ImageImage

Milwaukee Bucks Media Ploys Must Stop!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Milwaukee Bucks Media Ploys Must Stop! 

Post#1 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:56 am

Once again I must object to this media propaganda of excuse making and citing the Bucks injuries and schedule to justify and reason why this team cannot execute with what they have as Pro's and win games...

Today's poll pissed me off when it asks, "Who Will The Bucks' Miss More Redd or Bogut?" Go Vote. I did not...if they had put 0 Bogut 0 Redd or 0 Neither I would have voted neither!

Excuse me. Neither. It is unfortunate that they are out. Especially Andrew, he is really starting to play well and live up to what a 31 overall pick should be.
I have been mildly pleased with his game lately on both ends of the floor as the Bucks are the #1 team in the entire league in rebounding thanks to his efforts along with rookie Luc Richard M'Bah Moute'.
That to me is astounding! I thought going into the year that the Bucks would be one of the worse rebounding teams with there being no help for Bogut at PF. But both Luc Richard and even CVill and RJ have done very well closing out on the boards...so far.
To me that is an effort skill. You have to put in some effort to be a competant rebounder to where you lead the league doing it.

But back to this media propaganda of always noting who or what the Bucks' are playing without as if the NBA world stops just because certain players are hurt, and lowering the expectations and the sense of urgency needed to still approach every game as being winnable rather then paint it as it being improable because so and so is out...

To change the losing culture and mentality permeating around here for the last 5 years, we cannot allow the media to set our team and US fans up to settle for failure, mediocrity, and lathargy, even in what seems to be their factual report writing.
The reporting is subtle in sending hidden messages and dire words implying this team and its fans should feel sorry for themselves because one or two players are out...or whatnot.

Many have said or wrote: 'The Bucks's are "playing their said number of games in a row without the services of so and so...' or they are playing in "such in such back to back or road games in as many games" in 5 days...and so forth.

And what they are actually implying and trying to convey with all this rhetoric if you can really read between the lines like I do is, they are allowing a losing and hopeless mentality to creep in and are promoting an agenda of keeping the fans and the players if they let it expectations for themselves low!

STEP UP Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Sports crew!!! Step up now!

One of my rants on this team in recent years has been my belief that our Bucks' are a 'soft' team in every way. I think lots of it has to do with stuff like this that as a fan I am going to do my part to try to eliminate and expose.

I think greatness starts mentally. Then inwardly in the heart and then your talents will respond to this confidence that you will not settle for ANYTHING LESS THEN SUCCESS!!! This starts with no Excuses FROM THE TOP OF THE ORGANIZATION TO THE BOTTOM!

I have watched the Detriot Pistons, I have seen what Doc Rivers has done in Boston (granted he got better players around him as well...) and you look in Utah and San Antonio...do you see them crying about Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker as much as we do?

Becoming a Winning team you must watch how you think, guard what you allow to creep in your heart and basketball soul like the great Bulls did when they beat teams before they got out of the locker room because they could visualize their wins...and went out and GOT IT DONE!...

Critics be damned! My word for the month is NEVERTHELESS....

Despite this or that....NEVERTHELESS OUR MILWAUKEE BUCKS WILL COMPETE AND PLAY TO WIN!!!!
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Re: Milwaukee Bucks Media Ploys Must Stop! 

Post#2 » by bayrdbandit » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:34 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
Excuse me. Neither. It is unfortunate that they are out. Especially Andrew, he is really starting to play well and live up to what a 31 overall pick should be.
I have been mildly pleased with his game lately on both ends of the floor as the Bucks are the #1 team in the entire league in rebounding thanks to his efforts along with rookie Luc Richard M'Bah Moute'.

i believe they call that a freudian slip. :D
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#3 » by jokeboy86 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:29 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Once again I must object to this media propaganda of excuse making and citing the Bucks injuries and schedule to justify and reason why this team cannot execute with what they have as Pro's and win games...

Today's poll pissed me off when it asks, "Who Will The Bucks' Miss More Redd or Bogut?" Go Vote. I did not...if they had put 0 Bogut 0 Redd or 0 Neither I would have voted neither!

That to me is astounding! I thought going into the year that the Bucks would be one of the worse rebounding teams with there being no help for Bogut at PF. But both Luc Richard and even CVill and RJ have done very well closing out on the boards...so far.
To me that is an effort skill. You have to put in some effort to be a competant rebounder to where you lead the league doing it.

But back to this media propaganda of always noting who or what the Bucks' are playing without as if the NBA world stops just because certain players are hurt, and lowering the expectations and the sense of urgency needed to still approach every game as being winnable rather then paint it as it being improable because so and so is out...

To change the losing culture and mentality permeating around here for the last 5 years, we cannot allow the media to set our team and US fans up to settle for failure, mediocrity, and lathargy, even in what seems to be their factual report writing.
The reporting is subtle in sending hidden messages and dire words implying this team and its fans should feel sorry for themselves because one or two players are out...or whatnot.

Many have said or wrote: 'The Bucks's are "playing their said number of games in a row without the services of so and so...' or they are playing in "such in such back to back or road games in as many games" in 5 days...and so forth.

And what they are actually implying and trying to convey with all this rhetoric if you can really read between the lines like I do is, they are allowing a losing and hopeless mentality to creep in and are promoting an agenda of keeping the fans and the players if they let it expectations for themselves low!

STEP UP Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Sports crew!!! Step up now!

One of my rants on this team in recent years has been my belief that our Bucks' are a 'soft' team in every way. I think lots of it has to do with stuff like this that as a fan I am going to do my part to try to eliminate and expose.

I think greatness starts mentally. Then inwardly in the heart and then your talents will respond to this confidence that you will not settle for ANYTHING LESS THEN SUCCESS!!! This starts with no Excuses FROM THE TOP OF THE ORGANIZATION TO THE BOTTOM!

I have watched the Detriot Pistons, I have seen what Doc Rivers has done in Boston (granted he got better players around him as well...) and you look in Utah and San Antonio...do you see them crying about Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker as much as we do?

Becoming a Winning team you must watch how you think, guard what you allow to creep in your heart and basketball soul like the great Bulls did when they beat teams before they got out of the locker room because they could visualize their wins...and went out and GOT IT DONE!...

Critics be damned! My word for the month is NEVERTHELESS....

Despite this or that....NEVERTHELESS OUR MILWAUKEE BUCKS WILL COMPETE AND PLAY TO WIN!!!!

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,325

Post#4 » by Mags FTW » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:21 am

MBBOT likes to go to the Paralympics and yell at the athletes for not performing as well as people with all of their limbs.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,789

Post#5 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:27 pm

Mags FTW wrote:MBBOT likes to go to the Paralympics and yell at the athletes for not performing as well as people with all of their limbs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#6 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:33 pm

bayrdbandit wrote:

i believe they call that a freudian slip. :D

What makes it truly great, is that the # key is shift key + 3 key. So is it a slip, or is it...not? I love it. Masterful.

Nevertheless, I think you're absolutely right about this, MBBOWT. THAT, is the culture of the team that needs to change. Skiles biggest challange is building up the mental toughness of a core group that has shown a lot of softness in the past. So far, he has done all the right things.

Sometimes in life, people make excuses without even realizing it. John Hammond really needs to start measuring his words carefully when asked about the how's and why's. In the media, he needs to always accentuate the positives of any situation. Along with mental toughness, a lot of these guys need a strong dose of self belief and positive actualization. He needs to hold accountable, but always talk about the situation in a way that inspires the players.

I think you said it better MBBOWT, so I'll quote my favorite part...

These guys have got to learn to love the challange. And so far, they do for the most part. I think that's one of the reason we see Ridnour starting. Besides being a veteran with wholesome character, he is a fighter. If Luke can rise to the challange, everyone else can as well. He has a lot of heart.

Life is all about manifest destiny. See it, be it. Believe it, achieve it. Sometimes that is difficult when life gives lemons. The way to overcome is to enjoy the lemon and the process of making lemonade.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#7 » by eagle13 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:02 pm

As rare as a total eclipse - MBBOT makes a good point!

Though a bit extreme, its actually a very good basis.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:16 pm

eagle13 wrote:As rare as a total eclipse - MBBOT makes a good point!

Though a bit extreme, its actually a very good basis.

Absolutely. He's spot on in this thread.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#9 » by Joana » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:10 pm

Yeah, I agree with the general feeling expressed by the OP, but besides the poll and a couple of sentences from Enlund that I don't read as excuses or an attempt to lower expectations, I don't see that happening. And if it is, it doesn't look like the team is buying it:

Richard Jefferson wrote:That's what our record indicates we are, and that's what we are. That's reality. That's what we are right now. We're a 7-10 team. We're not a 7-10 team that will be better. We're not a 7-10 team that's had a lot of road games. We're a 7-10 team, so we have to improve.

Coach Scott Skiles wrote:This is pro sports. We're paid to win. Nobody is going to present me a medal because we're not out of the game. We're supposed to be in the game and we're supposed to win the game. And we had our opportunities again. We just weren't able to make the plays.

We're 7-10 right now. That's the reality of it and we need to address the things that we're doing that are costing us games. Falling asleep off the ball is one thing that is costing us games.

The only guy who pointed the injuries was CV but not in excuse mode at all.

I've said before the Atlanta game that this team had a chance of nabbing a win in these 3 games even being short of 3 starters, and they came close to win in Atlanta than most here expected, I think. But injuries matter, of course they do, especially in terms of team development. For instance, I think Skiles has quit on working on the offense for a while, and the team is running more ISOs than it was happening at the beginning of the year because he misses the personnel to develop some team chemistry (and for example, fix the turnovers issue, a very needed improvement). Developing a winning culture is important, but pretending that injuries don't matter, or didn't happen, isn't part of it (same for the schedule). They just have to keep battling and assume they can win every game, even if the chances are smaller.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#10 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:24 pm

Joana wrote: For instance, I think Skiles has quit on working on the offense for a while, and the team is running more ISOs than it was happening at the beginning of the year because he misses the personnel to develop some team chemistry (and for example, fix the turnovers issue, a very needed improvement).

Exactly. That's why I don't have a problem with Sessions dominating the ball at times, or with the ISO's at the end of games. Great observation.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#11 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:24 pm

This was a great post.

It isn't just the media....it is us.

I've been on this board for years, and every season all I hear about is "Man, our early schedule is brutal. Did you see, we play the most play-off teams the first 30-days of any other team.....we've got four games in five nights....etc, etc. "

The schedule is always brutal only because the Bucks always suck.

As someone brilliantly said last year..."We are the easy part of the schedule.......for every other team in the league"
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#12 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:12 pm

Can't believe I'm saying this, must be a Thanksgiving miracle, but MBBOT's post is one of the better ones on this board in a while, and I feel the same way. I said in the Bucks-Hawks PG Thread that I'm no longer impressed with this team just hanging in games like that one, being short-handed and on the road against a good team. Start winning these games. The team has been using the injury excuse to make up for sloppy turnover numbers and astronomical foul totals that are actually losing them games, not injuries.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,325

Post#13 » by Mags FTW » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Loos like the JS is also in the bag for the Spurs:
Spurs trying to survive
By Charles F. Gardner of the Journal Sentinel
Nov. 13, 2008

It's not easy out there without Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.

And don't the San Antonio Spurs know it. The Spurs managed just 35 second-half points in an 82-78 loss to the Bucks on Wednesday night at the Bradley Center.

Tim Duncan was the only San Antonio starter to score in the second half, and Duncan and reserve Michael Finley accounted for more than half of the Spurs' total (43 of 78 points).

"Timmy has been great," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He's been playing with basically a different crew around him, and we're going through some growing pains in that regard.

"But to his credit, he's just plowing right through it and giving us a chance to stay in basketball games. He's been wonderful."

The Spurs are off to a 2-5 start and face a difficult test against Houston at home on Friday night. Duncan didn't sugar-coat the situation after the loss to the Bucks.

"Obviously, both of those guys are close to 20-point scorers," Duncan said of Parker and Ginobili. You take a bunch of new guys and ask them to fill that void; it's tough."

Ginobili's status was the subject of much discussion on Wednesday, although the veteran guard refused to speculate if he would be back earlier than expected from off-season ankle surgery. Ginobili accompanied the Spurs to Milwaukee.

"When he's ready, he'll play," Popovich told reporters in his pre-game conference at the Bradley Center. "That's the best way to put it."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/34419209.html

Return to Milwaukee Bucks