ImageImage

Poll: What Move will Hammond Make by the Break?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Which move do you think GM Hammond is most likely to make before/by the trade deadline?

A major move (ie trading Redd, Bogut, etc.)
7%
A minor move (ie trading Alexander, Bell, etc.)
42%
A very minor move (ie trading Elson, Thomas, etc.)
19%
More than one move made
7%
No move made
24%

Total votes: 83

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Re: Poll: What Move will Hammond Make by the Break? 

Post#141 » by europa » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:14 pm

MouteKicksBoute wrote:You are not a supporter of bringing Ersan to Milwaukee if you supported re-signing Sessions. End of story.

Given how the Bucks could have afforded to have both players on this team and given the fact they don't play the same position I'm not sure how that statement makes a lick of sense.
Nothing will not break me.
Big Mokeski
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#142 » by Big Mokeski » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 pm

europa wrote:
M. Pemulis wrote:There aren't many superstar-stoppers out there, but we have one, and he more often than not changes the entire game.

I agree he's a very good defender. And I place a high value on that. But I wouldn't put him on Bogut and Jenning's level of importance. I view him and Ilyasova as 3 and 4 behind Bogut's 1A and Jennings' 1B. Just my 2 cents.

I think you guys are close to agreeing, but to the extent there's a difference here, I think Europa is more right. If you think both in terms of replacement costs and value around the league, Bogut and Jennings are more valuable than M&M, who is himself more valuable than Ilyasova. I agree that M&M is a top defender at his position, but he's well below the norm offensively and (I think) around the norm as a rebounder. I think Ilyasova has an interesting mix of talents and a unique style of play, but I don't see him much above replacement value at his position. Bogut and Jennings are both above replacement value and would be much more difficult to replace.
M. Pemulis
Freshman

Post#143 » by M. Pemulis » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Fair enough, Europa. I know you value Bogut's defense. I do as well.

If I had to rank the four I'm probably in agreement with you: Bogut, Jennings, M&M, Ersan.

I think people perceive a significant gap between the Bogut/Jennings core and M&M (this idea of a quasi-core), when in fact I think he has to be considered "core" in the same way we do Bogut/Jennings.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#144 » by LUKE23 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Given how the Bucks could have afforded to have both players on this team and given the fact they don't play the same position I'm not sure how that statement makes a lick of sense.

It's a personal vendetta against me europa. He won't let anything, including facts in all cases, get in his way.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#145 » by Nebula1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:24 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I think if we got another star level player at 2 or 4, you can start LRMAM. I think Ersan could also start if you get a stud wing.

I'm just thinking as an Eastern Conference championship team. I think those 2 guys are 6 and 7 to get to that level. I do think they're a playoff team with those 2 starting with a dynamic 2 guard and solid bench depth.

But in terms of a championship, I think that's the 9-man slot.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,215

Post#146 » by skones » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:26 pm

MouteKicksBoute wrote:

But the great thing is, I don't mind your posts. It gives us Squad 6 members some quality laughs at your expense at the games.

Are you serious? One, just because you are in Squad 6 does not make you better than anyone on this board. Two, just because you are in Squad 6, DOES NOT mean all of them back you.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#147 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:28 pm

europa wrote:
MouteKicksBoute wrote:You are not a supporter of bringing Ersan to Milwaukee if you supported re-signing Sessions. End of story.

Stop applying logic to things that don't make sense. It makes you a fake Bucks fan.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#148 » by Nebula1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:30 pm

skones wrote:
MouteKicksBoute wrote:

But the great thing is, I don't mind your posts. It gives us Squad 6 members some quality laughs at your expense at the games.

Are you serious? One, just because you are in Squad 6 does not make you better than anyone on this board. Two, just because you are in Squad 6, DOES NOT mean all of them back you.

This board can get creepy personal sometimes. I tend to just drift away when it does that. I have far too much going on to fret over that kind of stuff. It's distubing when it gets weird like that.

In the end, almost everyone here is a Bucks fan despite philosophical differences.
europa
RealGM

Post#149 » by europa » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:33 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

It's a personal vendetta against me europa. He won't let anything, including facts in all cases, get in his way.

Ahh. Gotcha. His posts certainly tend to slant toward the bizarre side.
bangostalker
Ballboy

Post#150 » by bangostalker » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
skones wrote:
MouteKicksBoute wrote:

This board can get creepy personal sometimes. I tend to just drift away when it does that. I have far too much going on to fret over that kind of stuff. It's distubing when it gets weird like that.

In the end, almost everyone here is a Bucks fan despite philosophical differences.

creepy personal and creepy pathetic. Seriously, this is the way 8 year olds talk.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#151 » by unklchuk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Somebodies (Johnnie Mac & Paschke?) were talking about M&M enthusiasm for the culture in New Orleans and some other place, perhaps LA. That might mean that M&M will play his rookie contract here, and then pull a Jabbar to relocate to a place where the culture better fits his tastes. I see M&M as the kind of guy who values life outside the court.

If Hammond were to think that, then they might trade him at some point before the rookie contract runs out. (Yes, M&M may like his role here, may like his teammates and coach. Since the NBA season provides a few months for doing anything you want, that might be enough for him to choose Milwaukee. But they talked about how much he loved Preservation Hall (or some such place). He might be the kind of guy who wants to enjoy his favorite culture all year long.
AFAIK, IDKM
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#152 » by LUKE23 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Could we get Randolph if we took on Turiaf (3 years) and Radman (2 years)?

Alexander/Thomas/Warrick/Elson

For

Turiaf/Radman/Randolph
skones
RealGM

Post#153 » by skones » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:41 pm

bangostalker wrote:
creepy personal and creepy pathetic. Seriously, this is the way 8 year olds talk.

Does anyone else find it ironic that a guy named 'bangostalker' is talking about anything creepy? :D
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#154 » by Fight the Tank » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Could we get Randolph if we took on Turiaf (3 years) and Radman (2 years)?

Alexander/Thomas/Warrick/Elson

For

Turiaf/Radman/Randolph

If we could I wouldn't even hesitate, but I really like Randolph.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#155 » by Nebula1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:40 pm

Is Randolph a starter in the League? If not, we've got Ilyasova already. I hope we land a good draft pick and pick a 4.
europa
RealGM

Post#156 » by europa » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:14 pm

skones wrote:
bangostalker wrote:

Does anyone else find it ironic that a guy named 'bangostalker' is talking about anything creepy? :D

I chuckled. :)
skones
RealGM

Post#157 » by skones » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Randolph may not be a starter yet, but he's very young and has the potential to be a very very good player in this league. He's got a variety of skills and would create a lot of matchup problems at both the 3 and 4.
FunnyMan
Freshman

Post#158 » by FunnyMan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:52 pm

skones wrote:Randolph may not be a starter yet, but he's very young and has the potential to be a very very good player in this league. He's got a variety of skills and would create a lot of matchup problems at both the 3 and 4.

I agree. I saw him put up a monster game in the preseason and the length he has along with skills and youth could be a deadly prospect. I know a few players I wouldn't mind swapping for him without hesitation.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#159 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 pm

M. Pemulis wrote:How many times does he have to shut down LeBron, Roy, Kobe, before we acknowledge he's a core piece?
More than once?

Lebron 11/11/08 put 41/5/6 on us, 67% shooting.
Kobe 12/7/08 put 20/8/5 on us, 46% shooting.
Roy 1/19/09 had only 9/6/7 on 31% shooting, but Moute only played 14 minutes that game.
Lebron 2/20/09 put 55/5/9 on us, 55% shooting.
Lebron 3/4/09 put 23/8/4 on us, 64% shooting.
Roy 3/21/09 put 30/8/7 on us, 58% shooting.
Kobe 4/1/09 put 30/8/4 on us, 53% shooting.
Lebron 12/6/09 put 14/5/10 on us, 40% shooting.
Roy 12/12/09 put 23/11/0 on us, 59% shooting

What in the flying **** are you talking about, acting as if he shuts those guys down all the time?
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#160 » by steger_3434 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Not sure where you got those stats, but one that sticks out immediately is the Roy game the other day. He put up 23/8/6 with 4 TO's on 33% shooting.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !

Return to Milwaukee Bucks