Bucks@Sixers Postgame

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Bucks@Sixers Postgame 

Post#1 » by Buck You » Fri Apr 3, 2009 1:50 am

If we lose out we'll lose 50+ games for the third straight year and for the 4th time in 5 seasons. Wow.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,264

Re: Bucks@Sixers Postgame 

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 1:50 am

Good loss. Keep the heat on Jersey/Toronto/Indy.
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#3 » by Scoops » Fri Apr 3, 2009 1:52 am

Going to miss Charlie.
Go Bucks!
ReddManBogieMan
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by ReddManBogieMan » Fri Apr 3, 2009 2:05 am

I was just going to post the same thing scoops. The way he playing it tells me that he wants to stay with the bucks very badly because no other team is going to want to pay a player big bucks that can't put out consistently during garbage time minutes. 2 boards and 11 points, while Sessions plays solid/to very well. Goodbye Charlie. See you next year when you play the bucks while you're on a different team. Maybe you'll score 48 points again and sucker someone in to overpaying for a long deal. What a disappointment.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#5 » by aboveAverage » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:26 am

This is good for us. This is why Charlie WON'T get a big contract. I'm willing to have him for cheap even with his inconsistencies. I still think he's worth his money when he plays well.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#6 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Apr 3, 2009 6:42 am

That win at New Jersey is going to be costly, so irrelevant. Even with CV's down stretch, I'd still have no problem giving him a 3 year deal for whatever his discounted price is. If this franchise used some sense and stopped striving for mediocrity, they'd realize that CV, and all young talented cheap players (Sessions, Luc, our first (or someone else's), Joe), are more valuable long term pieces. Give me CV at his deal over the Jefferson/Ridnour combo any day. Hammond Handcuff FTW.

Just a hunch..CV and Sessions will manage to flip roles again in these final games as they continue to baffle buyers on the market.
Go Bucks!
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by Neapolitan Buck » Fri Apr 3, 2009 2:31 pm

To lose is better for us, there's no doubt about that, but I want us to win one more just to avoid another 50-loss season. It doesn't change the season, but I can't stand anither 50 in the loss column.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#8 » by trwi7 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 2:45 pm

49, 50, 48, does it really matter?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,264

Post#9 » by LUKE23 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 2:46 pm

trwi7 wrote:49, 50, 48, does it really matter?

Yes, we need to change the culture.
ReddManBogieMan
Senior

Post#10 » by ReddManBogieMan » Fri Apr 3, 2009 6:12 pm

I know you are joking Luke but going from 26–56 to 32-45 so far, and with significantly more games without starters, I think this years team although not going .500 it still has changed culture of losing and accepting losing games after the All-Star game like the previous 2 seasons and others over the years.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,073

Post#11 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Apr 3, 2009 6:59 pm

trwi7 wrote:49, 50, 48, does it really matter?

Could be the difference for gamblers. I don't recall but I thought the over/under for Bucks wins was around 34 or 35.

Can tell by the 1 page of the post game thread that the season has become irrelevant.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#12 » by InsideOut » Fri Apr 3, 2009 7:18 pm

ReddManBogieMan wrote:I know you are joking Luke but going from 26–56 to 32-45 so far, and with significantly more games without starters, I think this years team although not going .500 it still has changed culture of losing and accepting losing games after the All-Star game like the previous 2 seasons and others over the years.

All the culture in the world is meaningless without talent. Bring in the talent (like Boston) and the culture will take care of itself.
ReddManBogieMan
Senior

Post#13 » by ReddManBogieMan » Fri Apr 3, 2009 9:37 pm

InsideOut wrote:
ReddManBogieMan wrote:I know you are joking Luke but going from 26–56 to 32-45 so far, and with significantly more games without starters, I think this years team although not going .500 it still has changed culture of losing and accepting losing games after the All-Star game like the previous 2 seasons and others over the years.

All the culture in the world is meaningless without talent. Bring in the talent (like Boston) and the culture will take care of itself.

Regardless of players, the new regime changed the attitude with roughly the same players and way more injuries and people (fans and players) are witnessing different basketball in Milwaukee. Unfortunately Hammond has to take out a lot of Harris' trash before he can add players (like KG and Ray Allen). That is the next step.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#14 » by JoeHova » Fri Apr 3, 2009 9:48 pm

InsideOut wrote:All the culture in the world is meaningless without talent. Bring in the talent (like Boston) and the culture will take care of itself.

A-****ing-men.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#15 » by InsideOut » Fri Apr 3, 2009 9:49 pm

ReddManBogieMan wrote:
InsideOut wrote:

Regardless of players, the new regime changed the attitude with roughly the same players and way more injuries and people (fans and players) are witnessing different basketball in Milwaukee. Unfortunately Hammond has to take out a lot of Harris' trash before he can add players (like KG and Ray Allen). That is the next step.

The problem is Hammond should have started taking it out right away instead of bringing in even more overpaid trash.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#16 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Apr 3, 2009 9:57 pm

ReddManBogieMan wrote:
InsideOut wrote:

I feel like I'm talking to a 4th grader sometimes.

Redd for Lafrentz and change
RJ for Wally
Mo for Smith/Damon Jones

Add picks into any of those deals...we probably could have gotten some

TRASH TAKEN OUT.

By 2011 we could have a number of draft picks with a ton of cap space. Let's say we have Alexander this year, Thabeet(with the 4th pick from gutting our roster), and some other talented guy in the next draft. Even a guy or two in the traded picks we got from Cleveland or maybe Portland.

We could trade JA, Thabeet, other guy, 2 future firsts, and Charlie Bell and absorb Kevin Garnett(or Amare in comparison since Garnett might not be in his prime at that point).

In our new method? We'll have lower lottery picks and won't have as many draft picks. We may have to trade this year's pick away.

In 2011 we may have large expirings to deal, but we will have no assets. Instead of getting a Garnett or an Amare we are going to have to get a "damaged goods" guy like Brand, Redd, or RJ.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks