ImageImage

Could Mil and Philly do something?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Re: Could Mil and Philly do something? 

Post#21 » by paul » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:15 pm

I don't really disagree with anything you said about Iggy Reddzone, but imo if you want to win now as you implied then Iggy is not the guy you want - or you need to trade RJ for him and keep Redd.
Trading Redd for Iggy is not a good team FIT, we'd essentially have two RJ's offensively and be virtually no threat from the perimeter. The defense would pack in, the lane would clog, our offense would stink even more than it has lately. Watching Philly a fair bit this season he also seems like a guy who's trying to do far too much with the ball atm.
So from a team needs perspective it's either RJ for Iggy or no Iggy for me, and I don't want to trade RJ.

Like I said I like Iggy, I just don't like him for us as we stand now - and I don't like his contract. There are those who would say he's better than both RJ and Redd, for those who feel that way I can understand wanting to just get him however we can then working out the rest of the team to suit his game, but I'm not one of them.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Re: Could Mil and Philly do something? 

Post#22 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:26 pm

The Sixers need shooters more desperately than any team in the NBA. They might want Redd but they can't offer any shooters in return because they don't have any. Therefore if the Bucks traded Redd to the Sixers they would take over as the worst jump-shooting team in the league, so if you're talking about Redd to the Sixers you better have a few other moves lined up unless you're just doing it to dump salary and start rebuilding (which is fine by me but Philly doesn't have the right salaries to be that kind of trade partner so again it's way more complicated than you're making it out to be).

We need a "teams that would want Redd or RJ and make good trade partners" thread.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks