ImageImage

Rivalries

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ws26
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Rivalries 

Post#1 » by ws26 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:19 am

Hey, I'm gonna write an article on rivalries and I wanted some feedback.
I was hoping that you could give me a list of the team you would consider your rival, scale that rivalry 1-10, and your most hated player in the league (on any team).
Thanks.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Re: STICKY!! Rivalries 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:20 am

We don't have a rival because we suck.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Re: Rivalries 

Post#3 » by Buck You » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:23 am

My most hated player is Bobby Simmons.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#4 » by steger_3434 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:24 am

The team I dispise the most is probably the Raptors, but that's just because of RealGM. I'm sure the players don't consider that a rivalry. Other than that maybe Chicago? Twirl's right, though, we really don't have one because we've sucked for a long time.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#5 » by aaprigs311 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:30 am

I hate Ginobli and almost every player on the Bucks roster.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Re: STICKY!! Rivalries 

Post#6 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:30 am

trwi7 wrote:We don't have a rival because we suck.

+1

If you had to choose one it'd probably be Chicago but both teams have never been good at the same time, so it's been incredibly stagnant. Minnesota, Indiana, Cleveland, Detroit all could be good rivalries if the Bucks didn't suck (same with Minny and Indy).

Maybe the biggest rival in the franchise's history may actually have been the Charlotte Hornets. These two would meet in the playoffs time and again and have great series with each other.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#7 » by bigkurty » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:48 am

Yeah like the others said, we don't have any true rivals since we suck but if you had to pick one, Chicago would be it right now. Most hated player for me is Gary Payton for his constant trashing of Milwaukee. I think he just is mad because he started to decline hard right after leaving the Bucks. Actually I don't really think that but screw him, he sucks and he left a lot of his talent and skills in Milwaukee as far as I am concerned. Now the question is am I allowed to hate him or does this board have people who will come to that **** rescue too?
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#8 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:54 am

bigkurty wrote:Yeah like the others said, we don't have any true rivals since we suck but if you had to pick one, Chicago would be it right now. Most hated player for me is Gary Payton for his constant trashing of Milwaukee. I think he just is mad because he started to decline hard right after leaving the Bucks. Actually I don't really think that but screw him, he sucks and he left a lot of his talent and skills in Milwaukee as far as I am concerned. Now the question is am I allowed to hate him or does this board have people who will come to that **** rescue too?

Somehow I doubt you'll find many defenders of Gary Payton on this board.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
bigkurty
General Manager

Post#9 » by bigkurty » Fri Dec 5, 2008 4:00 am

WEFFPIM wrote:
Somehow I doubt you'll find many defenders of Gary Payton on this board.

I wouldn't think so either but isn't there always one it seems. I wasn't a forum contributor here or anywhere really when he was around so I don't know what people thought of him during his time here.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#10 » by aboveAverage » Fri Dec 5, 2008 4:22 am

Chicago, but only because it's chicago. I don't really hate the Bulls or their players. I don't think we really have a rival.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#11 » by Newz » Fri Dec 5, 2008 4:24 am

If you asked most 'hardcore' Bucks fans I think they would agree that the player they hate most is probably Anthony "Fat" Mason.
bigkurty
General Manager

Post#12 » by bigkurty » Fri Dec 5, 2008 4:26 am

LukePliska wrote:If you asked most 'hardcore' Bucks fans I think they would agree that the player they hate most is probably Anthony "Fat" Mason.

Ahh, that could be true too.

How about this guy for being our former rival that we defeated last year
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#13 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Dec 5, 2008 4:29 am

It's an easy and oft-made argument to say that rivalries in the NBA are long dead. Certainly nothing like college sports or the NFL, for example.

Like others, I don't think we have one.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#14 » by JoeHova » Fri Dec 5, 2008 4:36 am

I'd have to agree that the Bulls are the closest thing to a rival the Bucks have had for at least 20 years (I doubt Bulls fans see the Bucks as a significant rival though). The Bulls did get their record-breaking 70th win in Milwaukee. Before that, the Celtics and Sixers because of the Eastern Conference power struggles in the 80s.

Most of the most hated players will be former Bucks. The most hated rival player would maybe be Dikembe Mutombo from the 2001 ECF? I know he pissed me off during that series and most people I talked to at that time weren't fans. I guess that probably died down though, it's not like Rocket fans antipathy toward John Stockton, which will apparently never die.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#15 » by jerrod » Fri Dec 5, 2008 5:00 am

the bucks main rival?

the milwaukee admirals
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#16 » by trwi7 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 7:29 am

jerrod wrote:the bucks main rival?

the milwaukee admirals

And I think we all know who wins that matchup. :nod:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,925

Post#17 » by stellation » Fri Dec 5, 2008 7:33 am

Europa vs. Mo-nation.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#18 » by Neapolitan Buck » Fri Dec 5, 2008 2:58 pm

I would say Chicago.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#19 » by power4wardjinx » Fri Dec 5, 2008 6:27 pm

aboveAverage wrote:Chicago, but only because it's chicago. I don't really hate the Bulls or their players. I don't think we really have a rival.

Right, not because of the Division setup or the Bucks or Bulls specifically, just b/c it's Chicago and Skiles was their coach. Used to be Chicago, Cleveland, Indiana and Detroit when we played the central teams six times a year but the biggest rivalry was always with Nique and Fratello and Atlanta. That was a long time ago now. Big Three had a few rivalries in the East.

Now we play New Jersey just as many times as we play the Bulls and the Nets might as well be a rival - beat us four times last year and the trade adds something extra to the four games this year. Those games could decide whether there's a playoff spot for the Bucks or not.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#20 » by L&H_05 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 9:25 pm

Bucks fans vs Terry Stotts

B*R*I*N*G I*T

Return to Milwaukee Bucks