ImageImage

TI: Bucks and Spurs

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

TI: Bucks and Spurs 

Post#1 » by raferfenix » Sun Feb 8, 2009 3:04 am

There are reports going out that the Spurs are interested in Vince Carter. If that is the case, I would assume that they would also be interested in RJ if that falls through, and I think this would be the kind of deal the Bucks would go for (and even if you disagree, at least it's a new scenario to discuss other than a potential Blazers deal):

Bucks trade: Richard Jefferson, Francisco Elson

Spurs trade: Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas, Roger Mason Jr., Jacque Vaughn, future first

This deal doesn't do much for us in terms of young players or real valuable picks, but we definitely cut a ton of cap. Just as importantly I think Hammond/Skiles would be extremely interested in grabbing great defenders like Bowen and Thomas, as even if they are over the hill their example would and veteran leadership would really help our young guys.

Thoughts?
RamonSessions
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: TI: Bucks and Spurs 

Post#2 » by RamonSessions » Sun Feb 8, 2009 3:07 am

No way the Spurs trade Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas & Mason Jr. to us...................................................... for Richard Jefferson........

I'd be interested in this deal, however........ they seriously wouldn't do this. What's the incentive?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#3 » by raferfenix » Sun Feb 8, 2009 3:13 am

RamonSessions wrote:No way the Spurs trade Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas & Mason Jr. to us...................................................... for Richard Jefferson........

I'd be interested in this deal, however........ they seriously wouldn't do this. What's the incentive?

They need a talent infusion if they are going to keep up with the improvements the Celtics/Lakers/Cavs/Magic have been making amidst age showing it's toll on their core. Bowen only plays 20 minutes a night for them and Kurt Thomas only plays 16.

Vince Carter--despite all the extra years on his contract--is probably more valuable than RJ, but if they are willing to give up that kind of package for him why would this deal be so unlikely? RJ's lack of ego and history dogging it in comparison to Vince are big points in his favor, and with the best shot at a championship in years he'd really up his game to go for the big one.
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#4 » by apdamico » Sun Feb 8, 2009 5:37 am

Spurs are looking for a floor-streching big man and that's only means interest in CV. Spurs are going after Rasheed Wallace this summer, they aren't going to take on contracts!

Just trade RJ to Portland for LaFrentz and a cookie and do it now before he gets injured!
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks