General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: Postgame thread Bucks @ Magic 

Post#101 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:26 am

Mike X wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:Villanueva/Gadzuric/2009 First Round Pick

For Jamison?

I'd think hard about it. The only problem is that he's owed $40 million dollars after this season---for another 3-years. Topping out at $15mm+ in year four of his extension when he'll be 36 years old. I do think the Wizards would do this deal. Abe Pollin is cheap and he way overpaid Jamison and Gilbert to keep their big three together. He's impulsive and I bet in the market meltdown might want to dump salary.

I'd also think about Troy Murphy who is owed $23mm total in the two years left on his deal after this season. He's only 28. Again, assuming that Gadz going out is part of the package.

I regards to all three guys (Miller, Jamison and Murphy) I view them all as overpaid, but again could maybe live with it because we lose Gadzuric who is due $7.2mm his last year and is worthless.

I think you just killed that deal.

One of the great unknowns when trying to figure out the Bucks direction is Ersan and the viability of him being a starting 4 in the NBA . If the brass thinks he can then long term your probably thinking what 2/3 can I find or get to replace Redd/RJ.

If they they think Ersan cant then your proably looking more for that PF to play alongside Bogut and how you can parlay an expiring contract in a year or 2 into that player.

I don't think he killed it. Redd and RJ are off the books at latest in 2011. Jamison and Bogut would likely be the only big salaries left. Why not try to get a productive player with Gadzuric's salary?

Is Ersan going to put up 20 and 9? I love the, but why does the here and now depend upon Ersan? Ersan is the reason I would trade Alexander in a deal for Jamison, but he wouldn't prevent me from doing the deal.

Jamison would fit well next to Bogut as well. It needs to be an athletic guy that can shoot, not another plodding inside player. That is what Bogut is. Or wants to be.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#102 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:41 am

Rockmaninoff wrote: Ersan is the reason I would trade Alexander in a deal for Jamison, but he wouldn't prevent me from doing the deal.

Jamison would fit well next to Bogut as well. It needs to be an athletic guy that can shoot, not another plodding inside player. That is what Bogut is. Or wants to be.

I had forgotten about Ersan until MikeX brought it up....but going to your point, that would make me more comfortable dealing Alexander.

I can see your thoughts on Bogut being a plodder. I like Jamison but the age/contract are hefty.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#103 » by paul » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:25 am

I know this doesn't really resemble the postgame thread anymore but thought I'd post it here anyway - Bogut has confirmed in his latest blog he is out 1-2 weeks with bruising and fluid on the knee. Says he's been playing through injury's up until now and was finally starting to feel good in the magic game, that blows.

http://www.andrewbogut.net.au/NewsBlogsInterviews/tabid/6055/EntryID/226/Default.aspx

Return to Milwaukee Bucks