ImageImage

12/19/09: Kings @ Bucks postgame

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 266

Re: 12/19/09: Kings @ Bucks postgame 

Post#221 » by Be Here Now » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:43 am

Thank god Moute was able to recover and challenge that drive from behind. /green font
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Post#222 » by tasball » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:40 am

Hey - just got back from a no-NBA, no-Internet and I read this thread (always go to the post-game threads)....

I guess Kings won 196 -12......
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Post#223 » by midranger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:57 am

Be Here Now wrote:Thank god Moute was able to recover and challenge that drive from behind. /green font

He was actually closer than Bogut. Had paul picked an angle that gives any information of Bogut's relative position to Evans (I suggest the one from the opposite end line on the LPBB archive), it'd be plain to see. As is, notice how you can see Evans' feet in the frame. You can only see to the bottom of Bogut's knees. That's because his feet on on the opposite side of the lane at least 5 feet away from Evans.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#224 » by blkout » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Lol come on man. Moute's closer to the free throw line than the hoop, for Bogut to be that far away he'd have to be like a foot and a half outside of the key and obviously that's not the case.
midranger
RealGM

Post#225 » by midranger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:21 pm

BLKOUT wrote:Lol come on man. Moute's closer to the free throw line than the hoop, for Bogut to be that far away he'd have to be like a foot and a half outside of the key and obviously that's not the case.

OMG, lol come on man. WTF? He's an arm's length away from Evans. As is Bogut. I hope people can visualize that if Moute continued moving in a straight line in the posted picture, he'd end up well between Bogut and Evans. Neither guy was all too close. Moute at least was picked on the play though.
midranger
RealGM

Post#226 » by midranger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:25 pm

Anyway, I'm not even sure why I'm arguing this. I know Bogut played putrid defense in the 2nd half of the Kings' game. I suspect all those defending him know that as well. At this point, it's arguing justy to argue.

It's distracting attention away from who should really be drawing everyone's ire, Adam Morrison Redd.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#227 » by blkout » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:44 pm

I know Bogut played putrid defense in the 2nd half of the Kings' game. I suspect all those defending him know that as well. At this point, it's arguing justy to argue.

You know you've done a poor job proving your point when you have to resort to this.

hope people can visualize that if Moute continued moving in a straight line in the posted picture, he'd end up well between Bogut and Evans.

I just watched a youtube clip with a front on view (from the other side of the court, directly facing the hoop) where Moute actually landed on Bogut when he came down from his jump. He was already in the space Moute was trying to get to. The only other thing that view showed me was what I already knew, in that Bogut bit way too hard on that fake.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#228 » by Newz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:14 pm

paul wrote:You keep saying wide-open LP. I'm trying to get out of this argument but come on man enough with the exaggeration, you make it sound like Bogut was in a different state.

That is about as wide open as you get for an NBA lay-up while dribbling down the middle.

Bogut practically was in a different state.
midranger
RealGM

Post#229 » by midranger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2AbVDPywzk

34 seconds in. Bogut is on the opposite side of the no charge circle from Evans. Both far to near, and left to right. He never actually left his toes. He wasn't close at all. Also, Luc clearly comes down between Bogut and Evans i.e. he was closer to Evans than Bogut. I'm unsure why that was so funny.

EDIT: By the time the ball actually leaves Evans' hand, both Moute and Evans are past Bogut who is standing at the top of the no charge circle with his right foot firmly planted on the ground..
Newz
Banned User

Post#230 » by Newz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:17 pm

midranger wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2AbVDPywzk

34 seconds in. Bogut is on the opposite side of the no charge circle from Evans. Both far to near, and left to right. He never actually left his toes. He wasn't close at all.

Evans was about as wide open as you can get on a non-assisted, non-fast break lay-up. I don't even see how it's really debatable.

Mid, you have to understand the other point of view though... They just don't think Bogut should be held accountable for any of it. A guard gets to the paint and gets a wide open lay-up and for some reason the guy anchoring our defense should get none of the blame. It sounds absolutely ridiculous to me to say it, but that is what they are trying to say.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#231 » by paul » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:25 pm

You two are relentless after a loss. Definitely time for me to take a break from the board.
midranger
RealGM

Post#232 » by midranger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:26 pm

A loss usually means a few guys had a bad game. Typically those are guys important to this team, i.e. Redd, or Bogut, or Baddy.

My posts do pick up after such a loss because I'm defending my position from about 30 people who are irrationally ignoring the facts in front of their faces because of an emotional attachment to "their guy." No one gets upset and argues after everyone plays great. We just acknowledge they played great, every one agrees, and we move on.

EDIT: This was to paul's pre-edited post that had me reveling in losses.
Newz
Banned User

Post#233 » by Newz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:27 pm

paul wrote:You two are relentless after a loss. Definitely time for me to take a break from the board.

I guess.

I just thought it was ridiculous that someone said it was 'weird' that people would blame Andrew Bogut for letting a guard (who did beat Moute off of the dribble first) into the paint for about as easy of a lay-up as you can get while driving to the basket. :D
midranger
RealGM

Post#234 » by midranger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Newz wrote:
paul wrote:You two are relentless after a loss. Definitely time for me to take a break from the board.

I guess.

I just thought it was ridiculous that someone said it was 'weird' that people would blame Andrew Bogut for letting a guard (who did beat Moute off of the dribble first) into the paint for about as easy of a lay-up as you can get while driving to the basket. :D

Bingo.

Bogut's man picked Moute. I think it's unreasonable for Moute to guard both Bogut's man and Evans. Bogut just had to deal with Evans, and Moute still did a better job of getting there. That's why Bogut caught flack. Case closed.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#235 » by paul » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:34 pm

midranger wrote:
Newz wrote:

I guess.

Bingo.

Bogut's man picked Moute. I think it's unreasonable for Moute to guard both Bogut's man and Evans. Bogut just had to deal with Evans, and Moute still did a better job of getting there. That's why Bogut caught flack. Case closed.

The misdirection and exaggeration used in that post is your standard MO and makes a relatively factual post complete garbage. Anyway you know this so I'm not sure why I'm telling you.

Like I said time to take a break, I'll let you revel in the losses alone for a while, I know how you enjoy it.
Newz
Banned User

Post#236 » by Newz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:36 pm

paul wrote:The misdirection and exaggeration used in that post is your standard MO and makes a relatively factual post complete garbage. Anyway you know this so I'm not sure why I'm telling you.

I don't know why you can't just admit that Bogut was a big part of why Evans scored on the last play... You keep saying he did get fake out, yet you still cannot explain to me why you thought it was 'weird' that anyone would say that it was his fault.

Like I said time to take a break, I'll let you revel in the losses alone for a while, I know how you enjoy it.

I'll keep Mid company... Even though he is kind of a negative Nancy. :(
midranger
RealGM

Post#237 » by midranger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Misdirection is what Evans did to Bogut. I just stated facts.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,142

Post#238 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:24 pm

We ride this wave with Bogut every year. A series of dominant games that bring back the Australians and get the fans around here excited. This year he looked so damn good in those good games, I thought we had a chance to turn the corner. But I think we're back to the "Haywood = 85% of Bogut at 50% the cost" debate.

Bogut's stock will bottom out over the next 10-days and we'll see a few trade proposals of Bogut for cap room and a mid-round first after Christmas. Things like "Deng for Bogut" will look unobtainable in the eyes of the majority of the board. Then come the second week of January, Bogut will crank it back up and those trade ideas will look ludicrous and we'll all be thinking he's better than Kaman and closing the gap on Dwight, etc, etc.

At this point I just would like him to make it through the rest of the season injury free. And then the Bucks can figure out whether their plans are to get him more help upfront or trade him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#239 » by blkout » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:52 pm

A series of dominant games that bring back the Australians

I'm here rain, hail or shine. I'm paying $30 a month to watch the Bucks, I post regardless of how he plays and I even went across RealGM debunking all of that chrisbh idiots claims about players Bogut was supposed to be better than.

midranger wrote:34 seconds in. Bogut is on the opposite side of the no charge circle from Evans. Both far to near, and left to right. He never actually left his toes. He wasn't close at all. Also, Luc clearly comes down between Bogut and Evans i.e. he was closer to Evans than Bogut. I'm unsure why that was so funny.

EDIT: By the time the ball actually leaves Evans' hand, both Moute and Evans are past Bogut who is standing at the top of the no charge circle with his right foot firmly planted on the ground..

Edit: Pointless frustration subsides. I still disagree but I'm not going to argue about it, the game's over, it's been lost and we're almost ready to see Hibbert added to Bogut's list of people who own him.
midranger
RealGM

Post#240 » by midranger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:20 pm

I actually expect Bogut to play very well against Hibbert.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks