ImageImage

OT: TJ Ford

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: OT: TJ Ford 

Post#41 » by REDDzone » Mon Jan 4, 2010 8:08 pm

Newz wrote:We should bring Bobby Simmons back too. He will bring some toughness and then he can team Moute how to punch some hookers.

Now were talkin'.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#42 » by europa » Mon Jan 4, 2010 8:10 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Newz wrote:We should bring Bobby Simmons back too. He will bring some toughness and then he can team Moute how to punch some hookers.

Now were talkin'.

Then bring back Payton and Cassell to show the guys how real men deal with strippers in Toronto.
Nothing will not break me.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#43 » by Newz » Mon Jan 4, 2010 8:11 pm

europa wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

Now were talkin'.

Then bring back Payton and Cassell to show the guys how real men deal with strippers in Toronto.

:rockon:
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,242

Post#44 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 8:13 pm

Don't forget Tim Thomas. Chickenheads get out of control frequently at late night diners.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#45 » by WRau1 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 8:30 pm

I dunno if Bobby Simmons wants to leave NJ, hes like a kid in a candy store w/ his hooker punching over there. The hookers are still laying a bit low in Milwaukee, they know Simmons is only a few hours away.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,826

Post#46 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jan 4, 2010 8:32 pm

TJ Ford being a cokehead = guilty by association? Haha.
Go Bucks!
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#47 » by LarryHarris » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:00 pm

I think every once in a while, you get a guy who plays spectacular early, and then he kind of peters off. Generally, the ones who get back are the ones who specialize after they realize they aren't starters or stars, but could really be great role players if they worked on a specific facet of their game. I see TJ as a Rafer/Lue type PG if he can find a way to check his ego and become a bench guy. I don't know if that will happen any time soon, but I don't doubt he has enough talent to keep getting NBA contracts. Look at AI, no one wanted him because everyone knew he'd want to start. I think until TJ makes it clear that he will accept a back up type role, he will be nothing but useless to any team that signs him...
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#48 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:02 pm

I don't know anything about TJ's drug use, though it has long been a rumor. But I do know lots of guys that have "partied" in simalair ways with some other Bucks players that are well respected, so I wouldn't be too quick to blame his career slump on that.

I think the two biggest factors are that 1) Opposing coaches realized that he can get by anyone and dish it off, but he can't finish at the rim over bigger defenders. So they started instructing their teams to step out and guard cutters and make TJ beat you at the rim. And in that capacity, he is the anti-Parker. He just can't score inside. The other thing I have noticed 2) is that after the second neck injury (there was an unpublicized one when he was at Texas) he played more cautiously, much less prone to fly through traffic or absoarb contact. Never the same once he had that tentativeness.
europa
RealGM

Post#49 » by europa » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:16 pm

LarryHarris wrote:I think until TJ makes it clear that he will accept a back up type role, he will be nothing but useless to any team that signs him...

He accepted his backup role with the Pacers last season and played well coming off the bench. O'Brien was effusive in his praise at the end of last season, even saying T.J. was the team's best defensive guard. So I don't think his poor play this season has anything to do with his ego being too good to be a backup. He simply isn't playing with any heart. When he was with the Bucks and Raptors (and at times last season), his strength came from how much fire he played with. He was an aggressive player. Some might call him cocky but he took the court believing he was the best player on it and that was a huge reason why he played so well (Jennings has a similar mindset for what it's worth). But watching him this season and that fire is no longer there. I think the game against the Bucks was a glaring example of that. He literally was coasting through that game. He didn't play hard at all. His effort was terrible.

Like I said, you can have all the talent in the world (and T.J. is a very skilled PG) but it doesn't mean squat if you don't have any heart. And this season, T.J. hasn't played with any heart. I think the Pacers have been more than patient waiting for him to find it.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:19 pm

TJ was terrible in that game. But the weird thing I remember from that broadcast was how Pashke and Johnny Mac went after Hansbrough. I can't ever remember them being so negative agaisnt a player, and a rookie no less. Anyone else catch that? They started off hinting that he was a ballhog, then got worked up about how he was cocky, and made a few more comments. It was weird. I hate Hansbrough by the way.
europa
RealGM

Post#51 » by europa » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:23 pm

Will Perdude wrote:TJ was terrible in that game.

That's when it really was driven home for me. He hadn't been playing well before that game but historically he's owned the Bucks so I figured he'd at least come out and play hard against them. But when his effort remained piss poor in that game, I figured his season was done. I got an email from a buddy of mine who works with a Western Conference team who also is a Ford fan and he was like "Did you see that?" We both figured if T.J. was going to go through the motions against a team he almost always lit up it might be time to stick a fork in him for this season.

But the weird thing I remember from that broadcast was how Pashke and Johnny Mac went after Hansbrough. I can't ever remember them being so negative agaisnt a player, and a rookie no less. Anyone else catch that? They started off hinting that he was a ballhog, then got worked up about how he was cocky, and made a few more comments. It was weird. I hate Hansbrough by the way.

Yea that was a little odd. I remember that too. Their comments were rather personal in tone.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:25 pm

Yea that was a little odd. I remember that too. Their comments were rather personal in tone.[/quote]

Maybe their ATandT cell service was cutting in and out and Tyler was unable to find their puppy. What an absolutely crappy and confusing commercial.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#53 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:27 pm

I can see where the hate comes from. Hansbrough is a guy that you just want to punch. Just by looking at him, don't even need to talk to him.

Tell me you don't want to punch him.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#54 » by jerrod » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:27 pm

they ripped on tj to a ridiculous level too, i thought.

i was pretty put off by it, came off as sounding bitter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,771

Post#55 » by emunney » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:28 pm

I wonder if Hansbrough refused to work out for us.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
europa
RealGM

Post#56 » by europa » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:31 pm

jerrod wrote:they ripped on tj to a ridiculous level too, i thought.

i was pretty put off by it, came off as sounding bitter

They have done that almost every game that he's played against the Bucks. Paschke, in particular, tends to attack T.J. and I agree it makes them sound bad. Paschke tends to feel like he has carte blanche to rip on ex-Bucks but he takes it to an absurd level with T.J.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,826

Post#57 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:32 pm

europa wrote:
They have done that almost every game that he's played against the Bucks. Paschke, in particular, tends to attack T.J. and I agree it makes them sound bad. Paschke tends to feel like he has carte blanche to rip on ex-Bucks but he takes it to an absurd level with T.J.

Damon gets it pretty badly too, not sure what's going on there.
Go Bucks!
europa
RealGM

Post#58 » by europa » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:35 pm

MFScho wrote:
europa wrote:

Damon gets it pretty badly too, not sure what's going on there.

It is weird. It's one thing to issue legitimate criticisms. Every player has them. But Paschke seems to delight in ripping on ex-Bucks. Perhaps he believes it helps justify why they're ex-Bucks and why the Bucks are so much better off without this player or that one. But he really goes overboard in a few instances. The one exception so far seems to be Mo but it's hard to rip on Mo when he's playing on an elite team.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#59 » by Newz » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:36 pm

It's hard to rip on Mo because he is awesome. :D
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,101

Post#60 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 4, 2010 9:39 pm

I know that none of you want to believe it......but Michael Ray Richardson didn't have heart either. Nor did John Lucas.

There was a reason TJ one night could look like a great PG and the next he's passing the ball to Eastside Bucks Fan in row three.

Some guys can handle certain activities better than others. If we want to use the euphemism on not having heart, let's toss Vin Baker into the mix.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks