Suns trade:
Boris Diaw
Raja Bell
Sean Singletary

Bobcats trade:
Jason Richardson
Jared Dudley
2nd round 2010 pick

Wow is about all I can say. I think this trade helps both teams. Suns get an explosive guard and CHA gets some depth to help out G-Wall/Okafor.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: OT: Suns acquire J-Rich 

Post#2 » by Nowak008 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:19 pm

That could be Redd. :cry:
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#3 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:23 pm

:o What the hell are the Suns doing? Fine get rid of Diaw but why would they move Bell?
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
bandini
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#4 » by bandini » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 pm

That's an awful trade for the Suns... I mean they tried to slow down the tempo since Kerr... and now it's like they're not faithful of what they did and go back the other way... & now they are very thin at the pf position. So Long Suns (again).

Love Boris Diaw for the Cats. A very smart team player who can post up (but a little shy when he has a good matchup).
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by Fight the Tank » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:35 pm

I wish we could play the Suns again.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by Fight the Tank » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:36 pm

I wish we could play the Suns again.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#7 » by RayRayJones » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:42 pm

Eh, I think Suns will be fine at PF. Amare still takes up most minutes, and if you have to bring in Dudley for 10 mins a game, so be it. He isn't that bad of a prospect.

I think Suns did pretty good in this deal really. The fans hate Diaw with a passion and his huge contract. Sort of a sacrifice to rid of Diaw by ridding of Bell, because they didn't have any other viable pieces as they weren't getting rid of their big three.

Their starting 5 is still scary either way, half-court or full-court.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#8 » by raferfenix » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:43 pm

I wish we could have traded Redd for that package, but I think Richardson is a great fit in Phoenix. He'll help give them an athleticism jolt (which they need with their aging lineup), and his salary is much better. Plus, Porter and Redd didn't have a good relationship here, so I can easily see why they'd prefer Richardson.

Phoenix is incredibly thin up front now though. I wonder if they have a follow up deal in the works---right now their only backup big man is the rookie and lesser Lopez.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#9 » by raferfenix » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:47 pm

This deal is very worrisome for our prospects of trading Redd if Diaw was the best PF prospect the Bobcats could get for Richardson....
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,064

Post#10 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Doesn't this sort of set a market for Redd now?

I'd say J-Rich is better with a smaller contract, but could understand arguments the other way. Still, the values are similar, and I'd argue Redd's is lower because of his higher per year salary.

What would people's opinions be on this board if we had just acquired Raja Bell and Diaw for Redd?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#11 » by andonewheel » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:50 pm

I want no part of Diaw, ughh.

Good deal for the Suns. J-Rich is a step up over Bell IMO. I think Dudley will fill Diaw's role quite well.

Too bad we had to play Phoenix last night. If we played them tonight instead they'd be without Shaq, Bell, and Diaw. Oh well.
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#12 » by RayRayJones » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:50 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Doesn't this sort of set a market for Redd now?

I'd say J-Rich is better with a smaller contract, but could understand arguments the other way. Still, the values are similar, and I'd argue Redd's is lower because of his higher per year salary.

What would people's opinions be on this board if we had just acquired Raja Bell and Diaw for Redd?

I'd be ecstatic. This was a trade I've thought of many times, or in some fashion involving Bell/Diaw because there's been rumors flying of PHX opening the phone lines. This trade adds depth for CHA and PHX gets their "stud" for their depth.

I think CHA will benefit in the long run, because they get Diaw's contract off in 2011 (I believe?) which will let them play the FA market the year after everyone's booked up from the 2010 market.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#13 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:51 pm

I thought Diaws deal was longer than Redds.

If you ignore the financial aspects of it, I bet Skiles would take Bell/Diaw over Redd. It would help our depth, but Diaws deal is a killer, its like got 4 years on it I think.

For Phoenix, I can see why they would want to do this deal. Richardson brings an element to their team that they do not have right now. Richardson can shoot, slash and is their most athletic player besides Amare. Bell was losing a step and Diaw didn't fit the system anymore.

I don't think Dudley is a PF, he's just a fat SG.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Suns swoop in to sign Juwan Howard over his reported intentions of actually signing with the Bobcats.

Otherwise, I saw that Mourning is still hoping to get playing again this year. Perhaps Shaq would convince him to come to Phoenix, otherwise I guess they can go after PJ Brown who could be had again for a playoff run.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#14 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:54 pm

raferfenix wrote:This deal is very worrisome for our prospects of trading Redd if Diaw was the best PF prospect the Bobcats could get for Richardson....

Yeah, but they also got a nice piece in Bell. Bell can defend 3 positions very well, and he's one of the best spot up shooters in the game.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#15 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:56 pm

This seems really strange for the Suns. The Bobcats? Eh, no one knows what the hell they're doing anyways.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#16 » by JoeHova » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:59 pm

wow, shocking deal, at least to me. Seems like a good deal for the Suns. Diaw hasn't done much lately and Bell went from being underrated to being way overrated the past couple years. Richardson is far better than either of them. It hurts Phoenix's depth but Dudley is serviceable as a backup.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,064

Post#17 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:59 pm

Diaw is owed for four years (including this year) at $9mm per for a total of $36mm.

Raja Bell is owed $5mm this year and $5.2mm next year. I love Bell, but he's 32 years old. A "win-now" guy.

J-Rich has 3-years left (including this one) for a total of $39mm or $12mm less than we'll owe Redd over a comparable time.

Suns give up $46mm of salary and take back $39mm.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#18 » by Mags FTW » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:06 am

Does MJ know yet?
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#19 » by Newz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:08 am

Great trade for the Suns just because they get rid of Diaw. That guy's contract is infinitely worse than even Gadzuric's deal. Diaw is awful.

I don't really know where all of the shots are going to come from for Nash, Richardson, Stoudamore and Shaq. If they play unselfishly they are going to be even harder to stop than before though. Should be interesting to see.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#20 » by Mags FTW » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:19 am

On a side note, this is how unlucky we've been. Of course the trade goes down the day AFTER we play the Suns.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks