string pg over Lue (who's probably just pacing himself and having a slow start and will eventually prove us wrong to some extent).
Redbeardwirc0830
Banned User

Post#12 » by Redbeardwirc0830 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:31 am

So now that my question about the restrictions has been answered...What type of PF could we pull for a package of Villanueva, Damon Jones and 2009 1st round pick (lottery protected)
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#13 » by BDUB_30 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:58 pm

package cv and ramons little 2 dollar ass for the best post defender / rebounder at the 4 we can get . id like as much cap relief as we can get next year with jones coming off the books . its probablly not wise to spend until we know what we got in ja and moute.

sure the same logic could be applied to cvs expiring but moving him out of town would benifite us NOW ..would be very interesting to know what value ramon has around the leauge , i dont imagine much but hell .. im not asking for much im just asking for someone more servicable then Malik Allen ..

CV + Ramon sessions , not exactally assest worthy but theirs gotta be a team out there looking to infuse some false hope into their fan base ... CLIPPERS MAYBE ?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks