ImageImage

OT: League Pass Broadband Help

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

OT: League Pass Broadband Help 

Post#1 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:57 pm

I have NBA League Pass for Time Warner cable.
I went to the Bucks game last night and forgot to DVR one of the League Pass games I wanted to watch. It's the Pacers-Nets game (oh yeah, don't spoil the outcome for me, please). Yes, I've watched all of T.J. Ford's games since he left the Bucks. Sue me :)

I figured since my League Pass subscription is supposed to include League Pass Broadband, I could just watch the game I missed in the League Pass Broadband archive.

It won't let me do it though.
I put in my account number, but it can't seem to authenticate it.

I apparently am supposed to mail, fax, or or email a copy of my bill SHOWING THE NBA LEAGUE PASS CHARGE to NBA League Pass Customer Support in Atlanta, and then when they get that they will get back to me in 5 business days.

WTF? Look at this nonsense:
http://leaguepasssupport.nba.com/ics/su ... tionID=144

That's BS.

My cable statement prints at the end of the month (perhaps always on the same date, I don't recall) and the last statement I have printed on 10/28. I got it in the mail on the 3rd or 4th of November. That means that it will be December 3rd or 4th before I get my statement SHOWING the league pass charge. Then of course I get to wait 5 business days for them to validate it.
So it could be December 11th before I have access to my League Pass Broadband?

UNACCEPTABLE.
I did get $50 off via the Entertainment Book Coupon (thanks again, Mrs. Steger's mother) but I still paid $136. Where do they get off not being able to take care of this for me within a few hours?
I call NBA League Pass, they call Time Warner to verify my subscription, they authenticate my Broadband account. That can't get done in 20 minutes or less?

I will definitely be raising some hell about this next week when I have more time (it's probably going to mean me being on the phone for 20+ minutes bitching at people).

In the meantime, though, I still want to watch this game, at some point prior to Friday afternoon.
Would anyone be willing to help me out who already has their League Pass Broadband working?
Perhaps you could change your password (in case you use the current password for other things, etc.) and then email me that password and your user name. Then you could change the password again Friday night or whatever. And I'll try to be more diligent about DVRing the games I want to watch while I'm waiting for those d-bags to authenticate my own account.

Help a brother out?
fanrevolt@gmail.com
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Re: OT: League Pass Broadband Help 

Post#2 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:05 pm

I may have solved my own problem regarding the Pacers game as I have found an unofficial video of this game and am downloading it now.

Thanks anyway if you would have been able to help!

Still an unacceptable situation though :evil:
97-98

LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#3 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:06 pm

Dan, I would help, but the game you want to watch is blacked out for me.

Edit to add: there are so many things that are mishandled at the league pass department.

-It didn't tell me until I got to the payment screen that I was signing up for a recurring subscription to league pass. Now I have to remember to cancel at the end of the season if my needs change.
-The "terms and conditions" are needlessly long, and contain links to webpages that don't exist (specifically a page that is supposed to detail which games are blacked out).
-Sooooo many games are blacked out.
-We had those 2.5 nights of "98% load bug," where league pass didn't work at all.
-I've reported these problems to them, but have never received a reply.

I was careful to pay with a credit card so that I can do a chargeback if they fail to provide me with Bucks coverage this year. The only time I use my credit card is when I'm seeking extra consumer protection like this, so the NBA is now a part of some select company.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#4 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:25 pm

Dan I sent you an e-mail about 30 minutes ago.

I've gotten all the LP games on my TV, but I've been blacked out on FSN WI most nights. I've had to watch the other feed. Last night, however, I wasn't blacked out and I could watch FSN WI. I have no idea what changes night in and night out. Some games I can watch on 669, some I have to watch on LP.

Very confusing, very frustrating.

edit: also, while I could watch the game last night on FSNWI, I see I'm blacked out for the online game. So stupid.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#5 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Much appreciated. Thanks.

I shall update this thread with any new details of my League Pass adventure :)
97-98

JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#6 » by JoeHova » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:34 am

You guys complain a lot about LP. I've had it for 7 years now and it works much better than MLB Extra Innings, which is rife with blackouts (especially onerous is the blackout of all Saturday games that start before 7 ET). The only games that were ever blacked out on LP were the extra (non-TNT) Thursday games, but even those have been on for the last 4-5 years. Any other blackouts are due to where you live, not LP itself.

It works great for $160 or so and they even throw in broadband, which is a totally separate charge for MLB. This season MLB started having both teams' feeds available on EI, which was cool, but not a necessity. Hopefully the NBA will do that soon too (I hate the Raptors and Spurs announcers and I have to be in the right mood to stomach a Celtics feed), but other than that, I have no complaints. $160 bucks doesn't go far at the arena (1-2 games in decent seats, 3-4 in bad seats), but it can get you every televised NBA game. How can you complain about that?
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#7 » by vlietinho » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:06 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Much appreciated. Thanks.

Any word for international users? You said that you were going to see some NBA executive?
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#8 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:14 pm

JoeHova wrote:The only games that were ever blacked out on LP were the extra (non-TNT) Thursday games, but even those have been on for the last 4-5 years. Any other blackouts are due to where you live, not LP itself.

Right, because I live in Dallas, Minnesota, Detroit, and Indiana. The blackouts on broadband are a huge problem. On many nights five or six games will be blacked out. Trust me, they aren't all local.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#9 » by JoeHova » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:32 pm

I don't know what to tell you then. I've never had anything but Wolves games (I live in Minneapolis) blacked out over the past 7 years. To be fair, I rarely use the broadband, so maybe that has different rules or something, though that wouldn't make much sense.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#10 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:42 pm

JHova, it's not a matter of rules, it's just buggy software. I know from reading on the general board that the problems are nation-wide. There was one night when almost every single game was blacked out, and the thread was full of people from all over complaining about it. It's gotten better, but there is still at least one blacked out game per night that makes me say "WTF."

This makes it especially interesting that the terms and conditions I had to agree to had a broken link that was supposed to detail the specifics of blacked out games.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#11 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:57 pm

vlietinho wrote:
GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Much appreciated. Thanks.

Any word for international users? You said that you were going to see some NBA executive?

Yes, I was going to bring that up when I spoke to an NBA executive, but there was a scheduling snafu and we never ended up connecting.

I will, however, be speaking to that person at some point in the upcoming week, still generally about another matter, but I will still bring up the international users issue, and now of course I will bring up my own issue.

In fact, if anyone else wants to detail their League Pass issues (I guess adamcz has already laid out some of his) here, I'll bring those up too, as long as I'm bringing up issues with League Pass.
97-98

vlietinho
Veteran

Post#12 » by vlietinho » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:02 pm

OK thx Gad.
vlietinho
Veteran

Post#13 » by vlietinho » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Woohoo, finally got a message back from NBA.COM about the international LP broadband stuff.

I sent my original message somewhere in october...

The NBA Fan Relations Team wrote:Dear NBA Fan,

Thank you for your interest in the NBA and NBA LEAGUE PASS! We are sincerely sorry for the long delay in response time following your inquiry. As a fan driven company, we can assure you that fan relations are a main priority of ours and we deeply regret not responding to you sooner. We can assure you that our failure to respond in this instance is not a reflection of our goals and priorities as a company.

We can see that you are living outside of the United States, and we would like you to know that we are thrilled to have so many international fans like you around the world and are happy to see that so many share our love for the game of basketball.

In recent years, we’ve worked very hard to make more exciting NBA action available to our international fans. At the forefront of our effort to deliver more NBA games to fans world wide has been NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband. This subscription based package allows our fans to watch NBA games online via their internet connection.

To find out more about subscribing to NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, please visit http://ilp.nba.com/

Once again, we are very sorry for the delayed response and appreciate your patience and understanding. We look forward to hearing from you again in the near future.

Sincerely,

The NBA Fan Relations Team

Now isnt that nice from them? Shame though, when I click on their link it still says "Your country is not supported" :evil:

And they call themselves "a fan driven company", what a joke! I've been writing them for years to create an international LP broadband option, now they do and then they wont let me get it. So frustrating! "Patience and understanding?" Get the f out!

Luckily I have my usa account working again, through a paid us anonymous proxy server, but those blackouts freak me out (cant watch last nights game due to the blackout crap).

I just cant believe why this has to be such a hassle. I'm willing to pay, yet they leave me no other option than to watch illegaly.

Maybe I should move to South Korea or the Philipines. At least those countries are supported :roll:
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#14 » by paul » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Hey vlientinho, did you consider maybe getting an Australian proxy off the web so you can do International LP? It's not perfect but there are never any blackouts, might be better off doing it that way rather than doing the same thing for the US?
vlietinho
Veteran

Post#15 » by vlietinho » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:59 pm

paul wrote:Hey vlientinho, did you consider maybe getting an Australian proxy off the web so you can do International LP? It's not perfect but there are never any blackouts, might be better off doing it that way rather than doing the same thing for the US?

Well then I would need a working LP broadband Int. account too, wouldnt I? And I only have access to a usa account.. And I doubt I can get an Australian account myself with a Dutch creditcard..
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#16 » by paul » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:18 pm

vlietinho wrote:
paul wrote:Hey vlientinho, did you consider maybe getting an Australian proxy off the web so you can do International LP? It's not perfect but there are never any blackouts, might be better off doing it that way rather than doing the same thing for the US?

Well then I would need a working LP broadband Int. account too, wouldnt I? And I only have access to a usa account.. And I doubt I can get an Australian account myself with a Dutch creditcard..

I don't think the credit card will matter - you'll just need an Australian IP (or any other country that works) then come up with a fake address from the country you choose, we can help with that. The IP is the key, that's how they detect where you're from I think.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#17 » by Joana » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Yeps, credit card address doesn't matter.
vlietinho
Veteran

Post#18 » by vlietinho » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:04 pm

paul wrote:
vlietinho wrote:

I don't think the credit card will matter - you'll just need an Australian IP (or any other country that works) then come up with a fake address from the country you choose, we can help with that. The IP is the key, that's how they detect where you're from I think.

Well I could try that I guess.

I had trouble finding an australian paid proxy server service, but I did find one from the UK. I'll give that a try tomorrow (they let you test their service from monday to friday) and see how it goes.
vlietinho
Veteran

Post#19 » by vlietinho » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:20 pm

paul wrote:
vlietinho wrote:

Well it worked... Scotty from Edinburgh had no trouble getting a daily pass ;-)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks