ImageImage

12/19/09: Kings @ Bucks postgame

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,246

Re: 12/19/09: Kings @ Bucks postgame 

Post#241 » by Sigra » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:45 pm

lawrybeard wrote:The fact is that if Bogut is going to be teamed with BJ for the next few years, then he (and the wings) had better figure out how to cover the drive - because BJ won't be stopping anyone.

+1

He is "I will be Mo Williams when I grow up" right now
Sigra
RealGM

Post#242 » by Sigra » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:48 pm

paul wrote:Actually I said them in the other order, but we won't let accuracy get in the way.

It's weird to me to blame a 7 foot center giving help defense on a PG for getting 'out-quicked' rather than laying that blame on the guys actual defender who got caught going over a screen that he NEVER should have gone over. I don't expect Dwight to be able to stay in front of Wade one on one every time if he makes a great move either, call me crazy. I GUARANTEE you 99% of coaches will tell you exactly the same thing, taking the other view is your right of course but it just defies logic.
EDIT - I shouldn't say it like that as it's only my opinion.

Bogut wishes he hadn't bitten on the fake, Skiles wishes he hadn't bitten on the fake, we all wish he hadn't bitten on the fake, but that was nowhere near the biggest breakdown on that play and quite simply no 7 footer on earth is expected to be able to stop that move, none. If that was the case then the actual plan would have been to get Moute the hell out of the way and just let Bogut stop Evans, and we both know there is no way in hell that was the plan.

Very well said. Just brilliant post
Sigra
RealGM

Post#243 » by Sigra » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 pm

paul wrote:You keep saying wide-open LP. I'm trying to get out of this argument but come on man enough with the exaggeration, you make it sound like Bogut was in a different state.

OWNED :lol:
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,742

Post#244 » by AussieBuck » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:04 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:We ride this wave with Bogut every year. A series of dominant games that bring back the Australians and get the fans around here excited.

Keep on trolling us wanker. We aren't 'real fans' anyway. :roll:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Sigra
RealGM

Post#245 » by Sigra » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:12 pm

People don't understand what help defense actually means. It is NOT playing one on one defense on PG like Bogut had to do in that last play.

I agree it is Bogut responsibility to play help defense because he is last line of defense. But people need to learn what help defense actually means. If oponent's PG has one on one situation with your C and dribble ball going toward your C that is NOT help defense. It is one on one defense and nobody should expect C to stop PG in one on one defense.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks