ImageImage

INTRODUCING NBAREFSTATS.COM

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SCassell19
Junior
And1: 11

INTRODUCING NBAREFSTATS.COM 

Post#1 » by SCassell19 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:12 pm

After last nights debacle I busted ass and got the site up and running. Its a litle raw, but the stats are up.

You can view stats for all 117 refs who have reffed Bucks games from 1991-92 through 2008-09.
You can view the stats in a sorted format to see who "leads the league" in certain categories.
You can see each refs complete gamelog.
You can see the Bucks complete gamelog since 91-92.
You can see the Bucks stats vs each team.

Since you are able to view the gamelog it means that you guys can do your own research and find new trends.

Ask any questions and let me know any suggestions that you have. I have ideas of stuff to put on the site, but of course it all takes time. If anyone would like to help compile stats, LMK.

www.nbarefstats.com
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: INTRODUCING NBAREFSTATS.COM 

Post#2 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:15 pm

After much anticipation....
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:21 pm

Great job getting the stats up.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#4 » by LarryHarris » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:21 pm

Great time to drop the site? Who were the officials last night?
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#5 » by blkout » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:21 pm

Great stuff (Y) Ronny Garretson in the "When the Bucks shoot 10+ FT's than their opponent" or WTBS1PFTTO, scares the hell out of me. 27 times with him refereeing the Bucks shot more than 10 LESS than their opponents, and only 5 times the other way around. That's insane. If a coach had a record of 5-27 he'd get fired.

If you want any help with the site's front page design (I can't code but I'm decent graphically) let me know. I freelance a fair bit so I could put something together.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#6 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Really great job SCassell. I always thought that your stats were interesting, but this format makes them far more valuable.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,708

Post#7 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:24 pm

Fantastic job. Absolutely fantastic.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#8 » by Newz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Awesome. :D
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,669

Post#9 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Beautiful.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,708

Post#10 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Gamblers are going to appreciate this. Conspiracy theorist will love it. Basically, it's Bill Simmons' dream site.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:28 pm

You need to get all the information you can and then get it tied to a widely read NBA blog (with you as a source, obviously).
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:53 pm

We are a -348 in games where Bavetta is involved....Wow.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Shoot it FatBoy
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#13 » by Shoot it FatBoy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:02 pm

So who thinks the referee strike this year was because all refs in the league do a great job and never make any bad calls so they deserve more money? Otherwise, who thinks the refs found themselves in a place of power with Stern and realized they could demand whatever they wanted or reveal the corruption that is the NBA?
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#14 » by europa » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Great work scassell. You should post this in the General NBA Discussion forum here as well and someone should send this to Bill Simmons. He would eat this up and I'm fairly certain he'd write a column about it.
Nothing will not break me.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#15 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:11 pm

I sent it to Simmons and Woeful already.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
SCassell19
Junior

Post#16 » by SCassell19 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:53 pm

BLKOUT wrote:
If you want any help with the site's front page design (I can't code but I'm decent graphically) let me know. I freelance a fair bit so I could put something together.

If you would like to help at all email me at scassell19@yahoo.com (I used word for the main page just to throw somethin up there, but yea, as the site adds more things it will need a good design).

LUKE23 wrote:You need to get all the information you can and then get it tied to a widely read NBA blog (with you as a source, obviously).

Send it to anyone and everyone. The main thing right now is much more data needs to be compiled.

Check out the gamelog of the Bucks vs LAL:
http://www.nbarefstats.com/mil_vs_lal.htm

I dont have any other team gamelogs up yet but wanted to get that one up to show how one sided it has really been over the years.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Post#17 » by drew881 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Cool idea, although it will never get as much traffic it deserves unless you have ALL NBA teams. From the way it sounds, you have to manually add each game in from box scores you find online. Is there anyway to automate this process with box scores found online?

If you included all teams with stats for each, you could definitely get a good fan base going, and instead of spending all your time adding stats, you could spend your time writing little pieces about questionable games.
SCassell19
Junior

Post#18 » by SCassell19 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:26 pm

drew881 wrote:Cool idea, although it will never get as much traffic it deserves unless you have ALL NBA teams. From the way it sounds, you have to manually add each game in from box scores you find online. Is there anyway to automate this process with box scores found online?

If you included all teams with stats for each, you could definitely get a good fan base going, and instead of spending all your time adding stats, you could spend your time writing little pieces about questionable games.

Some I can copy and paste but some has to be manually done. Certain boxscores can be tough to find.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Post#19 » by drew881 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:56 pm

SCassell19 wrote:
drew881 wrote:Cool idea, although it will never get as much traffic it deserves unless you have ALL NBA teams. From the way it sounds, you have to manually add each game in from box scores you find online. Is there anyway to automate this process with box scores found online?

Some I can copy and paste but some has to be manually done. Certain boxscores can be tough to find.

I meant even beyond the ease of copying and pasting...having a program collect the data for you. For instance, how do various website such as Espn.com, Yahoo sports, etc. collect all their data. I doubt it is some dude(s) averaging out stats for every player after every game, but rather they have some sort of computer program sort out all the stats. Again, if you don't have a background in programming (I certainly don't) it would probably be way too hard, but maybe you could find someone who is interested in the topic to help out. With some effort, you could switch your role from compiler, to the more important task of analyzing the statistics.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,755

Post#20 » by msiris » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:31 pm

I do not think it proves that the NBA is fixed by any means. But it does proves that some refs have a personal bias against the Bucks. The league might as well be fixed if your a Bucks fan. :(
Ride the tank

Return to Milwaukee Bucks