ImageImage

Bucks at Bobcats postgame

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Re: Bucks at Bobcats postgame 

Post#41 » by jerrod » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:41 am

trwi7 wrote:
jerrod wrote: it's hard for me to picture the bobcats winning a game.

It's hard to believe they've beaten the Jazz and Hornets this year.

did anyone actually see those wins happen? i'm a little suspicious
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#42 » by trwi7 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:54 am

David Stern saw them, so they're obviously legit.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#43 » by bigkurty » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:00 am

Since the Denver Game, Boguts averages in the last 3 games are:

Pts: 14
Rebounds: 18
Assists: 3.33
fg%: 51.4%
ft%: 46.2% - If he average 70% on these, he would have scored 15 pts per game or an extra point per game.
TO: 2
BLKS: 0.66666
Minutes: 35.3333

We played weak opponents but impressive nonetheless. Maybe that Denver game and the criticism he received motivated him a little. I would like to see that FT% go up of course and for him to get some more blocks but his defense is still very good overall. Way to go Andrew for turning it around.
RamonSessions
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#44 » by RamonSessions » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:08 am

The real test, monday.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#45 » by bigkurty » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:15 am

I wonder what percentage of opening tips Howard wins. It must be pretty damn high. Does anyone know if that stat is tracked and where it can be found if it is?
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#46 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:17 am

The lack of passing was a coaching decision:

"But we were trying to keep it simple," he said. "We felt like early in the game we were so uncertain with the ball. We were kind of fumbling balls. So we were trying to keep it in just a couple guy's hands to minimize passing which is really not our game. Our game is to spread the ball around but every time we went into something and looked to pass it too much we turned it over. We tried to find some offense. We didn't find much but found enough to win."
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#47 » by RamonSessions » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:21 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:The lack of passing was a coaching decision:

"But we were trying to keep it simple," he said. "We felt like early in the game we were so uncertain with the ball. We were kind of fumbling balls. So we were trying to keep it in just a couple guy's hands to minimize passing which is really not our game. Our game is to spread the ball around but every time we went into something and looked to pass it too much we turned it over. We tried to find some offense. We didn't find much but found enough to win."

That could honestly be rooted in a select number of players, that should have just been benched for being awful from the get go, Ridnour being one of them. Though I admire Ridnour's game at times, tonight was an evening that he sort of caused a stagnant energy on the offensive end, and why does Hammond want him to take more shots? He's got an awful shot to be encouraging such a mentality.

[*]A win is a win.
lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Post#48 » by lawrybeard » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:35 am

bigkurty wrote:I wonder what percentage of opening tips Howard wins. It must be pretty damn high. Does anyone know if that stat is tracked and where it can be found if it is?

I remember hearing in a Knicks game once that Ewing had the highest percentage in the league at the time, so it must be kept somewhere... although I have no idea where to access this.

Ewings skill was stealing the tip before it reached it's peak, so it might not be Dwight that has the highest percentage.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#49 » by bayrdbandit » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:41 am

it was a pretty ugly win, but ugliness doesn't show up in the standings i suppose.

bogut's big dunk was awesome. he's had a handful of those in his career - the big **** you style dunks. someone needs to put together a reel of them. sad to see him still lay up a couple of others that he should be stuffing home. he seems to be physically bigger and stronger out there, but not really using those attributes well enough.

so what happened to ridnour? was it his injuries? i guess i'm in the minority, but i think he's a great little point guard, i'm more confident at this stage with him running the point than ramon. to be honest i prefer having them both out there. i think ridnour hustles hard, he gets beaten a lot but he always goes down fighting.

the prince took the night off?

can't wait to see redd back, to have that extra scoring option is gonna be great.

croshere makes me uncomfortable.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#50 » by Mags FTW » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:43 am

we are winning basketballl games on the road. end of story.

p.s.
i'm drunk.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#51 » by Jez2983 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:47 am

stellation wrote:It'd be nice on pick and rolls if any of the point guards (particuarly Sessions) actually looked at the guy rolling to the basket to see if he is open every now and then.

I reckon you may have mentioned this before (in game thread?) and I've shared this sentiment previously. In spite of our terrible team last year, this was a play on which we could be counted to get multiple easy baskets. We all remember Mogut...
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#52 » by AussieBuck » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:45 am

Jez2983 wrote:
stellation wrote:It'd be nice on pick and rolls if any of the point guards (particuarly Sessions) actually looked at the guy rolling to the basket to see if he is open every now and then.

I reckon you may have mentioned this before (in game thread?) and I've shared this sentiment previously. In spite of our terrible team last year, this was a play on which we could be counted to get multiple easy baskets. We all remember Mogut...

Yeah we got a fair bit of that before Bogut started to approach Mo's scoring average. :D But seriously we really could've used some pick and roll against Shaq/Nash. The teams that do it well get both guys into foul trouble.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#53 » by BDUB_30 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:09 pm

bogut gets those big nasty dunks when hes going to the basket ...personaly i think he moves great for a 7fter , and the more often he faces up the better hes going to be .

i thought he played a pretty good game ...i mean he cant be held accountable for the first half , hes not a guard , if the guards cant manage to get him the ball then andrew cant be blamed for that ..hes playing good again IMO , and its nice to see .

one thing im failing to understand is the bucks pick and roll ... do they EVER get anything out of it ? it almost seems done by design , we run a pick and roll and our pg is immedialty looking to get the ball to the other side of the court , constiantly . Case and point ; we run alot of pick and rolls 5 feet about the 3 point line .. Im not so sure the bucks are looking to create anything with it , i think theyre just looking to drag a body out of the paint.

Ridnour has to step it up . I agree with Bernman , ridnour looked great early in the season . If his lack of play is due to health , or due to not having redd out there as an option , who knows . But getting that ridnour back is crucial . If Ridnour is injured , id like to see him sit out until healthy as soon as redd comes back . Right now we can use him , but when redd comes back sessions should start and ridnour should get 100% healthy , hes just not good enough to be playing injured .

and just an FYI , Deron williams has been out all season with a high ankle sprain , he came back like a week ago ...played an entire game , and didnt like it ...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks