Cavs @ Bucks Postgame

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,072

Re: Cavs @ Bucks Postgame 

Post#81 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:43 pm

bogutsdad wrote:If we are thinking of paying kaman 15mil to back up bogut then I think we could get a pretty good power forward for the same price.

Kaman only makes $9.5mm this year and his deal's last year tops out at $12.2mm three years from now. It is a really reasonable contract for guy who had 15/13/2.5bpg last year.

Is he the best fit? No. But he might be the best available fit assuming he even were available. He sat out last night's game with a "sore foot" and Camby and Zach Randolph went to town in a Clippers win. Dunleavy might be stupid enough to trade him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#82 » by BDUB_30 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:55 pm

yeah im running out of patience here .

the problem im having is this game has a certain element of confidence to it ...meaning teams that beleive they can win , do win ... not just because they actualy are a better team , but just due to the power of positive thought and not getting rattled ... well , the problem im having is regardless of us getting healthy ... our confidence level right now as a team is low and im not so sure it will matter ... i would of felt better about dealing with injuries LATER in the year , after weve established some team confidence ... we havent done that yet , and in fact , i see our confidence sinking fast.

tough times for bucks fans ..im losing my excitement for this team now ..again , its not just about winning and losing .. it is about how ya play the game .. and im sorry but the bucks are alot further away from winning these games then the score would reflect . were not challenging these teams , the opposition doesnt even sweat it ..thats why we never take leads in these games , ever notice that ? were eitehr down 10 or more , or were down by 5-6 points .. anytime we get within 2-3 points , the other team just pulls away .. ALMOST instantly ... thats called full control .. and it happens everynight .

not getting blown out is far from a morale victory .. a morale victory is the celtics loss in milwaukee ...that was a real effort ... these past 4-5 losses have been facades ...games are alot further away then the score would indicate . remember wresting with your little brother ? and youd let him beat on ya for awhile and as soon as he started trying to inflict real pain youd just pick his sorry ass up and suplex him ? Well , the bucks are other teams little brother ... its getting old fast.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#83 » by steger_3434 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:05 pm

Good post Bdub. There was about 6 minutes in the game last night and we were only down 2. I made a post in the game thread at that time that we should start the foul and chase game right then because LeBron was going to score on every Cavs possession the rest of the game.

Well, he scored on the next 5 possessions and if he wanted to would have scored on every one after that had we not been down 12 within 2 minutes. That game was never close.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,487

Post#84 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:08 pm

ALLCAPSGOBUCKS wrote:Lebron's block made top ten but RJ's didn't.
I'm stun!

Bill Russell, one of the greatest shot blockers ever, blasted guys who did blocks like that. He said when you block a shot you should try to keep the ball in play so your team has a chance for the ball rather than hot dogging it by swatting it out of bounds.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#85 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:20 pm

steger_3434 wrote: I made a post in the game thread at that time that we should start the foul and chase game right then because LeBron was going to score on every Cavs possession the rest of the game.

I sorta forgot about LeBron for awhile there as many Cav's including Mo were happy chucking their 15-20 foot jump shots that were clanking. Then realized in the fourth he'd just turn it on and it would be lights out.

I agree with you and B-dub. This season reminds me a lot of the 2004-05 season where we seemed to somewhat be in games but really couldn't get over the top and you knew the team wasn't that strong. Then Keith Van Horn went out for a number of games. Next thing you know, it is mid-December and we are 10 games under .500.

BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#86 » by BDUB_30 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:28 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Good post Bdub. There was about 6 minutes in the game last night and we were only down 2. I made a post in the game thread at that time that we should start the foul and chase game right then because LeBron was going to score on every Cavs possession the rest of the game.

Well, he scored on the next 5 possessions and if he wanted to would have scored on every one after that had we not been down 12 within 2 minutes. That game was never close.

yep ..

was anyone on the edge of their seat this game ? I know i wasnt . in a truely close contest you feel the need to watch every play intensely ...watching this game , i didnt feel that need .. and it sounded like nobody in the bc did either .

the injury crap is just that , crap .. When did the bucks get an elevated premise ? Meaning all nba teams lose a starter here or there ..so we were down one starter , thats not an excuse . The only time i think injuries are legitamate excuse is if you go down 3 starters . that goes beyond the standard , and is a legitamate reason .

we shouldnt have to walk such a fine line .. meaning , ohh no were down 1 starter we losttt ...thats weak . a team is built with the intent of having capable backups for that reason .

i dont want to open a can of worms . cause i know this was a project here ..but im only being honest . As many great things as skiles is doing here , that i do appreciate .. I see some blunders out there , or questionable decisions .. and im starting to question what the hell kind of offense is he running here ? We dont even have offense on so many possessions . Its like the bucks took all their practice time and coached defense and ignored that other half of the court . Why does it have to be one or the other ? Its like the pendleum swings to the exaxt opposite side of the spectrum . WE ARE GOING TO DEFEND , even if we dont have any offense at the other side . I know this roster is not overly talented , but imo , the offense could be ALOT better then it is and i put that on skiles at this point . the pick and roll on this club is a joke , were rarely getting our quality players the ball .. RJ could be getting alot more touches , nothing in this offense is quick , its always projected . CV is out there playing basicaly pickup ball every time he touches it , anywhere hes gets the ball he immediatly goes into one on one mode ...its a mess and it needs to be cleaned up before these trends become habit . throwing redd into this unstructralized chatoic mess of an offense is only going to lead to more seperation of 5 man offense .. Skiles needs to take control of this .
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#87 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:32 pm

RJ needs to take it upon himself to drive to the hoop. I'm been somewhat amazed at how often he settles for a long jumper with a guy in his face. And it seems like LRMAM does a much better job guarding "RJ's man" at times during these games. Once RJ comes back in, his man seems to go off on him.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,487

Post#88 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:00 pm

BDUB_30 wrote:

yep ..

was anyone on the edge of their seat this game ? I know i wasnt . in a truely close contest you feel the need to watch every play intensely ...watching this game , i didnt feel that need .. and it sounded like nobody in the bc did either .

There was no one at the BC last night who thought we could come back and win. Even after we sliced the lead from 16 to 2 we all knew LeBron would take over in the 4th and there was nothing we could do about it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#89 » by xTitan » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:02 pm

I think the Bucks could make a move but the trade would involve CV and contract filler....the question is, what can you get for CV and the answer is not alot. I am thinking perhaps a deal like CV for another disappointment like Chris Wilcox, he is not much of a rebounder or shot blocker, not sure about his defense, but he was a talent at one time and just might be needing a change of scenery. I doubt Redd is going to be moved until the off season.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#90 » by Newz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:06 pm

I think the major difference is that LeBron is just unstoppable. He has easily taken over the crown of best player in the world. Against almost every team he can simply score almost at will. He just decided he wanted to win in the fourth quarter and we didn't have a chance. I like Redd and RJ, but they aren't even close... No one is right now. I don't even think the Kobes, Pauls, Wades and Duncans are playing anywhere near LeBrons level at the moment. The Cavs are for real.

Luke Ridnour played his best game as a Buck, IMO. I hope he can keep it up.

I love watching Sessions play, I think he is going to be a very good player.

I liked what I saw from Redd. It didn't look like his shot was back in full yet. I think it was great to see one of our guys getting to the foul line so much. He also passed the ball very well and took very few bad shots... He also was good on the defensive end other than two three pointers that he didn't jump to contest, he just ran at the guy.

RJ played a decent game and CV/Mbah a Moute both appear to be slumping a bit.

Overall I was pleased with how we played, I didn't expect the game to be nearly as close as it was.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#91 » by jeremyd236 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:29 pm

The Bucks played a great game. Unfortunately for us, we played the best player in the world who nobody in the NBA can stop. I thought we did alright on him through 3 quarters, but Lebron can just turn it on whenever he wants, and that's what happens. We can't sit here and try to blame anybody on our team, we're not just capable of stopping Lebron. I think with Bogut we would have been winning through 3 (because Big Z wouldn't have gotten 10 rebounds let alone 17), but nothing can stop Lebron.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#92 » by jerrod » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:30 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Bill Russell, one of the greatest shot blockers ever, blasted guys who did blocks like that. He said when you block a shot you should try to keep the ball in play so your team has a chance for the ball rather than hot dogging it by swatting it out of bounds.

imo, that's the same thing as the coach intentionally getting t'd up to fire up the team. it's not the smartest play but it does have an affect
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#93 » by aboveAverage » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:59 pm

It's also extremely difficult to block a shot from the weak side and keep it in play. When you are running full speed towards the hoop, your natural reaction is to swat the ball away. It takes a lot of basketball IQ to be able to block the shot to one of your teamates
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#94 » by trwi7 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:03 pm

aboveAverage wrote:It's also extremely difficult to block a shot from the weak side and keep it in play. When you are running full speed towards the hoop, your natural reaction is to swat the ball away. It takes a lot of basketball IQ to be able to block the shot to one of your teamates

Plus, there wasn't really anyone he could swat the ball to. It was a fast break, he probably thought to just swat it out of bounds and let them get everybody back and set on defense.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#95 » by Buck You » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:39 pm

LeBron is all about show, but he was running full speed and just swatted at it. Not his fault he's so strong that it went into the 4th row.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#96 » by BDUB_30 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:56 pm

yeah the " keep it in play " johnie mac mentality isnt as easy as he makes it , nor is it as good for your team as he makes it sound .

keeping the ball in play doesnt automaticaly mean your team gets it , and it often times can lead to an easy bucket for the other team . concidering its a 50/50 chance of your team geting it , id like to think that due to the fact youre blocking the shot under THEIR goal , and your team has to go 90 feet , id rather have the shot go out of bounds .

swatting someones shot into the stands not only keeps you from giving up potentaily easy buckets to the other team , but it can also intimidate the opponet , and lower their confidence .. you might think twice before you come to the hole after your shot just ended up in a spectators lap .

mcglockin is an idiot .
bogutsdad
Senior

Post#97 » by bogutsdad » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:14 pm

Ayt wrote:
bogutsdad wrote:Do they have a stat for shots per minute of court time because CV has to be leading that for sure. I know once atleast he had more shots than minutes.

He's definitely close to the top.

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.php?s ... l&qual=all

So if I am reading this right, basically CV is having the same amount of FGA as Lebron James but playing 15 less minutes. That is a worrying stat when everyone is complaining about how much our offense is struggling. I was a supporter of CV but he has to go asap.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#98 » by crkone » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Uh oh... The all powerful intimidation stat rears its ugly head. So how many intimidations did LeBron have in this game, 3 or 4?

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#99 » by crkone » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:16 pm

bogutsdad wrote:
Ayt wrote:
bogutsdad wrote:Do they have a stat for shots per minute of court time because CV has to be leading that for sure. I know once atleast he had more shots than minutes.

He's definitely close to the top.

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.php?s ... l&qual=all

So if I am reading this right, basically CV is having the same amount of FGA as Lebron James but playing 15 less minutes. That is a worrying stat when everyone is complaining about how much our offense is struggling. I was a supporter of CV but he has to go asap.

Those are per 40 minutes.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
bogutsdad
Senior

Post#100 » by bogutsdad » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:37 pm

Even so, it is a worry. Most of the guys in that top ten are marquee name's for each team, Kobe, Lebron, Parker, wade, al Jefferson, Nowitzki, guys who in each team when they are on the court you want the ball in their hands. CV should not be amongst them.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks