ImageImage

TI: MIL-GS TRADE

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Re: MIL-GS TRADE 

Post#21 » by bigkurty » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:03 am

Dont get me wrong, Maggette is not that bad and for 9-11 mil a year he produces well but the system he is in helps pad his stats and he is only 3 months younger than Redd and his contract runs for 2 extra years compared to Redd. I would rather just clear Redd. I do like Randolph though and his potential even though I have questions about him ever being able to add much weight so I guess after further review I wouldnt' totally hate it. I do agree it would make us a better team immediately and the Bucks would be even more fun to watch so I could roll with it I suppose.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,537

Post#22 » by raferfenix » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:11 am

I hope we don't even consider taking on Maggette. Why lock ourselves into a player who can't pass or defend, and is getting up there in age with a monster deal?

We would need to think Randolph would be an all star in our system to do this. If he flops, it otherwise could be the kind of trade that would hamper our franchise for years and years to come...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,908

Post#23 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:21 am

raferfenix wrote:I hope we don't even consider taking on Maggette. Why lock ourselves into a player who can't pass or defend, and is getting up there in age with a monster deal?

We would need to think Randolph would be an all star in our system to do this. If he flops, it otherwise could be the kind of trade that would hamper our franchise for years and years to come...

What if we swapped Maggette to say Toronto for like Banks and Evans?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#24 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:34 am

dwalsh+ wrote:Michael Redd + 1st round 2010 pick for maggette, radmanovic, and Randolph

Gives us finally some size so we don't have jack all these long shots in randolph, a starter that can
score at the 3 by slashing and a backup big radmanovic

gs gets cap relief next year and a pick in a good draft class

No. Not Radmonovic. Why the hell would you want him? Give me Maggette and Randolph for Redd why add the pick or Radmonovic?
We don't need another soft jump shooter with no toughness who can't get to the free throw line.
Plus, I would see if we can switch picks with the Warriors or get a 2nd round pick back from them.

This deal is doable...I like Maggette alot on this team. And if he is not going to use M' Bah Moute' why not bring in Randolph and put him at small forward.

But now that I think about it, he is not a guy who can play for Skiles if he does not like to be pushed and wants to be coddled.

Even though with his upside I would get assistant Kelvin Sampson to work real hard with him as he does with Jennings...It might work out.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#25 » by trwi7 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:35 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Give me Maggette and Randolph for Redd why add the pick or Radmonovic?

Because Golden State wouldn't do it then. Duh.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#26 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:51 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
raferfenix wrote:I hope we don't even consider taking on Maggette. Why lock ourselves into a player who can't pass or defend, and is getting up there in age with a monster deal?

What if we swapped Maggette to say Toronto for like Banks and Evans?

Don't take anything rafefenix says...seriously. All of you fans look at and envision these idealistic and unrealistic trade scenario's. I see that there is NOTHING WRONG WITH MAGGETTE AT ALL!

He is an exceptional physical specimen and keeps his body in tip top shape. He is as good as you are going to get for Redd. Most fans when they talk about age don't know what the hell they are talking about.
Maggette is not old...He has a strong body, NBA size and physicality and he is as good if not better defender in principle then Redd is. And his contract is not that long where you would not consider him.
What are you talking about? He would be perfect. You are not going to get a Hall of Famer for Redd so get that out of your mind! And you will have to take another contract back...wake up.
Maggette solves every weakness we have right now.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#27 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:58 am

trwi7 wrote:
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Give me Maggette and Randolph for Redd why add the pick or Radmonovic?

Because Golden State wouldn't do it then. Duh.

How do you know what they wouldn't do?

I told you yesterday who they would take without giving up the pick!

You would have to give them M'bah Moute, and Alexander or Ersan Ilyasova to get Randolph without having to throw in the pick...

Which I might be inclined to do seeing Skiles does not have sense enough to play Moute on LeBron and Kobe in crunch time and puts Bell for goodness sake on him.

Hell, you could probaly keep Redd and give them Warrick instead! You don't have to move Redd for a deal like that.

Maggette and Redd is a wash.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#28 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:04 am

trwi7 wrote:
drew881 wrote:Looking for slashers and players who get to the line, I was wondering if the nets would get rid of Devin Harris for the right price.

Ridnour
Alexander
Meeks
next years 1st round pick unprotected

for

Harris

Say the Nets get the first overall pick. Would they try to play John Wall and Harris together, or would they deal Harris?

That would be terrible for us. Where does Harris play? Does he take minutes away from Jennings?

I would not want Devin Harris anywhere near this team. Bad fit. Never liked his game at all. Does absolutely nothing for us now. This choice is absurd. He is only good around other great players.

But I would move almost anyone for Terrence Williams. He would be tailor made for the Bucks...and before anyone in here I wanted the Bucks to draft him or Gerald Henderson before I settled for Meeks and Jennings in my predictions.

He is the epitome of what the Bucks need. Love his motor...slashes, gets to the rim, can hit a shot and set up his teamates, and Skiles would love him if he knows and appreciates basketball.

TWill will be out of control and forget some plays every now and then, but is just a superb intangible basketball player...Love to have him on our team. No one else interests me on that team except CDR and they are not moving him...

Mareese Speights is back in Philly, see what Stefanski is going to do with Elton Brand or Mareese and make a offer for him. Now if we get him, we are set...he is an ideal piece to get.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,908

Post#29 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Don't take anything rafefenix says...seriously. All of you fans look at and envision these idealistic and unrealistic trade scenario's. I see that there is NOTHING WRONG WITH MAGGETTE AT ALL!

He is an exceptional physical specimen and keeps his body in tip top shape. He is as good as you are going to get for Redd. Most fans when they talk about age don't know what the hell they are talking about.
Maggette is not old...He has a strong body, NBA size and physicality and he is as good if not better defender in principle then Redd is. And his contract is not that long where you would not consider him.
What are you talking about? He would be perfect. You are not going to get a Hall of Famer for Redd so get that out of your mind! And you will have to take another contract back...wake up.
Maggette solves every weakness we have right now.

Don't get me wrong, I like Maggette. I've been with you a lot of the time (players like Crawford, Randolph etc). I love his ability to get to the rim, even though a lot of the time it does kill the ball movement. I don't think he's as bad a defender as people say, in Orlando and LA he wasn't THAT bad, maybe Skiles could get him back to that stage. The "exceptional physical specimen and keeps his body in tip top shape" is kinda funny though as he averages only around 60-65 games a season.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Octopus Jonny
Senior
And1: 82

Post#30 » by Octopus Jonny » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Just because Maggette looks chiseled doesn't mean he's in great shape. He's also one of the worst offenders of getting his stats at the detriment of team success.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,143

Post#31 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:57 pm

You do get some benefit on this trade of sending Redd out. I think there is something to be said for that. The team can finally move on. Players can move on. The tension of having Max sitting around making his $17-18 million over the next year and one-half and being delusional thinking he needs to be starting whilst squabbling with Jennings over shots is done.

I guess the question is whether people think that 2010 first rounder would provide a better player than Anthony Randolph? If the answer is no, I'd probably do this deal assuming Skiles and Hammond felt there was something mentally inside Randolph they could work with. If they didn't, then pass.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#32 » by Debit One » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:40 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:You make the deal if you think Anthony Randolph will be a special player at some point.

Noooooooo.

Give up a lotto pick + take on long-term salary to get a talented headcase?

Like Luke said, if you want to make it a second rounder then OK, but not the first rounder in the upcoming draft.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#33 » by Debit One » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:43 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I guess the question is whether people think that 2010 first rounder would provide a better player than Anthony Randolph?

Sorry, but that isn't the question.

Let's say that the 2010 first rounder is = to Anthony Randolph (I'd rather have the 2010 1st rounder than AR, but for argument's sake).

Would you trade Redd for Maggette & Radmanovic? I sure wouldn't.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#34 » by LUKE23 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:04 pm

It's taking on Maggs deal or the first. Both would be lunacy. Personally I'd be wary to do either besides, but I could see the argument being made for doing one or the other. Taking on Maggs deal and giving up a first round pick would set us back.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,102

Post#35 » by RiotPunch » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Def. wouldn't mind Randolph, but wouldn't touch Vlad or Maggette-Spaghetti with a 10 foot pole. Plus we lose out pick? i don't hate Redd that much.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#36 » by Newz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Apparently Randolph wants a 5 year/$60 million dollar extension.

Absolutely no way I would trade for this guy now. If we are going to trade for a guy that we are going to overpay with an extension, I would much rather have it be Rudy Gay.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#37 » by unklchuk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:12 pm

I know the odds aren't high, and the hope is a long shot, but when I see titles like "MIL-GS TRADE" I click on the chance it is a real trade that just happened.

I don't know about requiring the thread initiator to use "TI" or something. That's a bit bureaucratic. But I'd vote for the moderators adding "TI:" or some such to the front of *suggested* trade ideas.
AFAIK, IDKM
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,981

Post#38 » by drew881 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Newz wrote:Apparently Randolph wants a 5 year/$60 million dollar extension.

Absolutely no way I would trade for this guy now. If we are going to trade for a guy that we are going to overpay with an extension, I would much rather have it be Rudy Gay.

This is insane. While even Gay wouldn't be worth that money, at least he is proven to some extent. Why are these talks even coming up? Isn't he still only 1 year into his rookie contract? Since we obviously aren't dealing with our rookies from that year (Joe), I don't really know what the time table is.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#39 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:46 pm

I'd be in support of taking advantage of a team that is desperate to unload a bad contract, because I don't think the Bucks have any better use of their financial flexibility. Remember when Seattle got two first-rounders for taking Kurt Thomas from the Suns, then traded Thomas to the Spurs for another first?

It would take a lot more to take Maggette, but I would never say never. I think the Bucks can absorb one terrible contract because they aren't on pace to have any other for several years. Unless Bogut becomes an albatross contract, which I believe he will, but that's another story. :D
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
idontstop15
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#40 » by idontstop15 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:29 am

... I'd trade Max for a box of donuts!

Maggette is everything the Bucks need! And there is no shred of doubt that Randolph is better than anyone in the draft this year.
Milwaukee needs to let the 'Big Dog' bark once more and retire his #13!!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks