ImageImage

Fix the Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Re: Fix the Bucks 

Post#41 » by syntax » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:14 am

Start playing Redd more. Put him in the starting lineup and hope he can return to 25ppg on 45% shooting.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#42 » by blkout » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:39 am

syntax wrote:Start playing Redd more. Put him in the starting lineup and hope he can return to 25ppg on 45% shooting.

Thread title says fix not f*ck
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Post#43 » by LUKE23 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:12 pm

syntax wrote:Start playing Redd more. Put him in the starting lineup and hope he can return to 25ppg on 45% shooting.

That would be the best way to guarantee a top 5 pick, which wouldn't be a bad thing necessarily.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Post#44 » by midranger » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:44 pm

BLKOUT wrote:

Thread title says fix not f*ck

:lol:

Now that's funny.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Blockedshot
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#45 » by Blockedshot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:58 am

The only way to fix this team is through the draft.

Keep Bogut/Jennings/Ersan/Moute and obviously the Albatross that is Redds contract and trade anyone else to get as many decent draft picks as possible.

Then go all out for an athletic slasher type, preferably someone who can hit FT's.

Spend the 2 years educating the younger players and playing them together so they gain confidence in each other and get a good system going.

Once Redd moves along go for a FA and with a bit of luck the team might be a genuine contender.
dunhill
Junior
And1: 0

Post#46 » by dunhill » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:51 am

I'd like to see the size issue adressed. Ersan who has been surprisingly good as he's been seems to be lacking the prototypical physical attributes at the 4. Same with Warrick(who has looked horrid) I was just watching the game and it seems to me compared to Troy Murphy/Tyler Hansborough he's a bit too skinny/light and then watching the Lakers game he was really physically mismatched. I admit against the Lakers frontline is a tough matchup for 90% of teams in the NBA but it was really striking there. Ersan still pretty young though so I assume another NBA style offseason routine would probably help. I don't know I've watched a dozen or so Bucks games this season and everytime the bench bigs get on they're either overmatched physically or in terms of basketball skill. I haven't been able to say oh ok this is a mtchup they can exploit or at least match evenly in comparison to the opposition big man rotation.

I haven't seen a lot Ersan but maybe he's better off as a 3man instead of manning the 4 spot? If they want to keep him at 4 I'd like the bench size to be upgraded. I'd like a real junkyard dog/enforcer type big man with a little bit of basketball iq. I had my hopes KT would be that guy but those days are long gone.

i still have faith that the Prince can develop a competent midrange game. His form isn't too bad.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks