Adelman cries, Bucks LOL

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,083

Adelman cries, Bucks LOL 

Post#1 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

HOUSTON (AP) -- Houston Rockets coach Rick Adelman criticized the NBA on Monday for setting up an "utterly ridiculous" schedule for his team that includes four back-to-back games over the next two weeks.

The Rockets face Detroit at home on Tuesday, then must fly to Denver to play the first-place Nuggets on Wednesday. They visit Dallas on Friday and return home to face Oklahoma City on Saturday -- then have to play two games on consecutive nights twice more during Christmas week.

"We have a horrendous stretch here," Adelman said. "I don't know if the league really understands that they gave us four straight back-to-backs. It's awful."

Houston plays the Los Angeles Clippers at home on Dec. 22 and Orlando on the road on Dec. 23, followed by road games against New Jersey (Dec. 26) and Cleveland (Dec. 27).

"It's utterly ridiculous," Adelman said. "But that's the schedule we have, it's just the way it is and we're just going to have to respond to it."

Adelman said the schedule gives his team little time to practice, and even less time to spend with their families for the holiday.

"Every team should have a chance where they're home a little bit," he said. "We have no chance. This is the most ridiculous schedule I've ever seen."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/b ... z0Zjm4TDGr
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

Are you **** kidding me?

Maybe he should check this schedule out to start the season before he bitches.

Four times the Rockets go back to back in 23 days.

Last season the Bucks went back to back seven times in the same time span.

Nut up, Rick.
RamonSessions
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Adelman cries, Bucks LOL 

Post#2 » by RamonSessions » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you strap on your rainbow sail

emit shards of a screaming halo
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#3 » by LUKE23 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 pm

This is the kind of garbage the NBA is starting to enable by turning the game into a pussified version of itself (superstar calls, ticky tack calls, cut down on physical play, etc).
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by Fight the Tank » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:50 pm

It really goes to show how ridiculous that Bucks schedule was last year.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Neapolitan Buck » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:57 pm

Bogutneedsball wrote:It really goes to show how ridiculous that Bucks schedule was last year.

That was because they don't care about us at all.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#6 » by Nebula1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:12 pm

To be fair, they shouldn't schedule an uneven amout of back to back games. Every team should play the same amount and ideally would only play a b2b against a team also playing a b2b.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#7 » by LUKE23 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Nebula1 wrote:To be fair, they shouldn't schedule an uneven amout of back to back games. Every team should play the same amount and ideally would only play a b2b against a team also playing a b2b.

I'd have to look at it closer, but my initial thought is that that would be pretty much impossible to accomplish.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#8 » by Nebula1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:18 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:To be fair, they shouldn't schedule an uneven amout of back to back games. Every team should play the same amount and ideally would only play a b2b against a team also playing a b2b.

I'd have to look at it closer, but my initial thought is that that would be pretty much impossible to accomplish.

It would be really difficult to have teams always land on b2b on the same days, but equalizing the total shouldn't be. Fatigue is a real variable and the League should try to be as fair as possible on this front.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,774

Post#9 » by emunney » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:40 pm

If you don't think this is whining, then you are probably whining right now.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#10 » by icat2000 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:32 pm

hahaha. Suck it up, Princess.
emunney
RealGM

Post#11 » by emunney » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:38 pm

MouteKicksBoute wrote:
emunney wrote:If you don't think this is whining, then you are probably whining right now.

Wait, wait, so this is considered whining?

"It's utterly ridiculous," Adelman said. "But that's the schedule we have, it's just the way it is and we're just going to have to respond to it."

Even where he says he's content with the schedule, and they're gonna face it head on? In what part of that article is he whining? Because he used the words "Utterly ridiculous"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys have too much time on your hands. Get back to your labor, this thread makes no sense. If there's something this board does well, it's starting meaningless threads for no reason.

If there's something you do well, you should go do it.
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#12 » by mbucks22 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:39 pm

MouteKicksBoute wrote:
emunney wrote:If you don't think this is whining, then you are probably whining right now.

Wait, wait, so this is considered whining?

Even where he says he's content with the schedule, and they're gonna face it head on? In what part of that article is he whining? Because he used the words "Utterly ridiculous"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys have too much time on your hands. Get back to your labor, this thread makes no sense. If there's something this board does well, it's starting meaningless threads for no reason.

No **** they are "gonna face it head on". What's Adelman gonna do at this point? Refuse to put his team on the court? It's the fact that he's whining about this when the Bucks went through worse last year.

And what the hell is your infatuation with starting crap just for the sake of doing it? Give it a damn rest.
emunney
RealGM

Post#13 » by emunney » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:41 pm

"I don't know if the league really understaaaaaaaaaands...."

"Every team should have a chance when they're at home a little bit!"

"This is the most ridiculous schedule I've ever seen."

"It's awful."

"...horrendous..."

Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Desmond24
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by Desmond24 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:55 am

How come it took him this long to complain? Did he not read the schedule when it came out? Or does he look the day before to figure out where he is playing?
Officially on Brandon Jennings ROY bandwagon
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#15 » by chuckleslove » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:10 am

Coaches and players always say one day/game at a time!
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#16 » by paul » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:14 am

icat2000 wrote:hahaha. Suck it up, Princess.

This.

The Bucks would have whined like this last season but there were no reporters covering the team to whine to.
bigbreakfast
Sixth Man
And1: 628

Post#17 » by bigbreakfast » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:20 am

wait a minute... I think I see what's going on here.... you posted a story to whine about the bucks' tough schedule LAST SEASON under the guise of calling out adelman's "whining"... brilliant!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks