Bucks-Bobcats Postgame thread 1-2-2009

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,326

Re: Bucks-Bobcats Postgame thread 1-2-2009 

Post#21 » by El Duderino » Sat Jan 3, 2009 6:47 am

midranger wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Great win. Just got done watching the second half after I went out at halftime. Redd played within the offense and didn't force anything. RJ was crap early, but his shot came around. Even though it was garbage time it was nice seeing CV take it to the rim more.

Potsie, well I still don't see anything from him. Not only did he miss, he missed REALLY badly. He is a shorter version of Gadz. My Haislip comparison continues to look good. The only player on JA's level was stick leg man and Morrison.

People here wanted to commit me when I said JA had the chance to be the worst rotation player in the NBA ala Morrison. It will be hard for me to claim victory as he's now fallen out of the rotation completely, but he certainly hasn't been very good in the minutes that he has played.

I share a lot of the same concerns others have about Alexander, but at least in his case compared to Morrison, Alexander has great athletic ability so we can have some hope that it translates into something later on. Morrison on the other hand is not only a terrible basketball player, he has little to no athletic ability. There literally is nothing left with Morrison for the 8 Bobcat fans out there to hope he greatly can improve on. He's to slow to defend, he can't run the floor, he can't create his own shot, he's simply a lost cause and goofy looking to top things off.

Alexander on the other hand looks utterly lost on the court almost at all times, like the last kid picked in a pick up game. He though at least is silly athletic, which allows him to run the floor, block some shots, and sink some jumpers by getting crazy elevation. Obviously Joe needs tons of refinement to his game and that's being kind, refinement that may never come. That crazy athletic ability though still leaves me with a few glimmers of hope that he can learn to become a really good defender that also is a demon running the floor, along with making some jumpers here and there.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#22 » by midranger » Sat Jan 3, 2009 6:52 am

Certainly. Morrison will always be the worst of the worst.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#23 » by jerrod » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:02 am

what are the minimum mpg to qualify as a rotation player?
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#24 » by midranger » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:11 am

I'd say 12+ without any DNPs. A consistent quarter per game makes you a pretty big part of the team.

However, I'd bet most guys who play in every game for a team, play much more than 12 minutes on average.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by BDUB_30 » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:25 am

one of the problems im having with joe , in the very limited time ive seen him , is he is extremely mechanical . He telegraphs everything he does out there , theirs like very little fluidity almost like a robot . Id like to see him loosen up out there hes playing on a level "tight" wouldnt give justice to ..

Its hard to make to many determinations about joes game , we really havent seen much and the simple fact that hes playing soo tight further skewes that . I am growing a bit more skeptical of the pick , i must admit . I enjoy watcing new talent and it sucks our lottery pick simply isnt playing ball cause i wanted to watch him .

The question for me is a bit deeper then joe alexander . Lets just say for conversations sake . The nets picked JA , and the bucks picked Lopez .. Does Lopez break into a skiles rotation ? I seriously doubt it , for the simple fact skiles has insane standards ( good for the teams performance ). Brook Lopez has had some 5+ turnover games , and just some awefull shooting nights , personaly i could see Lopez not getting any pt year one in a skiles coached team . On the other side of the coin , does JA break into the nets lineup ?... who knows for sure because we really dont know how bad JA really is , or how far off i should say . But personaly i think he does because their really not playing to win and just interested in developing talent . This line of thinking is really neither here nor there , but imo , its worth concidering .

Out of all the players drafted after Joe , whos really seeing pt in a skiles coached team ?.. Not many IMO . Were seeing ramon getting buried right now for young rookie mistakes . and to some degree , skiles has problems with moute as well . Look at the game logs of moute over the past 8 games . His role currently is shrinking . Point being , is their is outside factors outside of JA that are influning heavily .. coaching style is without a doubt one ..
TotalPackage
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#26 » by TotalPackage » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:37 am

REDD-hot22 wrote:Milwaukee Coach Scott Skiles:

On Michael Redd’s performance ...
“Tonight he had a hot hand and you’ve all seen that before. He’s a very, very good shooter. We know that. We’ve asked a lot of Michael so far this year and he’s done it. We’ve asked him to not only guard his individual man but be involved in our team defensive concept. He’s become a way above average defender for us.”

I knew he improved defensively thus far this season, but i did not think SKiles considered him as a WAY above average defender....interesting.

If I'm not mistaked Redd was actually known coming out of College as predominantly a defender.... so it's not that he doesn't have the ability because he got drafted because of his defence. What does that then say about his play in the last few years that he has not even bothered trying on defence.... and that it's taken the threat of a trade to wake him up.
After 2 years of trying to register for this website.... I can finally get on!!!
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#27 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:50 am

So my thoughts from the game:

-Redd was unconscious, played within the offense, and was rather good defensively as well. Didn't do much in the second half, but wasn't needed because...

-CV was great to finish this game off. He still is a black hole offensively, but on a team that needs scoring, his points are needed.

-Bogut just looked like he was writhing in pain after taking that charge early in the game. Clearly bothered by his back.

-Sessions must be in real deep s*** if Lue gets in the game before him and plays like that.
-Jefferson was better as the game went along when he started to go with the flow in the offensive and not try to create his own shot.

-Crowd was pretty decent, but the biggest cheer came for MJ, which is all well and good except for few remembering he was about to buy (and move) this team. When everyone was clapping I shouted "You have a horrible team."

-Speaking of that team...the Bobcats confuse me. They need a scorer, but traded Richardson away. Gerald Wallace was giving both Jefferson and Redd hell in the first half despite only having 9 points, but he barely touched the ball in the second. I was stun they didn't give him the ball everytime down the floor. I'm also stun DJ Augustin isn't starting for them yet. When he was in the game his speed gave the Bucks issues and he got to the hoop with relative ease almost every possession. Diaw is a decent fit for them, Okafor couldn't do anything against a broken Bogut, Gadzuric or Elson. Matt Carroll shouldn't be in the NBA, and why on earth were Okafor, Diaw and Augustin still in the game with about 4 minutes to go?

-My father and I got two seats in the SeeJoeDunk sections with no issues at all, not sure what that BC lady was talking about on the phone. When buying them, my father wasn't sure of the name of the discount and asked the ticket woman for two tickets in the Joe Must Dunk section. That became a running joke as the night went along, and if you were in the vicinity of Section 400, you may have heard us shouting that.

-Dodgeball at halftime...what a fantastic idea that was...

-This was my first game attending this season and was actually semi-surprised with the concourses at the BC. Walking through the halls I actually felt like I was in "The Home Of The Bucks" and not "The Building In Which The Bucks Happen To Play In"

-Eric was bad, emphasized random words, said an out-of-bounds ball was Charlotte's when it was blatantly Milwaukee's, wasn't paying attention and had to ask the official scorer who scored for the Bobcats at one point (It was Raymond Felton, Eric). And are three in-game hosts necessary?

-Wow, that's a lot. Anyways, a dominant win, and I would hope the Bucks should be able to take care of business tomorrow night, though I expect the game to be closer.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#28 » by Jez2983 » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:53 am

TotalPackage wrote:

“Tonight he had a hot hand and you’ve all seen that before. He’s a very, very good shooter. We know that. We’ve asked a lot of Michael so far this year and he’s done it. We’ve asked him to not only guard his individual man but be involved in our team defensive concept. He’s become a way above average defender for us.”

I knew he improved defensively thus far this season, but i did not think SKiles considered him as a WAY above average defender....interesting.

If I'm not mistaked Redd was actually known coming out of College as predominantly a defender.... so it's not that he doesn't have the ability because he got drafted because of his defence. What does that then say about his play in the last few years that he has not even bothered trying on defence.... and that it's taken the threat of a trade to wake him up.

This argument has been made before. In college, against lesser competition, Michael may have been an OK defender. In the NBA, he is average at best.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#29 » by ClassicJack » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:53 am

TotalPackage wrote:

Redd has never been a defender. Coming out of college he was a scorer. He played solid team defense at Ohio State, which is not difficult on the college level with good players around you. There was just question whether he can score on an NBA level. Developing the jumper made him an NBA scorer but nobody ever looked at Redd as being predominantly a defender.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#30 » by crkone » Sat Jan 3, 2009 8:37 am

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#31 » by crkone » Sat Jan 3, 2009 8:49 am

So.... Thoughts from the gizzzame....

Redd was unstoppable. I was constantly yelling to just give the ball to Redd cause nobody was stopping him. Bogut wasn't anything special on the offensive end, but nobody was entering the paint while he was there. Gatorade and Limon is good together. Charlotte just blows.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks