ImageImage

1st and only TI - Jazz and Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,722

1st and only TI - Jazz and Bucks 

Post#1 » by msiris » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:21 pm

Boozer and Brewer for Redd. With Boozer publicly stating he will opt out and with Millsap,a guy we could have had :x , playing well the Jazz might consider this. I think this might have been brought up before, but I was too lazy to look it up. I would like to see if a real PF would help Bogut improve his game.
Ride the tank
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Re: !st and only TI 

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:22 pm

Any Bucks fan would do this in a second, even with Boozer leaving. Jazz don't do it. Brewer is a more valuable player than Redd, he's a great defender and he scores at a very high %.
msiris
RealGM

Re: !st and only TI 

Post#3 » by msiris » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:25 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Any Bucks fan would do this in a second, even with Boozer leaving. Jazz don't do it. Brewer is a more valuable player than Redd, he's a great defender and he scores at a very high %.
Brewer has not played that well this year yet. If we take someone else besides Brewer would you and the Jazz still do it?
Ride the tank
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: 1st and only TI - Jazz and Bucks 

Post#4 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:27 pm

I think the Jazz would do Boozer and Brewer for Redd and LRMAM?

Not sure if that works.

I know that Boozer and Korver for Redd and LRMAM works.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#5 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:30 pm

I would do Redd for Boozer and any player that was under contract for 3 or less years. I just don't know if the Jazz do it. They probably take the money they save from Boozer leaving and just re-sign Millsap. And even with Boozer opting out, they are still at $59M committed next year, so their cap situation isn't great.
msiris
RealGM

Post#6 » by msiris » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:33 pm

The whole point of this trade would be to see if this would make Bogut better player. Redd clearly does not.
Ride the tank
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Thats why we would have to take Korver and his money and they still probably wouldn't do it.

I would take Boozer as an expiring though and get Redd's money off the books. That would make us a healthier organization.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,067

Post#8 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:41 pm

Utah can't afford Redd even if Sloan would want him (he wouldn't). They've got to re-sign Milsap and Okur. Redd's contract would destroy their ability to do this.

Plus, here's Ty's latest thought on Redd. The whole league knows this and won't touch the guy:

http://bucksdiary.blogspot.com/2008/12/ ... dnour.html

Note: Championship Percentage is based on my theory that you have to win about 58.8 games to be a legitimate championship contender. That translates, in Total Win Contribution, to +2.75 above replacement level. Thus, you need to assemble a team that contributes that much... and every player's contribution, meaning every player's TWCar, divided by +2.75, is what I call their "Championship Percentage". I think Dwight Howard, the center, has a Championship Percentage of about 38.5%, for instance. Thus, the Magic need to add player's whose contribution above replacement adds up to about 61.5%. Meanwhile the Bucks best player, Michael Redd, has never had a TWCar above 10.8% since he signed his maximum pay contract. Meaning,the Bucks have all this money invested in a guy, and they still have to find and pay players who can contribute the additional 90% they need to get to the championship level. That's almost impossible to pull off. You can't invest heavily in a 10% CP player and succeed. You just can't do it... its NEVER been done.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#9 » by smauss » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Sign me up mike!
I'm just about at the end of my rope with this team. Our core played last night and in many other nights like they have no heart! It is unacceptable for Bogut to have a night like last night, as well as RJ and Redd. I have wanted a physical 4 for what seems like an eternity to put next to Bogut, that has some fire, heart, chutzpah, a bit nasty which this team desperately needs. We must have a player with these characteristics to really push and lead this team whether at the 4 or some other position. Man, this is getting me upset!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
msiris
RealGM

Post#10 » by msiris » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:46 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Utah can't afford Redd even if Sloan would want him (he wouldn't). They've got to re-sign Milsap and Okur. Redd's contract would destroy their ability to do this.

Plus, here's Ty's latest thought on Redd. The whole league knows this and won't touch the guy:

http://bucksdiary.blogspot.com/2008/12/ ... dnour.html

Note: Championship Percentage is based on my theory that you have to win about 58.8 games to be a legitimate championship contender. That translates, in Total Win Contribution, to +2.75 above replacement level. Thus, you need to assemble a team that contributes that much... and every player's contribution, meaning every player's TWCar, divided by +2.75, is what I call their "Championship Percentage". I think Dwight Howard, the center, has a Championship Percentage of about 38.5%, for instance. Thus, the Magic need to add player's whose contribution above replacement adds up to about 61.5%. Meanwhile the Bucks best player, Michael Redd, has never had a TWCar above 10.8% since he signed his maximum pay contract. Meaning,the Bucks have all this money invested in a guy, and they still have to find and pay players who can contribute the additional 90% they need to get to the championship level. That's almost impossible to pull off. You can't invest heavily in a 10% CP player and succeed. You just can't do it... its NEVER been done.
And now you know why this is my last TI PP25. Nice find by the way. A man can't even dream for 5 minutes on this board. :cry:
Ride the tank
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,067

Post#11 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:55 pm

I'd gladly do your trade...... :)

I just don't think the Jazz would do it.......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by smauss » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:18 pm

BTW, I'm more than a bit upset with RJ! I thought this guy had some of those qualities I mentioned above but like his on-court game, he seems to be settling for outside jump shots, as he relates to this team, rather than slashing and taking it strong to the rack with some confidence and authority. What happened to him?

BTW sorry for going OT! But I'm just really ticked off about this team. :vent:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#13 » by trwi7 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:24 pm

smauss wrote:BTW, I'm more than a bit upset with RJ! I thought this guy had some of those qualities I mentioned above but like his on-court game, he seems to be settling for outside jump shots, as he relates to this team, rather than slashing and taking it strong to the rack with some confidence and authority. What happened to him?

Many said after the trade that Jefferson wasn't the same player that he was in years prior. Seemed to be settling for jumpshots.

I think it's fair to say that overall New Jersey has won that trade so far. Simmons has almost the exact TS% as Jefferson and a better eFG%. Yi has a worse TS% and eFG%, but you also get better rebounding out of Simmons than Jefferson and you get salary flexibility sooner as Simmons is an expiring contract next year and Yi is still on a rookie deal.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
msiris
RealGM

Post#14 » by msiris » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:24 pm

smauss wrote:BTW, I'm more than a bit upset with RJ! I thought this guy had some of those qualities I mentioned above but like his on-court game, he seems to be settling for outside jump shots, as he relates to this team, rather than slashing and taking it strong to the rack with some confidence and authority. What happened to him?

Well you have to remember one thing. He never really wanted to be here in the 1st place. But all in all I am tired of NBA players crying all the time. Shut up and play. No wonder they play in the NBA and not the NFL. Drama queens.
Ride the tank
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#15 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:29 pm

This is a trade that is a no-brainer. I would expand it to try to get atleast another player in any deal with Jazz. It has to be a 6 man trade to have any value if Boozer bolts.

I would throw in Joe Alexander or Ridnour for a few more pieces...Redd would help them immensely.
You couldn't have picked a better player for that team, and Sloan would make Redd a better player and all he has to do is get in his spot and catch Deron Williams passes and get out of the way in the 4th qtr until he is sealed up.

It would help both teams. Nothing is to be gained by sitting down Milsap if you are Utah who I wanted long ago. He is the type of players the Bucks' brass fail to see that other teams can!

Bucks look for 'skilled' albeit soft finesse players, (Ilyasova, Bogut, Alexander, Ridnour, Villanueva etc) other teams look for talent and toughness (Milsap, Koufos, Williams, Boozer, Brewer, Harpring etc).

The one thing about Boozer though is that I think he gets hurt on purpose and stays out to force you to move him if he does not want to be in a certain place. He's a flaky fool if my assumption is true because that team can do some damage out West.

But he lied to the Cavs and Gordon Gund and bolted from there after a handshake agreement and might do it here since (it is a business... :roll: ) and he has nothing to lose and his sights on Miami anyways this summer.

However, with all that being said, I WOULD STILL TAKE HIM!
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by smauss » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:35 pm

msiris wrote:

Well you have to remember one thing. He never really wanted to be here in the 1st place. But all in all I am tired of NBA players crying all the time. Shut up and play. No wonder they play in the NBA and not the NFL. Drama queens.

:clap:

I just wonder if they have no heart, no pride in performance. They obviously don't give a rip about their fan base, who pay a lot of money to watch them under-perform! I just don't get it!

simul justus et peccator
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#17 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:37 pm

trwi7 wrote:

Many said after the trade that Jefferson wasn't the same player that he was in years prior. Seemed to be settling for jumpshots.

I think it's fair to say that overall New Jersey has won that trade so far. Simmons has almost the exact TS% as Jefferson and a better eFG%. Yi has a worse TS% and eFG%, but you also get better rebounding out of Simmons than Jefferson and you get salary flexibility sooner as Simmons is an expiring contract next year and Yi is still on a rookie deal.
This is not entirely fair. RJ don't have Jason Kidd setting him up and getting him the ball where he needs it.
I would trade ridnour right now for Jose Berea of the Mavs. Perfect example of a gutsy floor general.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#18 » by eagle13 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:04 am

RJ for Booz straight up works.
RJ & Sloan would get along. AK47 & Milsap play PF.
M2 starts at SF. CV backs PF-SP & even SG with M2 sliding down to SG

Bog / Gadz / Elson
Boozer / CV / JA / Croshere / Allen
M2 / CV / JA
Redd / Bell / M2 / DJ
Rid / Ram / Lue

8 man rotation = starters + CV, Ram, Gadz
10 man rotation + Bell & JA
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#19 » by trwi7 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:07 am

I think Utah would rather let Boozer walk for nothing than take on a huge contract. They want some money to re-sign Millsap.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#20 » by eagle13 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:30 am

trwi7 wrote:I think Utah would rather let Boozer walk for nothing than take on a huge contract. They want some money to re-sign Millsap.

Maybe also send expiring Jones & Elson (& 2nd?) for Harpring to give them some cap savings? They can cut Jones right off. They don't need Harp w/ RJ, Korver & AK at Sf.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks