ImageImage

Andre Igoudala Scenarios

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Re: Andre Igoudala Scenarios 

Post#81 » by drew881 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 11:06 pm

Nebula1 wrote:I'm really hoping Hammond will let it get down to the bare bones and rebuild.

I think he maybe has learned his lesson after the Jefferson for Yi trade. Who knows, our tank lineup this year could have been:

Tyreke Evans (definitely would have drafted higher, although I am one of the biggest Jennings supporters on this board, Tyreke is the guaranteed future superstar at the moment)
Redd
Joe Alexander, Luc, Simmons (exp)
Ersan, Yi (again, don't so much care that Yi has played ok this season, more so that Simmons would be expiring).
Bogut

I stuck Alexander in there, since without Jefferson, he may have gotten some time last year, actually played a bit and not gone through the downward spiral of suck that we had. Still not saying he would be great, but it would be a great tank lineup. I doubt it will happen, but maybe Alexander is the case study that teaches Hammond to be a bit more patient.

Would you have put up with that lineup for a couple of years (given we are already 1.5 in) for a chance at John Wall/Evans backcourt?
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#82 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 11:08 pm

No offense, but you guys are looking in the wrong direction and copying the Bucks model that has not worked yet.

We're so close to doing this right. Yeah the losing sucks, but the long-term structure will be there for a real growth model.

It would be beyond disappointing to see a deal like this go down. I like Igoudala, but this is not the right fit.
nikip43
Junior
And1: 18

Post#83 » by nikip43 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 11:38 pm

Nebula1 wrote:No offense, but you guys are looking in the wrong direction and copying the Bucks model that has not worked yet.

We're so close to doing this right. Yeah the losing sucks, but the long-term structure will be there for a real growth model.

It would be beyond disappointing to see a deal like this go down. I like Igoudala, but this is not the right fit.

Igoudala is the right fit, though.
This supposed real growth happens in increments of two players per year? A first round pick (which Hammond has drafted boom or bust in the first round the past two seasons) and a second round pick with shortcomings.
I disagree with trading draft picks and can see the merits of not overpaying in free agency. But it's ok to have players making eight figures if they play both sides of the court very well.
Hammond's draft plan in the first round suggests to me that he'll risk the safe play to roll the dice and nab a superstar. With that said, I don't see the point in closing the door to adding long term salary just for the sake that it's long term salary.

raferfenix wrote:The 4 years is a lot, but then again, if his deal were better it'd be much tougher to get him. I think the Bucks still do have a shot because of this and the fact that I don't see many/any other teams willing to take on Dalembert (who we'd be swapping for Redd) in addition.

This is a crucial point. Buy low (but not for the sake of player's talent, age, or attitude...Igoudala is so perfect in those three regards). The Bucks would be buying low based solely on the long term nature of his contract. That, and Philly has a swingman on their roster in Thad Young who fans are debating their preference toward (see RealGM Philly board).
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#84 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 11:40 pm

Nebula1 wrote:No offense, but you guys are looking in the wrong direction and copying the Bucks model that has not worked yet.

Well said. The Bucks almost looked like they were going to rebuild the right way in 2005, but they abandoned the rebuild and traded a first-round pick for Magloire just a few months into the process. They started a rebuild by giving away Sessions, CV, and RJ, and they should have the vision to stick with it this time.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
verbalhologram
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#85 » by verbalhologram » Mon Jan 4, 2010 11:40 pm

'
Definately gotta look bigger picture and long term,your so right mate. We have a few pieces to start building with.
Also Iggy still has work to do for the sixers, I support their plight too.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#86 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 11:52 pm

With as close to the edge as this franchise is, it's time to take the macro approach once and for all. No more **** band aids. Every year we do that. We, as fans, need this franchise to become profitable and stay in Milwaukee. That should be the real goal. To do that, we need an influx of young talent on cheaper deals. Like lotto picks.

Coolhand, I agree. I think the vision is there this season or Ramon would be here. Perhaps even Amir. But Hammond knew he'd have to pay Amir this summer and he wasn't going to do that. I hope with my soul that he's going to let the contracts come off and acquire draft picks (if possible) in the meantime.

In a couple seasons, Bogut, Jennings, Ersan and Moute will be the veteran leadership and should have a couple lotto picks following their lead.

Bogut, Jennings, Ersan, Moute + 2 lotto picks + a couple second rounders + cap space is much more desirable than Igoudala and a couple 40 win seasons, early playoff exits and mid first round picks. It would be hilarious to watch Igoudala to become the next "Redd". I can imagine the hate this board would dish out as the team still isn't winning and we have an even longer contract to wait out.

Why we have to go over this each season is beyond me. As long as Skiles is cool going full rebuild, that's the direction I want to go.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#87 » by raferfenix » Tue Jan 5, 2010 12:16 am

nikip43 makes the crucial point that it's worth paying this kind of money to two way players like Igoudala.

And whatever this trade would be, it would not be a band aid. It would be committing to a franchise cornerstone for years to come. We'd be acquiring a player just about to hit his prime, and we'd be allocating resources to do so.

Band aids are trading for Caron Butler. This would constitute a sea change for our future, as we would (finally) be committing to a defensive oriented, pass first, fast breaking team and putting money where our mouth is.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#88 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 12:26 am

Rather just draft this guy and see how it goes:

Henry on a rookie deal is much better for the health of the organization than Igoudala, who can't shoot.

Or better yet, this guy:

Don't think we can slip to him though.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#89 » by Wise1 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 12:27 am

Nebula1
RealGM

Post#90 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 12:28 am

raferfenix wrote:nikip43 makes the crucial point that it's worth paying this kind of money to two way players like Igoudala.

Like Bobby Simmons?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Post#91 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 12:54 am

Bobby was an over-achieving second round pick who did it for one season. Bobby also only was a scorer.

Iggy has been a really good player for a number of years. Across the board.

But I'm not giving up Ersan or LRMAM or the pick for him at this point. I want to clear Redd. And also tank a bit more as well, so let's not do this until the trade deadline if then.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#92 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 12:58 am

Bottom line is we as fans need Kohl to sell this team to somebody who will keep the team in Milwaukee. My hope is that he'll sell after the 2010/2011 season. The team will be very attractive with a primary roster of

Jennings
Henry (or Davis, Turner, Favors)
Moute
Ilyasova
Bogut
*lotto pick
*second rounder
*second rounder

The roster has little salary on it at that point and a is full of young, exciting players. This will be his opening to sell the team at a relative premium and still be at a price that someone in Wisconsin should be able to put together a solid buyer group.

The Milwaukee Bucks can become real players with a new owner under this scenario.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks