ImageImage

Player of the Game - Bucks at Thunder (10/29)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Player of the Game

Charlie Villanueva
63%
Richard Jefferson
26%
Michael Redd
3%
Andrew Bogut
7%
Charlie Bell
1%

Total votes: 86

smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Re: Player of the Game - Bucks at Thunder (10/29) 

Post#21 » by smauss » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:For me it really came down to prediction versus production. A lot of people have been down on Charlie Villanueva, and he showed up in a big way. He brought it on both ends of the court. He took charges (I think that one of them should have been called a charge that got called a block), he blocked shots, and he showed the effort getting to the offensive board.

Prior to the game I had predicted that Bogut would put up 20/10, and I think that if he had stayed healthier that he would have. The flow is definitely there with the game, but the production didn't match my personal prediction.

As far as efficiency, RJ was very good, but I expect some 20/8 games out of RJ. That is the style of play that I expect from him. I did not expect 20/10/2 blocks from CV. I did not expect ANY defensive effort from CV.

CV is my player of the game.

I have been hard on CV but I will change my tune if he can start putting some games like last nights in a row and not just once in a while...... (However, I'm not holding my breath!)
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Alice
Junior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Alice » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:41 pm

first off what a great team effort. they passed the ball more in one game than in an entire stotts season. bogut however set the tone early , forced the thunder to double team which opened it up for others to do their thing. the second possession was a thing of beauty. bogut kicks to rid rid swings to rj who swings it to redd, then in to cv back to bogut for the slam. it was the best possession the bucks have had in 4 years.
welcome to my nightmare
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#23 » by Badgerlander » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:52 pm

RJ = POG

CV = MIP

Anyone miss Bobby? I didn't think so...
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#24 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:59 pm

Who wouldn't miss this sweet stat line.

18 mins, 2/8 FG, 1/5 3PFG, 2 REB, 1 AST, 1 TO, 4 PF

That is someone that knows how to play the game of basketball.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#25 » by Buck You » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:27 pm

Lol Simmons is such a waste.

I'd give the player of the game to Villanueva because he doesn't have these kind of games often, if at all. I'm sure the Bulls game was driving him last night. The guy needs a lot of motivation to do anything positive, hopefully he finds more motivation throughout the season. You'd think wanting to look good and that new contract would be enough...
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#26 » by emunney » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:32 pm

St. Nick is hiding from the Nets board, though.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#27 » by BuckFan25226 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:36 pm

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:Lol Simmons is such a waste.

I'd give the player of the game to Villanueva because he doesn't have these kind of games often, if at all. I'm sure the Bulls game was driving him last night. The guy needs a lot of motivation to do anything positive, hopefully he finds more motivation throughout the season. You'd think wanting to look good and that new contract would be enough...

That's where I would disagree with your choice if that's only why you're voting for him. If there were to be a most surprising performance award, CV would most certainly take that in a landslide.

Like others said, RJ slightly over CV because of CV's 5 turnovers.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#28 » by mbucks22 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:17 pm

msiris wrote:I voted for no one. In order for this team to win night in and night out three players need to step it up every night. Bogut, Redd, CV and RJ are the most likely too do so. And you have to remember who we played. Looked like crap vs the Bulls who I do not consider a good team.

Doesn't matter who we played, we played great and as a team. These are the teams we have to beat.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#29 » by emunney » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:26 pm

We went into a franchise opener on the 2nd half of a road/road back to back. Obviously the Thundronics suck, but they're still an NBA team with a lot of talent on their roster. We dominated them with discipline. The ball movement in this game was really a joy to watch, and while there were a couple glaring moments of defensive confusion in the 2nd half, I still have yet to see someone fail to run when closing out on a shooter. That is the kind of thing that good defensive teams must do, and it's what we have not consistently done in the past.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#30 » by aaprigs311 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:30 pm

RJ
FreeSealedJono
Junior
And1: 0

Post#31 » by FreeSealedJono » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:47 pm

i went rj, but it was very even over the top 4 players and some other guys were not bad, i was very pleased with the well rounded effort compared to many games last year, i wasn't able to see this game but i liked some of the team efforts in the first game (passing, boxing out for the teammate to get the rebound, etc) a thing i hadn't seen so much of since the start of last year before guys started shooting more of the balls that came to them to max their scoring and grabbing all the rebs you can rather than positioning to give easy ones to teammates.
i think villy must watch how often he shoots if he gets short mins as he seemed to be at his worst in high shooting bench (bomb squad) mins last year, true the other offensive options (simmons,gadz,bell) were not great, but he still needs to learn to trust others/not get his if he ends up playing with the b-team much this year
milwaukee where FEAR THE DUNK happens
rocking the Vaseline on the rim conspiracy
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#32 » by europa » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 am

Villanueva though RJ certainly was very deserving as well. I love how he's becoming a team leader. He plays with a real passion for the game and he's brought energy to the court in both games so far. I think that's clearly rubbed off on Redd in particular and hopefully everyone else follows suit.
Nothing will not break me.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#33 » by Rockmaninoff » Sat Nov 1, 2008 4:58 pm

Alice wrote:first off what a great team effort. they passed the ball more in one game than in an entire stotts season. bogut however set the tone early , forced the thunder to double team which opened it up for others to do their thing. the second possession was a thing of beauty. bogut kicks to rid rid swings to rj who swings it to redd, then in to cv back to bogut for the slam. it was the best possession the bucks have had in 4 years.

I agree. Simply beautiful. It's always great to see the defense chasing the ball, and the offense one step ahead. Hopefully, more to come?

I voted for Jefferson. Having finally watched the game, I think that he had the biggest impact. Though, it was a great team effort overall.

The spacing is really nice with Redd and Jefferson in the corners (moneyshots for both), Villanueva in the elbow extended area, and Ridnour at the point. The high screen and rolls are a nice touch, as well as the single/double variations.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks