Friggin Lotto
2%

Total votes: 88

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Re: Every member needs to choose.... 

Post#41 » by Sigra » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:30 pm

emunney wrote:You can get in the playoffs and never beat a good team.

Exactly. Especially this year where we have only few great teams (Boston, Lakers, Cavs, Orlando, Hornets, Rockets).

And if had healhy team and if we had Boston's schedule (for example) we would already be in top 4 IMO
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#42 » by Max Green » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:34 am

I predicted 40+ wins before the season started and I still stand by it.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#43 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:15 am

I am getting a little more then annoyed wth all this playoff crap being talked about around here and in the press! FORGET ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS!

Work on consistency and chemistry and continue to reinforce who you are and nail down team with an identity!

This team is not ready to begin feeling too good about themselves not knowing who they are. They have had an easy schedule so far and have looked better.

But the only reason they do make the playoffs is because of a weak conference. Missing out on a PG like Steve Francis who could have been had for Damon Jones and a second rounder is another big mistake.

How could and why did he goto Memphis!? The Pheonix Suns and Orlando Magic need to wake the hell up! There was a guy to get right there that could have helped them both down the road!

The Bucks are not a playoff team right now...or a very serious one after 30 games. You have to wait atleast until the 45 game and that is only halfway through!!!

But they are still a 9th seed!
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#44 » by Mags FTW » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:23 am

No, they're the 8th seed.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#45 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:30 am

emunney wrote:Guess the Bucks are in trouble if you're not excited. I do forgive you, though.

Excited about what....exactly? I dont like the team, but they are playing better ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE COACHED BETTER.

Last year's team was better from top to bottom and deeper. And if they had left that team alone and brought everyone back with Scott Skiles they would be a very good team in the East right now.

Perhaps a top 6 team right now in the East overally because they had better players but did not play right with the wrong coach. ESPECIALLY REDD! And they were not held accountable from Redd on down.

They have a gaping hole at PF and PG as Ridnour is a backup who is playing well like Steve Blake is in Portland but will not get it done on a very good team starting.

Portland is another team that should have brought back Steve Francis if he can get healthy...just as the Bucks should have went after him. Not Memphis.

But what is to be 'excited' about. I will get excited when Joe Alexander beccomes a force and we get another scorer in the backcourt and make Redd and Bogut more willing and better passers.

Skiles is having them move and look good on offense and fiesty on defense. A increased effort and renewed energy and committment to professionalism and playing to win has seem to return.

There has been some progress made like in New Jersey. But at the same time, in the end it wil still always come down to TALENT and a winning heart which we lack!

Scott Skiles and his great staff can coach, but they can't suit up...in the end it will come down to GM John Hammond and what he does or does not do.

Too many teams will be bunched too tight for the 6-9 slots. It will come down to who makes the best moves at the deadline.

Toronto, Indiana, Atlanta, hell - even the Bobcats and Bulls!
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#46 » by RayRayJones » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:40 am

Anyone who thinks we had a better team last year than this is just silly.

Simmons --> RJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mo ---> Luke

No way were we a better team last year.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#47 » by wichmae » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:58 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
emunney wrote:Guess the Bucks are in trouble if you're not excited. I do forgive you, though.

Excited about what....exactly? I dont like the team, but they are playing better ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE COACHED BETTER.

Last year's team was better from top to bottom and deeper. And if they had left that team alone and brought everyone back with Scott Skiles they would be a very good team in the East right now.

Perhaps a top 6 team right now in the East overally because they had better players but did not play right with the wrong coach. ESPECIALLY REDD! And they were not held accountable from Redd on down.

They have a gaping hole at PF and PG as Ridnour is a backup who is playing well like Steve Blake is in Portland but will not get it done on a very good team starting.

Portland is another team that should have brought back Steve Francis if he can get healthy...just as the Bucks should have went after him. Not Memphis.

But what is to be 'excited' about. I will get excited when Joe Alexander beccomes a force and we get another scorer in the backcourt and make Redd and Bogut more willing and better passers.

Skiles is having them move and look good on offense and fiesty on defense. A increased effort and renewed energy and committment to professionalism and playing to win has seem to return.

There has been some progress made like in New Jersey. But at the same time, in the end it wil still always come down to TALENT and a winning heart which we lack!

Scott Skiles and his great staff can coach, but they can't suit up...in the end it will come down to GM John Hammond and what he does or does not do.

Too many teams will be bunched too tight for the 6-9 slots. It will come down to who makes the best moves at the deadline.

Toronto, Indiana, Atlanta, hell - even the Bobcats and Bulls!

IM apologize to everyone else for reading my post but I just have to again say it.
MBBOT your friggin clueless man. Seriously do me a favor and burn your computer...really seriously...

or just stop posting here. The world would be a better place....
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#48 » by fam3381 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:01 am

This thread got me thinking a bit about what it would take for the Bucks to again disappoint...anyway, I took a look at some of our recent good starts/bad finishes for some historical context:

http://www.brewhoop.com/2008/12/26/7019 ... -the-bucks
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#49 » by power4wardjinx » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:42 pm

Almost there with some belief but they haven't beaten anybody and Bogut can't get healthy. It's too soon to say they'll make it, even if Toronto continues to flop. They did a nice job in Miami but Haslem played, what 5 mins? THe Heat will probably get that one back in Milwaukee. A win against Detroit at home and playing well in Texas will help the faith.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx

Return to Milwaukee Bucks