ImageImage

OT: Bloody Hot!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Re: OT: Bloody Hot! 

Post#61 » by paul » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:28 am

It's 44 here now (111 F) and the power just went out at my house for about two hours, meaning the AC went out. The house temp went from 25 to 32 in that time. Yuck. Fortunately due to the power going out I couldn't work so decided to spend about an hour in the pool....
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,723

Post#62 » by msiris » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:34 am

trwi7 wrote:I think it flows towards Lake Huron and the Straits of Mackinac, which would mean it flows north. :)
No its not quite that simple. Yes that
force is greater on the eastern Great Lakes than it is on say on Lake Michigan. Its there, but the winds prevail mostly from the north create a 2nd current along the shorelines to the south while in the middle its more to the north. So Lake Michigan has two main currents. Consider it like a big eddie. Of the course the extra volume of water from snowfall and rain flows to the Atlantic since we are higher than sea level. Otherwise there would be no Milwaukee and we would not be complaining about the Bucks. :D
Ride the tank
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#63 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:38 am

Well we did swim on an actual beach with people, so I think they would've closed the beach if they thought the nuclear plant was doing anything to the water.

Side note. Maybe we should start typing nucular plant for the people who still think it's pronounced nucular. :D

My dad called it nucular and a lulzed at him.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,723

Post#64 » by msiris » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:51 am

trwi7 wrote:Well we did swim on an actual beach with people, so I think they would've closed the beach if they thought the nuclear plant was doing anything to the water.

Side note. Maybe we should start typing nucular plant for the people who still think it's pronounced nucular. :D

My dad called it nucular and a lulzed at him.
You do not have to worry about warm water discharge. :D Its just water that was used to keep the reactor from over heating. Its really warm and it really attracts fish like crazy. I can remember fishing right next to one in March and taking our waders off and sticking our feet in the water to warm them up. Its was 70 right next to the discharge and ice was down the road. Warm water discharges are perfectly safe.
Ride the tank
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#65 » by icat2000 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:42 am

I want cold. Heat is oppressive. Heat without aC. Worse. Heat with a train system where the train only come evry fourty minutes. Very Bad. Heat where the whole power system can't cope cause too many AC's. Bushfires. Heat. Still Hot. Very hot.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks