ImageImage

Jennings Point Total Last Night

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Jennings Point Total Last Night 

Post#1 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:09 pm

I am sure this was discussed in the game thread but what the hell happened to two of the points Jennings scored last night?

I have never seen this happen before.

Discuss.....
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Re: Jennings Point Total Last Night 

Post#2 » by Simulack » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:11 pm

Apparently his second basket was erroneously credited to Kurt Thomas. He was listed with 2 points at the half when he should have had 4.

Hopefully Adam's lawsuit will force them to adjust Jennings' box score to the correct totals.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#3 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Somebody yelled bank to Chuck Woolery right after he made it, carries over for tonight's game.

I am not sure what you are referring to actually.
Go Bucks!
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#4 » by Mags FTW » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:23 pm

MFScho wrote:Somebody yelled bank to Chuck Woolery right after he made it

Big money, no whammies. Big money, no whammies.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd STOP!
Simulack
RealGM

Post#5 » by Simulack » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm

I think it was this basket in the second quarter they got wrong:

5:58 Kurt Thomas makes 17-foot jumper

They even showed highlights at half of Jennings make two first half shots yet he had only been credited with 2 points.

Kurt Thomas and Jennings are spitting images of one another so it is an understandable mistake.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Yep it was definitely in the first half. Will this get fixed? How does this happen?
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#7 » by Mags FTW » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Simulack wrote:Kurt Thomas and Jennings are spitting images of one another so it is an understandable mistake.

Yeah. Brian McKnight gets credited with Antonio McDyess' buckets all the time.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#8 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:49 pm

The really messed up thing is how the sportscasters entered the second half talking about how Jennings had only made one basket, as if they didn't watch the first half at all. I am very curious about how this works - especially because it isn't the first time Jennings has been robbed of a stat.

Does anybody remember which game Jennings did a short kickout to Ersan behind the three point line, a little left of center, and wasn't credited for the assist? It was one of the first games.

We need to start tracking this stuff, especially if we can pin down the video proof.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:02 pm

It should be easy to pin down his points last night.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#10 » by Simulack » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:04 pm

If anyone who can replay the game can confirm it was that second quarter basket that was wrongly credited to Kurt Thomas, that would be great.

I fired off a couple of emails to Bucks media people but am not really sure how we can go about getting this corrected. As a person who has consistently defended stat-based approaches to the game rather than solely relying on just impressions formed while watching a game, it is a little disconcerting they apparently don't even get the stats right.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:05 pm

It is embarrassing that the sportscasters couldn't figure out his point total considering Jennings was one of the main topics last night.

I wonder what we can do about it.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#12 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:14 pm

I'm pretty sure the uncredited assist was against Minnesota or Chicago. If only we could search, I know I complained about it in the game thread.
Desmond24
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by Desmond24 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Now I'm all for Jennings getting all the points he scored - that's how it should be. But we shouldn't be surprised when sportscasters get it wrong. They are like reporters. They predetermine what they want to talk about and sometimes don't even pay attention to the game they are calling. I'm sure they just read the statline saying Jennings had 2 points and went with it. If you would have snuck in a sheet saying Jennings had 16 points, it might have taken them a while to figure it out.
Officially on Brandon Jennings ROY bandwagon
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,785

Post#14 » by Ayt » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:18 pm

This happens all the time though not usually with points. Rebounds get credited wrongly. Ersan blocked a couple shots last night but didn't get credited with one. Assists are given when they probably shouldn't be then easy ones are missed.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#15 » by Simulack » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Ayt wrote:This happens all the time though not usually with points. Rebounds get credited wrongly. Ersan blocked a couple shots last night but didn't get credited with one. Assists are given when they probably shouldn't be then easy ones are missed.

Yeah, I was just going to say that I can understand it happening with assists as those are a somewhat subjective determination. But it is inexcusable to credit a basket to a 6-9 geriatric when it was made by a 20 year old player who stands 6-1 and happens to be heavily tattooed.

I blame Redd. If the Bucks highest ppg average is going to be taken from him, he is at least going to go down fighting.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,785

Post#16 » by Ayt » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:32 pm

I remember a few years ago Mo and Bell were on the court in the final minute of a close game and a 3 pointer was credited to Bell instead of Mo. I don't believe it was ever corrected. Mo actually hit the shot assisted by Bell, but they had it mixed with Mo assisting Bell.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:34 pm

I wrote an email to Charles Gardner. I will keep everyone updated.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#18 » by Simulack » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:37 pm

I sent emails out to Gery Woelfel and Sparky earlier this morning.

My girlfriend was lamenting the fact that I am too disinterested to spend even five minutes working on a resume or writing a letter to a prospective employer but will immediately start firing off emails to media people if a Bucks players has an incorrect box score.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Simulack wrote:I sent emails out to Gery Woelfel and Sparky earlier this morning.

My girlfriend was lamenting the fact that I am too disinterested to spend even five minutes working on a resume or writing a letter to a prospective employer but will immediately start firing off emails to media people if a Bucks players has an incorrect box score.

Well this is clearly more important.

I guess I can understand to a certain extent Mo and Bell getting mixed up on an assist/shot scenario, but Jennings get mixed up with Kurt Thomas where he drove off a pick and roll to hit a jumper seems beyond inexcusable.

I still don't understand how this happened in a professional sport.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#20 » by ACGB » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:50 pm

I knew I wasn't crazy and that he made two jumpers in the first half last night.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks