ImageImage

Trade Idea: Indiana/Milwaukee- deal of unappealing deals

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Trade Idea: Indiana/Milwaukee- deal of unappealing deals 

Post#1 » by JoeHova » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:04 pm

Ok, there has been a lot of talk about how having a good backup for Ramon is key. Considering that Ramon appears to be a guy we want to play 35-40 minutes per night, that would only leave 8-13 minutes needed out of a backup.

Meanwhile, Ridnour is possibly keeping the Bucks from being able to re-sign Ramon in the first place. So, what if the Bucks could deal a bad contract for a PG who could take Ridnour's place and then deal Ridnour for an expiring? That may be more feasible than dealing Jefferson, whose contract is twice the size of Rdnour's and runs a year longer.

My idea is to trade Gadzuric to Indiana for Tinsley. Indiana is desperately trying to move Tinsley, who has not suited up for them this season. However, he's been an average-ish PG throughout his career. Gadzuric meanwhile, is better than nothing (which they've been getting from Tinsley) for Indiana and his deal is half a million cheaper per year than Tinsley's. Both guys have 2 years after this on their deals.

Would Indiana be interested? I don't know. It saves them over $1 million over the course of the deals and gives them a guy who is not a cancer and who will accept a bench role.

As for the Bucks, obviously this would be something to do if Ridnour is able to be moved (Nesterovic and Ridnour added into the deal also works, but I don't think Indiana wants to take on the extra year of Ridnour's deal).
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: Trade Idea: Indiana/Milwaukee- deal of unappealing deals 

Post#2 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Would Tinsley really be an upgrade over Eddie Gill? Maybe on his reputation as a player, but what about his reputation as a person?

Nobody should be concerned about who Sessions' backup will be for next season. Be concerned about moving Ridnour, Jefferson, Bell, or Gadzuric for cap space.

If the Bucks have proven one thing over the last 20 years, it's that they can always find decent bench guards on the scrap heap or in the 2nd round.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by blueedwards » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:27 pm

I think we all had a few Pacer deals in the Ridnour Gadz thread. Think there was one on my unprotected first and Gadz thread to. But I would do a smaller deal with Thunder. Bell for Robert Swift. Nothing spectacular.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#4 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:27 pm

I really don't think it's relevant at all who is backing up who next year. As long as we can keep Sessions and CV along with LRMAM and Bogut, we can figure out everything else in the next couple years. Any other moves should just be looking to clear salary or obtain more young talent.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#5 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:40 pm

I can't see Hammond interested in Tinsley.

I mean, besides his contract..can the guy even play anymore? What level?
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#6 » by JoeHova » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:48 pm

I agree that a backup for Ramon is not the most pressing need.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#7 » by apdamico » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Expiring contracts should be all Hammond is looking for right now and if a younger player comes back in return, that's a plus!
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#8 » by blueedwards » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:48 pm

JoeHova wrote:I agree that a backup for Ramon is not the most pressing need.

I agree. Even if that Portland trade goes through. Rodriguez will be ok off the pine for 10-15 minutes behind Sessions. If he stumbles then we see some Jones. :wink:
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#9 » by Nowak008 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:14 pm

:nod:

I'm driving this bandwagon, Hov you can ride shot gun with GAD and I.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks