Brandon Jennings
31%

Total votes: 74

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

The Best Player on the Bucks? 

Post#1 » by Newz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 am

I saw someone post in another thread that Andrew Bogut will be an all-star if the Bucks continue to surprise and he continues to be the Bucks best player.

While I agree that Bogut is having an all-star type season, I disagree that he is our best player... I think it has been and will continue to be Brandon Jennings.

I am curious what others think on the subject.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,908

Re: The Best Player on the Bucks? 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 am

Best player - Jennings
Most important player - Bogut
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,748

Post#3 » by Serge28 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:57 am

Bogut
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#4 » by steger_3434 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:59 am

I've got to give it to Bogut. Mostly behind this reasoning.

If Jennings has a great game we probably win, but if he has a bad game we don't necessarily lose.

If Bogut has a great game we probably win, but if he has a bad game we surely lose.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#5 » by europa » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:00 am

Best is often subjective. I think Bogut is the most valuable and most important player for the Bucks because he's the only player on the team who makes a significant impact on both ends of the court. The Bucks are better in all phases of the game when Bogut is healthy. I think Jennings is the 1B to Bogut's 1A. I think Jennings gets most of the attention because he's good, he's a rookie and he plays the game with style and he's more of a scorer than Bogut and people love to watch players who can score. Bogut flies under the radar because he isn't as flashy and many of the things he does that are so important aren't sexy - like setting screens, blocking out, making the right rotation on defense etc.
Nothing will not break me.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#6 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:00 am

Right now, this year, Bogut
Newz
Banned User

Post#7 » by Newz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:02 am

steger_3434 wrote:I've got to give it to Bogut. Mostly behind this reasoning.

If Jennings has a great game we probably win, but if he has a bad game we don't necessarily lose.

If Bogut has a great game we probably win, but if he has a bad game we surely lose.

Hm, I guess I agree with this to a certain extent.

But our best streak of the year did come when Brandon Jennings was playing like an MVP candidate. After that our W-L record has taken a significant dive.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#8 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:02 am

I voted Bogut. Jennings has had elite offensive games, and horrible games, but he hasn't yet had many games where he makes an impact on the defensive end. I need to see either consistently great offense (just more of the games he's already shown he can produce), or semi-frequent big impact defensive games along with his inconsistent offense before I'll rank him over Bogut.
europa
RealGM

Post#9 » by europa » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:04 am

Newz wrote:
But our best streak of the year did come when Brandon Jennings was playing like an MVP candidate. After that our W-L record has taken a significant dive.

Bogut was playing extremely well during that start as well. He averaged 19-11 with 2 blocks per game in November. Jennings was getting all the headlines but Bogut's play was damn good then too.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#10 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:06 am

When the Pube is vanquished, its Bogut and its not even close.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#11 » by ReddWing » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:06 am

I am going with Andrew "The Godfather" Bogut.
Newz
Banned User

Post#12 » by Newz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:08 am

europa wrote:
Newz wrote:

Bogut was playing extremely well during that start as well. He averaged 19-11 with 2 blocks per game in November. Jennings was getting all the headlines but Bogut's play was damn good then too.

I agree Bogut was playing well too... But some of those games Jennings was practically winning us single handed.

I won't argue that Bogut isn't our best player, because I can definitely see the argument for it. I just don't see the 'by far' argument.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#13 » by trwi7 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:09 am

Ukic easily.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
europa
RealGM

Post#14 » by europa » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:09 am

I think right now it's clearly Bogut because he does so much on both ends of the court. If Jennings improves his defense and/or becomes an elite PG then I think he'll move up. But right now, Jennings' primary value to this team is offensively as a facilitator and scorer. He's shown he has the talent to be quite good at both. That's why I'm happy the Bucks have both him and Bogut. :)
Newz
Banned User

Post#15 » by Newz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:15 am

europa wrote:I think right now it's clearly Bogut because he does so much on both ends of the court. If Jennings improves his defense and/or becomes an elite PG then I think he'll move up. But right now, Jennings' primary value to this team is offensively as a facilitator and scorer. He's shown he has the talent to be quite good at both. That's why I'm happy the Bucks have both him and Bogut. :)

In my opinion Brandon Jennings is to our offense what Andrew Bogut is to our defense. Without him we would go from a below average offensive team to an awful one... Even with Ridnour playing the way he is. Just like with Andrew Bogut we go from being a very good defensive team to an average one when he is out.

I do agree that Bogut does have the biggest impact in terms of two way play... Simply because Jennings isn't a very good defender yet. I just think that Jennings sets the tone for the team, he carries us for long stretches at times and at the end of the game, he is the guy who is making the plays.
rrravenred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 547
Location: Pulling at the loose threads of arguments since 2006

Post#16 » by rrravenred » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:23 am

Bogut. But that may change if Jennings recovers his shot-selection mojo. Hopefully Skiles will be able to drill this into him and get him working the Pick and Roll with Bogut and Pick and Pop with Illy and (eventually) LRMAM, making him a more dangerous offensive player, even if he's not firing up a long range humper.

If the hoop gods are kind, Bogut won't be the best player by the time the season plays out and we'll be causing some extreme annonyance in the playoffs.
ElGee wrote:You, my friend, have shoved those words into my mouth, which is OK because I'm hungry.

Got fallacy?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,047

Post#17 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:27 am

skiles has repeatedly stated his answer is ridnour. statiscally, based on per, ridnour backs it up.

overall talent = jennings
overall impact = bogut because we dont have a post-up game or rebounding without him

but best player based on sheer performance has been ridnour.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#18 » by Epicurus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:36 am

Ghost (and Skiles) win--Ridnour is best contributor thus far. I doubt if it will stay that way by midseason, however. But for now, game in and game out, no one is doing better.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#19 » by steger_3434 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:39 am

How's life on the Dallas board Epi?
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#20 » by Epicurus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:43 am

steger_3434 wrote:How's life on the Dallas board Epi?

Your point?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks