ImageImage

The Ramon Hype Sessions...Must Stop.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Re: The Ramon Hype Sessions...Must Stop. 

Post#81 » by skones » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:56 am

I'm not a Sessions guy, but I am watching closely at his play to see if he improves in the areas which I don't particularly like. I don't like his defense and I don't like the way he runs the team. I feel he dribbles dribbles dribbles all the while scanning the floor instead of running a play and promoting ball movement.

With that being said, I liked the things he was doing defensively tonight, he didn't give up a whole lot, his hands were active, and he was generally in solid position to make a play. I liked what I saw and will use the rest of the season to make my decision on whether i think we should resign him come the offseason.

With that out of the way, you simply CANNOT discount the things Sessions is doing now. If this team somehow finishes with around 34 or 35 wins you'd be hard pressed to look at Sessions as a guy who can lead a team to victories. Our team is in shambles. You have Bogut, Redd, and Ridnour out for lengthy periods of time and no bench to speak of. You can ignore it if you want, but Sessions played a large role in our two wins against Toronto and Atlanta, he almost single handedly beat Detroit, and he led this team to a victory against good team out West in Houston. Three out of those four teams are fighting for a home court slot in their respective conferences. The game against New Jersey WAS a mess for pretty much everyone involved except for RJ so I won't be too harsh there.

I'll take a brief look at last April where Sessions had his run and turned quite a few heads around the league. You can say teams had nothing to play for if you want, that they were garbage games, but it's not true for all of them. WE had nothing to play for, WE were playing the spoiler. Indiana certainly had an outside shot at the playoffs during April. In those two games he posted 9.5 points 3.5 rebounds and 8.5 assists. While those numbers are not overwhelming, they are solid. You look at Sessions's game against Washington in which he posted 8 points 2 rebounds and 8 assists and a game winning three. We certainly had nothing to play for, but Washington certainly was jostling for playoff position. They finished a mere two games behind Cleveland, take that game and win one more later on in the month and the Wizards could have been looking at an entirely different ball game in the playoffs. You've got Sessions game against Toronto. He posted 6 points 4 rebounds and 10 assists. He shot poorly in that game, but Toronto was another team fighting for the playoffs. When Chris Bosh plays 40 minutes in the contest, you know the game mattered to that team. Four out of those 10 games in April mattered. With that being said, he performed pretty well in those games for a guy who had spent a large part of his rookie season playing in the d-league.

In looking at this season, everyone had something to play for during the month of November (Where he put up some pretty impressive numbers) and there are A LOT of teams with something to play for for the remainder of the season. These teams are going to do their best to slow him down. As GAD said, when a guy drops 40 one night, you can damn well better expect that the next opponent is going to be playing A TON of attention to that guy. Houston just didn't get it done against him, FLAT OUT. Teams in the playoff hunt will be keying on Sessions for the remainder of the season. If he somehow manages to keep doing what he's been doing the last 8 games or so, it means the guy can flat out play. Those numbers won't be hollow.

I personally think he's a very very talented kid. The bigger question is whether he fits with what we have.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#82 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:43 am

As much as this forum rarely if ever comes close to a consensus on ANYTHING, it appears BDUB has managed to inspire harmony in our forum as everyone unites against his shenanigans that have been in particular full effect the past few days on the Sessions topic :lol:

P.S. Good post skones.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,777

Post#83 » by Ayt » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:51 am

BDUB in October:

BDUB_30 wrote:
I have no problem admiting when im wrong bro , i may argue / debate agressive but im not ignorant . I was arguing heavily in favor of starting malik allen over cv for luke , i admited how wrong i turned out to be . Cv has been amazing and i was clearly wrong .

When or if sessions plays big ( and thats not defined by a box score ) ill be the first one to admit it.

Sure.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#84 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:14 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:I feel like we just had this discussion in the Sessions' market value thread

Exactly. This is the exact same thread as that one. And one is enough, even for a future hall of famer 8-)
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks