NBA 2k9 League Draft Thursday at 9:00

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

James1980
Veteran
And1: 381

Re: NBA 2k9 League Draft Thursday at 9:00 

Post#201 » by James1980 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:32 pm

Hey Grinch,

I didn't see your message until the next day. Do you want to play a game tonight?
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Redd Shaman
Junior
And1: 25

Post#202 » by Redd Shaman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:18 pm

i can get a game in at 530 eastern, if anyone is interested.
Stop. HAmmond TIme!
James1980
Veteran

Post#203 » by James1980 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:29 pm

I'll possibly be on at 5:30 eastern time, but definitely by 5:45.
James1980
Veteran

Post#204 » by James1980 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:47 pm

A couple days ago I was playing an association game and someone wanted to play a Media League game, so I hit simulation til end. Last night I played an association game and somehow it had traded CV for Boozer. Has anything like that happened to anybody?
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#205 » by jerrod » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:55 pm

James1980 wrote:A couple days ago I was playing an association game and someone wanted to play a Media League game, so I hit simulation til end. Last night I played an association game and somehow it had traded CV for Boozer. Has anything like that happened to anybody?

i'm gonna check the nba website for that button right now
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#206 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:04 am

BUMP

Anyone playing this still? Let's get it going again...I'll play anyone
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#207 » by jerrod » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:51 am

i'll play you immediately following the bucks game if you want
James1980
Veteran

Post#208 » by James1980 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:47 pm

I'll be up for a game tonight after the Badgers lose to Purdue.
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#209 » by Captain Erv » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:30 pm

I didn't want to start another 360 thread, so I figure I'll just post this in here and maybe you guys could help me out...

I'm kind of a n00b when it comes to gaming, plus, well, I haven't had a lot of times to play video games in the past few years. However, I finally decided to dust off my 360 and bring it into my room with my HD tv, so I kind of want to start gaming again. I'm usually just for the sports games, except for the rare expections (GTA for one). I'm just wondering:

1. For sports games do I need a transfer kit in order to get roster updates, patches, ect. ?

2. If so, where is the best place to find a good transfer kit for a reasonable price?

3. What are some of the better sports gaming sites for downloading rosters, patches, ect. ?

4. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks guys.
jeremyd236
General Manager

Post#210 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Captain Erv wrote:I didn't want to start another 360 thread, so I figure I'll just post this in here and maybe you guys could help me out...

I'm kind of a n00b when it comes to gaming, plus, well, I haven't had a lot of times to play video games in the past few years. However, I finally decided to dust off my 360 and bring it into my room with my HD tv, so I kind of want to start gaming again. I'm usually just for the sports games, except for the rare expections (GTA for one). I'm just wondering:

1. For sports games do I need a transfer kit in order to get roster updates, patches, ect. ?

2. If so, where is the best place to find a good transfer kit for a reasonable price?

3. What are some of the better sports gaming sites for downloading rosters, patches, ect. ?

Thanks guys.

Are you trying to get rosters from your computer or something? Because you never specified this. If not, the rosters you get are just on the games themselves. Games like NBA 2k9 update like every week or so. No transfer kit is needed for this, just a Live account and a hard drive.

But it looks like you want to download rosters on a website that somebody else made themselves. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe for most 2k sports games, you can download the "top rated" user created roster files on Live (on your 360).
Captain Erv
General Manager

Post#211 » by Captain Erv » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:41 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:
Captain Erv wrote:I didn't want to start another 360 thread, so I figure I'll just post this in here and maybe you guys could help me out...

Thanks guys.

Are you trying to get rosters from your computer or something? Because you never specified this. If not, the rosters you get are just on the games themselves. Games like NBA 2k9 update like every week or so. No transfer kit is needed for this, just a Live account and a hard drive.

But it looks like you want to download rosters on a website that somebody else made themselves. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe for most 2k sports games, you can download the "top rated" user created roster files on Live (on your 360).

Yeah I'm talking about like getting the real names and stuff for like the NCAA games. Also roster updates (IE trades, updated attributes) for other sports games (Madden). Like I said, I haven't played my 360 for some time. Sounds like the easiest way is to just get Xbox Live?
jeremyd236
General Manager

Post#212 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Captain Erv wrote:
jeremyd236 wrote:

Thanks guys.

Yeah I'm talking about like getting the real names and stuff for like the NCAA games. Like I said, I haven't played my 360 for some time. Sounds like the easiest way is to just get Xbox Live?

Ohh you're talking about college games. Then yes, new to this year 2k has a thing where you can download user created roster files on Live itself.

There's a thing called "2k share" where people basically have the ability to not only update the ratings of the players, but give them their real names. You can chose from the top rated rosters around the world.

Unfortunately, 2k has stopped its College Basketball video game, but you can download 2009 rosters onto College Hoops 2k8. Not sure if you'd want to to do.

EA's game, NCAA Basketball 09 has a similar thing with EA Locker. Users create rosters (with names), and you can download them.

Be aware however, none of the names carry over onto online play, even if you download the rosters. You can only use the names offline.
James1980
Veteran

Post#213 » by James1980 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:50 pm

What NCAA games do you have? I got College Hoops 2k8 a couple days ago and just downloaded the 2009 roster including names last night. Go to features, 2k share, top 100, 2009 rosters. I didn't really like NCAA 2009 and wanted the 2009 rosters for 2k8, but dowloading the names was an added bonus. Its way better than just having the players numbers.
jeremyd236
General Manager

Post#214 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:53 pm

James1980 wrote:What NCAA games do you have? I got College Hoops 2k8 a couple days ago and just downloaded the 2009 roster including names last night. Go to features, 2k share, top 100, 2009 rosters. I didn't really like NCAA 2009 and wanted the 2009 rosters for 2k8, but dowloading the names was an added bonus. Its way better than just having the players numbers.

Hey James I think I asked you this last night, but is there any way you can see if you can have multiple user teams on a Dynasty? I'm thinking about pickin up College Hoops used at Gamestop but only want it if you can have 2 teams (me and my roommate).
Captain Erv
General Manager

Post#215 » by Captain Erv » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:09 pm

It is obvious that the easiest way for me to get updates, ect would be to get Xbox Live. However, I'm not really into the online gaming, just looking more for the updates. In that case I guess I would have to get a transfer kit and a memory card if I'm understanding correctly?
James1980
Veteran

Post#216 » by James1980 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:
James1980 wrote:What NCAA games do you have? I got College Hoops 2k8 a couple days ago and just downloaded the 2009 roster including names last night. Go to features, 2k share, top 100, 2009 rosters. I didn't really like NCAA 2009 and wanted the 2009 rosters for 2k8, but dowloading the names was an added bonus. Its way better than just having the players numbers.

Hey James I think I asked you this last night, but is there any way you can see if you can have multiple user teams on a Dynasty? I'm thinking about pickin up College Hoops used at Gamestop but only want it if you can have 2 teams (me and my roommate).

You can have multiple teams on Legacy, I don't know about multiple users though.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks